More Dragonball Z: Zenkai Battle Royale

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've have been siting on my ass watching these videos instead of doing work but damn I wish I could play this. This looks more fun than all the US DBZ games we have got for PS3/360. Honestly the closest cousin to this is ESF actually. The space is is wider, almost everything is real time so no trite cutscenes/animations, the multiplayer looks sick, and it just looks more freeform, which Namco Bandai arcade action fighters are known for.

[video=youtube_share;aVVhcZIduY8]http://youtu.be/aVVhcZIduY8?t=1m30s[/video]

Epic spirit bomb at 3:00 here

[video=youtube;adJ-qhEZLF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adJ-qhEZLF4&feature=related[/video]

I'd take this over "Ultimate Tenkaichi" any day...Just too bad it's arcade only and only in Japan :(...I would love love love love a console port. TAKE MY MONEY NAMCO BANDAI.

Last edited:
Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ultimate tenkaichi looks like its combat system is gunna be really fun and similar to this

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just want someone to play who actually knows how to play, and not some first time player, who aimlessly runs around, and occasionally accidentally does a special attack.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was hoping for that, but all I see from the videos are a bunch of cinematic attacks. Sure they look cool the first couple times, but it's all fluff and flash and little to no content. Having the action stop to play a cutscene and press a button to make choice (Quicktime Events) looks like it's going to get old fast and it looks even more restricting than the other Tenkaichis.

It looks like one big Dragon Rush from Budokai 3.

Zenkai Battle Royale looks very free form. There are still pre-canned combos but they look more loosely executed allowing for fluid organic combat.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai 3, Infinite World, and Burst Limit are the only DBZ games I can play anymore. Hopefully this game changes that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And guessing what your opponent's button press can only take you so far as well. Ever heard the term "Graphics don't make gameplay"? Ultimate Tenkaichi looks exactly that, all pretty ****, and hardly any fun gameplay. I fire a kameha from across the map, my opponent gets two button choices, if he guesses wrong he gets the blast head-on. Seems stupid as **** to me. Granted I'll rent the game to test it out, but I am not going to buy it whatsoever. Modern Warfare 3 honestly looks more fun.

Also, for your point on "Button Bashing" I'd love to have a 1v1 on Raging Blast 2 with you....and even that game was really lacking.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol I'm a 2800 wow arena player and that's pure button bashing. I said I like the looks of the game, not meaning simply eye candy.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No offense, but are you stupid? :| You're comparing WoW to Dragon ball z games.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im just stating since im better than you at any game, id crush you. In other words goodluck.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Button Mashing is playing Eddie Gordo in Tekken or Maxi in Soul Caliber.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Button Mashing is playing Eddie Gordo in Tekken or Maxi in Soul Caliber.
I would also like to add god of war kratos. Also games like mortal kombat people bash buttons all day or use the same move all day, this was my initial point of button bashin. MC online PISSES me off, about 90% play noob and spam 1 move.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would also like to add god of war kratos. Also games like mortal kombat people bash buttons all day or use the same move all day, this was my initial point of button bashin. MC online PISSES me off, about 90% play noob and spam 1 move.
Button mashing is hitting Random buttons.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Button mashing is hitting Random buttons.
Lol ive seen people play any fighting game and have no clue as to how they did what they did. Anyone can button bash a fighting game and beat campaign.

in other words, know how 2 block and smash buttons and you win.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol ive seen people play any fighting game and have no clue as to how they did what they did. Anyone can button bash a fighting game and beat campaign.

in other words, know how 2 block and smash buttons and you win.
There is a very deep fighting game community for almost every fighter out there that would vehemently disagree with you on that. Button mashers can sometimes get over on amateur players because they do not know how to over come the randomness, but give them a seasoned opponent and no amount of random blocking and mashing will let them win, but those games are designed with depth and skill in mind, which I do not think is the goal in Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Best answers
to me it kinda has a similar look to zeq2 lite......i think thats the name of it:confused:

Best answers
wow, this game would have to be the most 'ultimate' dbz game out to current date.
4v4 battles along with open destructible terrain. zenkai is future lol
[video=youtube;Q4X96Za2jLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4X96Za2jLI&feature=related[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't even see the point of watching videos for this game anymore, if it's not coming to America, or consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom