🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly :

You made a thread called MP3 yet you present a WAV file =/
A WAV filesize being multiple times larger than it needs to be.
Something 40 MB could of been made into 4 MB. You have an insane bitrate also.
So straight off the bat Im extremely dubious you know what youre doing with music at all.

Secondly:

All you did was get the Pefect Cell Techno remix (a favourite song of mine which I know very well), and slow down the tempo. Not even properly, you just seemed to have changed the play rate in something like Wavepad, rather than actually setting a fixed tempo. This results in extreme distortion as all samples are stretched without correction. In fact, playing this alongside the original file, and decreasing the tempo properly, I can hear you added nothing at all to this song, other than making it sound horrible and last almost 2X longer. You should be convicted of 1st degree rape for the obscenity you have brought to the world.

Lastly:

You made no attempt at all to honour the original artist. Im sure ALX (Alex Wallbank) would love to get his hands on you. He first composed this for a Dragon Ball Z Quake mod called DBQ I believe.

If you want DBZ music mixes, take a cue from THESE, because what you have just done is insulting to the original artist, insulting to people like myself that undertake music as our artform, and everyone else who enjoys listening to music and honouring the people who bring them something original.

Disgusted.

>=(

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sir, I'm going to have to sentence you to death for you making a horrible remix. Also for almost bursting my eardrums. Holy ****.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I have permanently lost my hearing and you will be hearing from my lawyer next week. I applaud your courage into the unknown but please post warning signs so others may not suffer the same fate as me.

Thank you for your time, your clothes, and your motorcycle.

Best answers
Sorry guys.
The program i was useing is crap, i thought it was a music mixer but it was a dj's tool,

when i tried too mix other songs in it just made another file... i never used a dj tool just mixers.. :( . What about it's size?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You're on the right track, I'd just try going to www.download.com and take a look at some of the freeware sound programs they have to offer. There are some pretty legit ones that'll give you better quality.

Best answers
Ok, I'll try it , you could'nt here it with the dj tool i used but a used the perfect cell techno mix, i had linkin park, and Disturbed it was kool untill i published it. :(

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you are using a mixer, and you are recording, it will increase the audio sample rate buffer. This results in increasing millisecond delays in sound processing. When you add mp3 encoding during this process, this creates even larger delays. Before you even begin, you want to set the sample rate as low as possible whilst still having clarity in your sound. Too low, your hardware cant handle it. Too high, and sound becomes choppy. With high quality audio interfaces you can get good performance nearing 1ms.

Therefore for that reason, as well as purity for future editing, you want it to record as a wav file. You would convert it to an mp3 when you were finished producing.

What program were you using?

It seems ironic to me that you say :
The program i was useing is crap, i thought it was a music mixer but it was a dj's tool. i never used a dj tool just mixers.
... when a DJs tool - is a mixer! The programs you would find to be mixers are the DJ tools, and vice versa - and they usually arent crap because they are pretty much all the same until you get to really technical details.

If you want to mix, I recommend using something like Traktor Pro or Serato - although you will have greater control over these if you have a controller, such as the VCI-100. If you want more control to compose you can use something like CuBase, Reason, or FruityLoops.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom