MSN & Hotmail MB Upgrades?!!

Best answers
This is very weird, when i first started off with a hotmail account a long while back, i only had 1mb, but over the last past 2 weeks or so ive recently had 2000MB, its very werid but at the same time good. Has anyone else experinced a big upgrade in there MSN or Hotmail MB Area ??! o_O

Mine looks just like this, i wouldve posted the page but i dont know how too take a snapshot at it or copy it or anything.

0% of 2000MB

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must be incredibly lucky, because my inbox is (still) only 2 Mb.

Best answers
Lol OMG!! i thought i was the only one..mine is exactly the same and here i thought it was just a glitch or something, mine says 2000 MB as well and my percentage is higher than 0% ^_^

Best answers
Its either your in the MSN Hotmail Plus, its a bug, or your telling dumb fibs.

Best answers
XsilentlyXdiesX said:
Its either your in the MSN Hotmail Plus, its a bug, or your telling dumb fibs.
1. Dosent hotmail plus cause money??!

2. Yes it could possibly be a bug

3. Fib?!? watever I wouldnt waste my time posting a new thread just too lie about something, someone show me how to take a snapshot of the page and save it and ill edit my post and post it :)

Best answers
Hmm, most likely its just a bug, i had something like that happen where it was over 2000mb but than i restarted my computer and it was gone. but ur's and sakuras lasted over 2 weeks, thats a long bug, u guys really just might have 2000mb for watever reason, all i can say is u guys are lucky :D

Best answers
I still have 2Mb as well, but I got a mail from Hotmail saying that there was going to be an upgrade for all users both in mail storage (up to 250mb) and maximum size of attachements(up to 10Mb).
I got the mail in spanish so no use posting a quote from it ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope isn't a bug
read about it a few weeks ago on a dutch news site 06-24-04
( dutch ppl click here for the article )

summed up it's about not wanting to be behind competition
so they increased it

free = 250 MB
payed = 2 gig
but I have no clue why you guys get 2000MB instead of 250, so that might be a bug
but the increased storage space is planned

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it's bugged. If you sign up with

GO to Start menu --> All Programs --> then click on the MSN Explorer (YOU MUST SIGN UP for a @msn.com e-mail from the MSN Explorer e-mail whether you like it or not)

Then follow the instructions to create a new account (click on I already have Internet Access )
It will proceed to ask you questions about password / secret question / demographics and once you create your username & passowrd, click on the Mail (within msn explorer NOT INTERNET EXPLORER) icon and on the left it will display 0% of 2000MB
http for outlook

To setup your MSN based account in Outlook XP, please follow the instructions given below:
1. Click Tools and then click E-mail Accounts.
2. Under E-mail, click Add a new e-mail account, fill in the following two dialog boxed
3. On the Server Type dialog, select HTTP. Select OTHER as the service provider.
4. Use this as the incoming mail server: http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata
5. Click Next and then click Finished.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Log's onto hotmail* Nope, still 2mb

Best answers
well I have 2 GB cause I pay for it the fair way, same with my own domain. So either your gunna be billed for it, or it will go away cause its most likly a bug.

Best answers
Nope, I read this article a while back. It's not a bug, Hotmail is increasing it's inbox size to combat G-Mail and Yahoo's increase. I had heard this a while back, maybe it's finally starting, or it could be a bug on your side.

*EDIT* I apologize, it looks like a bug on your side. The upgrade will be 250, not 200. Here's an article I found off a website through Google.

The Hotmail changes are impressive, especially when you consider that they'll affect more than 170 million Hotmail users. Starting sometime this summer, all Hotmail customers--both free and paid--will receive free email antivirus-scanning capabilities. Nonpaid Hotmail customers' email storage space will grow to 250MB, whereas Microsoft will begin offering a Hotmail Plus service for $19.95 a year that provides a whopping 2GB of email storage. Previously, the free Hotmail service provided just 10MB of email storage, although customers could pay $29.95 a year for 25MB of email storage.
*edit2* Meh, the anti-depressant beat me to it, looks like I need some sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom