Modeling program

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can someone give me the exact link a free trial version of maya, gmax, 3dmax?? cause mine wont work, it asks for a serial #

cause i think milkshape is too hard

Best answers
you'll need to register at the link when it asks for a code for gmax

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but i got one prob. with the reg.. I reg. and then i get a Code.....wich dont worked -.-" Afterwards i reregistered and no mail with code came!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
cause i think milkshape is too hard
what are you talking about milkshape isnt hard its just a pain in the ass

you will find gmax harder and more complicated but less of a pain in the ass :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i meant its a pain in the ass, its annoying to find which vertice you want selected and duplicating is annoying as hell

btw, what is lightwave?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_< Dan16 do you ever read the stickies!?!?? All your answer's is in one sticky wich is really helpfull, I know what mostly every modeling program is now.

And Milkshape isn't free, Gmax is sopossed to ask for a serial #, it comes in your email.

Best answers
lightwave is another modelling program people use but i think you already found that in the stickies...good choice gmax ^^ and yeh you do get sent a free registration code for it.

Best answers
If you have a half-priced book store or something like it in your local area you might be able to find the Lightwave 7 book, Inside Lightwave [7] It includes a CD with a demo version of lightwave. There are many restrictions, like only allowing 200 polygons per model to be saved, however you can also find programs that allow the demo to save at higher. While I discourage it for commercial use, I have it on good standing that those involved in it's creation have no issue with people doing such a thing for purely educational reasons. Most of us use our first paycheck in the 3d world to buy programs anyways.

Maya offers a good, free demo, with less features, I believe, than the full version. Also, renders have a watermark in them, but you won't need that for game editing.

3d studio max created gmax just for games. It is not really more oriented for game modelling (lightwave is idea for that) but it is more oriented for game mechanics (texturing, animation, etc) than just about any other program out there.

However, if you find milkshape hard, you will find gmax much harder, and 3dsmax virtually impossible. Milkshape's interface was designed to mimic 3dsmax (which used to corner the game market since it was the easiest for the programming minded game designers to use. Nowadays the more artistic minded maya has replaced it)

I hope that helps, because I know the stickies don't give you quite the same sort of comparison and contrast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom