Movie Battles ESF.

Best answers
Yeah, i thought it deserved a thread of its own

:idea: A Custom-made mappack, that includes maps already created and with pre-set bots with pre-set PL's attacks, attack-patterns, and so on.

Basically it would be "Movie Battles" for ESF, A pack made for the people that wants to fight "Movie maps" where it would simply be to insert the needed bots and save all these files so they would be uploadable and directly playable?

As an example let's take the fight against nappa:

The map is createable, naturally, any map is.
the characters would be

Good: Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha, Chaozu, Tien.
Evil: Nappa

The idea would be that those were the only characters you could choose in this map, each of them would have a different set PL, but they would also have a LIMIT, to their powers, they are as always able to gain powerlevels, but not able to surpass a set amount, Nappa can of course go way higher than the others, - well, you choose whichever character, all the characters you did *not* choose will then join as bots with set personalities to resemble the movie-like the best.

Nappa is naturally alot stronger than the earthlings, but would be alone, and 1 against 6 is actually quuuiiiite hard, even if you have a million times more power than the ones you fight.

This idea should require a minimum of new coding, but simply a way to save all the settings, and then make a pack of it

~ What do you think people? o_o

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not possible without creating an entirely new gamemode from scratch. And even then youd still be limited to adding bots yourself. ESF maps dont support the monster entity, so you cant add bots with the map default.

Oh and if you are good at the game then PL does not matter. You can kill the guy with 10 million while you are still on 1 million in ESF.

Best answers
Its not possible without creating an entirely new gamemode from scratch. And even then youd still be limited to adding bots yourself. ESF maps dont support the monster entity, so you cant add bots with the map default.

Oh and if you are good at the game then PL does not matter. You can kill the guy with 10 million while you are still on 1 million in ESF.
Hmm, you might be right about that.. but let's see. - are you sure of that? seeing as most of it is already created, all it need is to be put together.. i would gladly use a few hours saving files together for direct uploading. Again, you might be right, but i'm not all sure

I know that, my point with the PL is mostly that it wouldn't fit the "story" well if you were at 100,000,000 fighting radditz.. nor would it fit very well that radditz suddenly was 100 times weaker than goky while fighting him..

i could be at 800.000 and still beat someone with hundred times my PL in melee, that sadly has very little to do with it.

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
something like this might just be possible in 1.3 final due to some things we'll have to add if we're going to add an ingame tutorial. However, I can't make any promises so hold your breath ;P

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ESF maps dont support the monster entity, so you cant add bots with the map default.
This is something though that can easily be added with all the coders we have :p.

Best answers
This is something though that can easily be added with all the coders we have :p.
Did i mention i love you guys? ^_^ *licks*
Uhm, but is it something these coders would be interrested in working with?

This would satisfy the SP hungry guys out there, without breaking your principle of never making an SP :p

even better now that the new particle system looks gorgeous, it will prob be possible to make it seem even more dramatic and movie-like! (ok, that was just to praise that release, but omgzitsfknawesome)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first comes the bot code.

But to be honest. I really dont want to be recompiling the same map twice just cause one needs a monster entity.

But yea as DJ said. Due to the new XML system you will probably be able to mess round with character stats a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom