modeling question ?

Best answers
hi im new to modeling im working on my first model i have reached a point where i have to reduce the faces on my model and the csgirl guide im using at this point has 1300 faces and they saide thats too much for a half life model and my model has over 2000 but they dont mention how many i should reduce it to so my question is how many faces should a model use ?

Best answers
ScreenShot

here is a screenshot of my model if anyone can tell me if triangles are too high and how many I have to cut them down to coz I really dont want to remake this whole model it took me 2 whole days to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not a mod but mods dont like it when you double post.
<p>a suggestion: just simply edited your post

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a good hl model with little lag is about 1500 polys. a 2000 poly model can go into hl without a problem. Hell, a 5000 poly model can go into hl, just itll lag.

Best answers
thanks

CrackerJack said:
a good hl model with little lag is about 1500 polys. a 2000 poly model can go into hl without a problem. Hell, a 5000 poly model can go into hl, just itll lag.
thanks now i can finish it :) oh and I have seen some models that are coloured not skined can i do this in milkshape as i have never made a skin and i think i might do a bad job of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom