Monitor problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright. Sometime last year, my monitor got the habit of hysterically jumping up and down, and streching every time it cooled down. I'm talking about the picture, of course xD. Once it warms up the picture is normal, but that takes 15-20 minutes usually.I've tried everything, all my drivers are up to date, I even fixed some stuff that were configured incorrectly in the BIOS about my graphics card, but the damn thing is still jumping. Any suggestions about what I should do? 'Cause my warranty's long gone xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it does. Like I'd have enough money in this ****ty country for a TFT right now. Now that would be awesome. But as of now, I'm stuck with this damn CRT, so I wanna know if I can fix it in the near future.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Just put up with it for the time being, if the monitor suddenly stops working, take it around to a T.V repair place, CRT monitors are just a more advanced version of a CRT T.V and usually when I have had to get a CRT monitor repaired It only costs me at the most 30 bucks. (Australian). Which is far better than 170 bucks for a cheapy brand new 17" CRT monitor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...or then just buy samsung syncmaster for 20 € from place like eBay like i did :)

good refreshrates included.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just put up with it for the time being, if the monitor suddenly stops working, take it around to a T.V repair place, CRT monitors are just a more advanced version of a CRT T.V and usually when I have had to get a CRT monitor repaired It only costs me at the most 30 bucks. (Australian). Which is far better than 170 bucks for a cheapy brand new 17" CRT monitor.
Meh, I'm opening it tommorow so my dad'll take a look at it, he's real good with hardware and well, I'm not xD. So we'll see then.

Best answers
ERRRRR... be careful when opening CRT monitors. They still store energy even when unplugged. You can get electrocuted (as in die) if you're not careful. I strongly recommend not opening it and prodding around unless your father is extremely well versed in the makings of the monitor and/or an electrician.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Get a professional to look at it, He will either Fix it, or Fix it. And it is a small fee, plus if you open it and you do not know what your doing, You could ruin the monitor permanently - Or loose your life, as monitors store energy in capacitors for long periods of time, to get a steady energy flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom