Modelling Compeition 1 - Zero 26/06 - 16/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Modelling Competition 1 - Zero 26/06 - 16/07

Being one of the most beloved and recognized video game characters
in the Nintendo universe, Zero, with his cyber sword has seen quite some action in the past few years with his own releases for the Game Boy Advance and the new mega man games but yet, not many 3d
modellers have taken on the Robotic Revenger.

I propose a competition between the modellers on the board to model
and skin Zero. This can either be fun or for some a great learning experience
as since many will work on the same model, can give advice.

The DUE DATE will be The 16th of July

Davidskiwan and Mad_Axman will be judging models and skins.

RULES :
FINAL ENTRY MUST INCLUDE
-1 render of the model in a front, 45 degree, and side position.
-1 render of the model front, 45 degree, and side position wireframed.
-1 beauty render, with texture applied, and if you wish, an animated pose.
-1 jpg image of your texture (if you use more than one, thats fine. but you will be judged on your use of texture size and map space.)

Aslo to reply some posts. If you want I don't care what you add to him as long as it fits the `Zero` type theme. i.e : In the 2nd game boy advance game he wears a worn out cloth for a bit, add a cyber sword, battle damaged, etc, etc.

I also make a suggestion that we hold monthly modelling contests to keep everyone up to par on their skills. Who knows the next month I may start a thread for the Kokiri master sword wielding man himself.

MODERATOR IMPUT! READ NOW!

This is going to be the first unnoficial competition. once all entries are in, a public vote will be made by use of a poll.

REMEMBER WHEN VOTING!
it isnt just about your favorite one. its the person who has the best use of polygons. the best use of texture size, and the best use of texturing skills.
the beauty render is important to judge too, as it is another skill entirely to render something well.
also, do not mark someone down because they didnt put it into esf, or any other game for that matter. just because you dont get to play with it, doesnt mean its not good.

after the voting is complete (you will have 48 hours to vote). the winner will be declared.

The winner gets to choose the next topic of competition. this has no limits. it can be anything from a simple "make this character". to "make something using the following guidelines." all the way to "just make whatever you want, as long as you show the concept".

All contestants must post work in progress, this will help avoid people claiming rips and stuff like that.

just remember to have fun!

-AxMan

Best answers
You know it. I've been trying to take up more serious modelling rather then just little items all the time so this will give me an incentive to learn more about all the things required to make a model. Although I'll probably enjoy the animating part more >>.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i tried modeling zero.

gmax sucks and i am having "view" problems. its either oen or the other and its really imparing my editing ability, i can either view the "model" or view the ref, help me out onh ow to view both...

When i tried modeling him it looked like a potato penguin with horns.

Best answers
gmax sucks and i am having "view" problems. its either oen or the other and its really imparing my editing ability, i can either view the "model" or view the ref, help me out onh ow to view both...
http://www.maxhelp.com/content/tutorials/reference/reference.htm

Here's one of the better tutorials to learn how to setup references charts in Max. I'm not sure if gmax follows along the same path but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't being an important part of the modelling process.

(If I put the link in that'd be great, edited)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not?!? I got some time coming up. I'm down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am really bored, so im posting early:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how did you do it!!!!

i made an evil red potato.... and it took me hours....

*kicks gmax like a doh*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never liked that zero >_> the one in the megaman x series i think is the better one to model

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the x zero is so much of a badass though...

mm zero is styleized, also bad ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moving right along:

Modeling this guy is like revisiting my old megaman.exe model, So fun ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good for a wip, face could be sharper though, less round.

Best answers
Here's My Progress So far :
Rendered Using Skylight. Minor edits still to make before moving on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they all look good.
make sure you save the original.
I'd like one for warcraft 3.

wc3 has more capabilities, could use some transparency, some particle and ribbon emmiters, make him tight.

Best answers
This reminds me of why I started modelling. To make an mmorpg based off megaman battle networks. OMG, must complete my 8th grade dream. I'll take part of this competition to brush up on modelling.

Best answers
Well, I already started modeling him.. dam, now I have competition =P. Ill post my shots a few minutes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
cell shade it, i want some renders to make some sigs...
omg dude... ya got fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o_O nwayz till the 16th of July i wont have time i think :-\ ill try to get time :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll show you up with some shots of the red devil penguin potato with horns from hell / zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom