MSN 7.0 Nudge Wars ><

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems that's all people do now , i just had a 7player nudge war (to an extent , every1 was nudge spamming 0_o) and plus nearly every1 on my msn list just wants to nudge teh crap outta me & or every1 else on their list

if i could nudge you hear and now , i would :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that the nudge feature allone will result in the fall of msn 7.0 D:. It's very useful on one hand, but it's also the most annoying noise I've ever heard in my life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can disable it, which I have done. Nudging is just taking annoyance to the next level. It makes an annoying sound, it makes the screenshake, but worst of all it puts the window on top of everything else, so if you get nudged mid-sentence you send half of it to the wrong person :p

Down with nudging!

Best answers
That's why you turn the MSN sounds off and disables nudges ;)

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tools-->Options-->Messages

Uncheck Allow me to send and recieve Nudges.

Best answers
X said:
And that is why 6.2 > 7.0
Gonna have to agree with you there X. Also not too found of this new "block exe.'s so the msn n00bs don't get a virus" Zipping stuff is annoying.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What!? You mean Msn 7.0 Delibreratley cancel's ppl Sending .exe Files to me?! WTF?!..sigh.. can I still doodle with 6.2? -.-

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
What!? You mean Msn 7.0 Delibreratley cancel's ppl Sending .exe Files to me?! WTF?!..sigh.. can I still doodle with 6.2? -.-
I think you might be able to, as long as you still have Journal Viewer installed (which you must have if you were able to doodle in 7.0). I'm pretty sure I remember a few of my buddies using the doodle/handwrite feature in prior versions.

I agree with what's been stated of Nudges. They are absolutely the epitome of annoyance. I disabled them after I got my first nudge.

I do like the faeture that MSN 7 has which allows you to leave a small message next to your screen name (without making your screen name gigantic in a conversation window), and I do like that it places avatars on the buddy list.

Still, the nudges just have to go.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like some of the new features it came with (was the ability to get rid of those tabs there before? If it was, I never noticed it until now XD), but the "winks" and "nudges" are just stupid. They look like last-minute "hey, let's add this, it'll be funny!" things. If they were offered as an addon or something it wouldn't be so aggravating, but they come installed and enabled by default!

*shakes fist*

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nudging games thou are no fun without rolfmao images (if they do make you rolflamo at all)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no restraints on winks, i've had my screen fill up with a hundred kisses from people who think it's funny or cute, meanwhile I reach for the wall socket...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
There's no restraints on winks, i've had my screen fill up with a hundred kisses from people who think it's funny or cute, meanwhile I reach for the wall socket...
I just disabled the "Play winks automatically after they are sent" feature. Like nudges, peoeple can be very abusive of them.

Although I do like some of the winks (guy smashing an amp with a guitar!), I do agree that they get to be pretty annoying when they're abused. Some how, conversations on MSN seem just a bit too jovial since winks and nudges arrived >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me and mr smo spent 30 minutes sending sound clips back and forth to each other... it was pretty entertaining. and then AZN joined in... and it all went to hell >_>

some of them are funny, but yeh, when your screen gets filled and all you want to do is work on a model for a little while, its a pain in the ass...

thats why i use 1 monitor for MSN convo's and the other for anything important :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats why I have the block button to block dumb people. -_-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just pray to every diety imaginable that neither my roommate or his fiance get the new version. I'm already annoyed enough by him leaving his speakers on and MSN plus running with no change in online status and her having to send him that one clip that says something along the lines of "Hidey Ho!" from South Park every time she misses him or something. Bleh.

Best answers
Tried 7.0 beta a long time ago, saw the nudging, went on the hunt for good 'ol 6.2 again. Still on it, still loving it. No nudging for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nudge wars ownz j00 ;o

p.s. congratulations Almighty_gir(l) for becoming a mod

Best answers
I just got the messpatch0777 for msn 7.0. Takes off loads of msn junk icons and popup, lets winamp work for now playing, blocks recieving nudges, but lets you still send them, gives you all the msn games. and it also takes off the exe blocker. but both people need this patch for it to send.

*offtopic* congrats Gir...actually i thought you was a mod already for some reason o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom