Mountain Dew: Pitch Black

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alot of people haven't tried it, eh?
It's nothing too great. It doesn't really have a strong grape flavor. I've always thought Mountain Dew tasted like watered-down lemon-lime soda, so this flavor makes taste like watered-down grape soda.
It's not bad, but if I had the choice between it and Dr Pepper (or Red Fusion, omfg) I wouldn't even think twice about it. D:

Best answers
Its ok i think. tastes alot like a whinecooler i think lol. I like code red better though specialy if i need to stay up all night playing some game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Red fusion... why'd you have to remind me of that.. I got hooked on it, and then they stopped making it in my area. I don't know if it's sold anywhere else... but I sure as hell cant find it anywhere. Pitch black is pretty good, but its no red fusion.

The Postmaster

T
Well My father works for the Coca Cola Bottling Company, so it has been drilled into my head to condemn pepsi in all of it's forms.(no i haven't tried pitch black) Maybe this is a biased opinion, but in my area and most others that I have visited Mountain Dew is something that you drink because it makes you cool, not that there is anything wrong with that I suppose I just think that if i were to label myself with a corporate entity I would do so based on taste or what they stand by rather because maybe I can chill with the populars now. Like I said there is a good chance that this is a biased opinion but anyone who knows anything about the softdrink industry knows that Pepsi (including mountain dew) is geared to sell to the urban, less mature populous. NO INSULTS INTENDED. Where as Coca Cola is geared to the more mature populous, it's in there advertisements and there sodas, no reasonable human being can say that pepsi has a more mature taste than coke. I happen to find myself as very mature not to to my own horn that is why I shy away from Mountain Dew and Pepsi being a staple of the younger demographic.

*I have tried all mountain dew products with the exception of pitch black, and am yet to be impressed to say the least*

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Postmaster said:
Well My father works for the Coca Cola Bottling Company, so it has been drilled into my head to condemn pepsi in all of it's forms.(no i haven't tried pitch black) Maybe this is a biased opinion, but in my area and most others that I have visited Mountain Dew is something that you drink because it makes you cool, not that there is anything wrong with that I suppose I just think that if i were to label myself with a corporate entity I would do so based on taste or what they stand by rather because maybe I can chill with the populars now. Like I said there is a good chance that this is a biased opinion but anyone who knows anything about the softdrink industry knows that Pepsi (including mountain dew) is geared to sell to the urban, less mature populous. NO INSULTS INTENDED. Where as Coca Cola is geared to the more mature populous, it's in there advertisements and there sodas, no reasonable human being can say that pepsi has a more mature taste than coke. I happen to find myself as very mature not to to my own horn that is why I shy away from Mountain Dew and Pepsi being a staple of the younger demographic.

*I have tried all mountain dew products with the exception of pitch black, and am yet to be impressed to say the least*
Wow, I have never seen anybody put so much thought into the Cola industry and come out thinking bull****. You have absolutely no evidence to make such claims, and you even say, it's all based on a biased opinion because your father works for Coca Cola. I drink Pepsi, I'm 19, does drinking Pepsi make me immature, no. Why? Because cola is cola. People drink Mountain Dew because it makes you cool? Last time I checked, nobody went, "Ooh, that guy is drinking Mountain Dew, he MUST be cool!" Nobody even pays attention to what someone is drinking. Maybe they enjoy the taste? No, that can't be it... :rolleyes:

As for Pitch Black? Havn't had it yet, or even seen it in stores. Maybe it hasn't made it's way to Canada yet.

but anyone who knows anything about the softdrink industry knows that Pepsi (including mountain dew) is geared to sell to the urban, less mature populous.
I had to quote this again. Did your Coke employed dad drill this into your brain too? Because you have absolutely no idea how much I have to hold back right now to not flame you. Why is every single Diet Pepsi commercial aimed at the middle aged working class, claiming it is "The One That's Forever Young."

This is the part where you go... "Uhhh, ummm...oh."

Best answers
I'm going to have to say this Opti; owned.

I tried to tell him the same thing, I drink Mountain Dew for TASTE, not to fit in. Something's not clicking, I guess. Not something that anyone should argue over, as it's a very, very stupid thing to do so.

The Postmaster

T
if you are to blind to accept adverse thought then like my friend tassadar you will not listen to reason. and i have know reason to discuss this with you because the first thing you will do is relate what i said to everyone which isnt what i said. anyways i said it may be partially biased sorry if this is pff topic

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Postmaster said:
anyone who knows anything about the softdrink industry knows that Pepsi (including mountain dew) is geared to sell to the urban, less mature populous.
The Postmaster said:
no reasonable human being can say that pepsi has a more mature taste than coke. I happen to find myself as very mature not to to my own horn that is why I shy away from Mountain Dew and Pepsi being a staple of the younger demographic.
Quoted for absolute ridiculousness.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried it. It's toxic. I hate code red. I'd rather drink code red. And I rather lick a steel belted radial than drink code red.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Navanax said:
I've heard of Mountain Dew, but I'll be damned if I know what it tastes like.
Just imagine drinking fresh dew from a mountain. :laff:

I was going to try it but I saw that it was grape and I am the worlds biggest grape hater so I set it back down. Taco Bell has a special edition Mountain Dew also, it's some sort of fruit splash stuff and I heard it was the best thing since bread came sliced.

But since you guys say it is good I will give the blackness a try. :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It is a conspiracy to keep the white man down. All my brothas, all my sistas, we will overcome this and gather Wayne BRady and fight this evil black shroud covering us.

Not really.

The ****s awesome, I tasted it before.

Word to your grandma.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O HI MAGGEH =D
--------
I would really like to try this. I used to love Grape Crush when I was younger, so I can only imagine the joys of Grape Mountain Dew.

Best answers
The Postmaster said:

u need to look at ur own sig and relise what u r saying.
u just insalted about half of the people who red that load of bull.

P.S. i live in the sub-urbs. me and all of my frends like it.

Best answers
I'd have to stick with LiveWire. I tried pitch black and didn't like it.

Best answers
I tried PitchBlack and i liked it, But Also i agree that Coca Cola is targetted to a more mature audiance or soemthign liek that, think about it, Pepsi has pop stars and Models doing it's commercials, while Coca Cola has classic figures liek santa claus...
Alright, maybe not more mature audiance, but pepsi targets teens and pret-teens with its commercials, havnt you seen the one where jimmy hendrix or whatever was gonan buy a pop, pepsi beside the guitar shop, Coke beside the Accordian shop...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
y2KeNnY said:
I tried PitchBlack and i liked it, But Also i agree that Coca Cola is targetted to a more mature audiance or soemthign liek that, think about it, Pepsi has pop stars and Models doing it's commercials, while Coca Cola has classic figures liek santa claus...
Alright, maybe not more mature audiance, but pepsi targets teens and pret-teens with its commercials, havnt you seen the one where jimmy hendrix or whatever was gonan buy a pop, pepsi beside the guitar shop, Coke beside the Accordian shop...
Yah man, Jimmy Hendrix's music is so directed at pre-teens. Glad you ran that one by us chief. :rolleyes:

The Santa Claus comment was cute... and the majority of the people who believe in Santa Claus are who again...? *dramatic drum roll for uber suspense* Oh right, small children, that's what I thought.

No offense, I'd rather look at fit models, than a fat guy in a red suit with a beard, but maybe that's just me.
-----------
On-Topic - I heard that Pitch Black is a limited thing, until Halloween, so I sure hope I get a chance to try it before it's gone ;_;.

PS: www.dictionary.com, make friends with it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom