Modeling Competition 5- VOTE NOW!

Who do you think should win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need some poly limit otherwise there'll be no basis for comparison. Also there'd be no incentive to cut down on poly wastage and put them to better use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah you need clear guidelines but you can still make em wide though
like a minimum of 4k and a maximum of 5k
or maybe a competition where you HAVE to normal map your model, gives everyone a chance to learn it ;)

Best answers
That may be a good idea to you, but Im sure not everyone here would have a program that can normal map, let alone know how it works, that being said, I wouldn't go towards that area of needing to give your model a normal map, just make it a option if it is considered.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well unless you wanna live in the hl1 world for ever you're gonna have to learn advanced stuff like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normal Mapping is a feature for modern games, but it isn't a requirement.

Personally i'd like to see some high poly stuff (5k-6k) to counter-balance all the low-poly stuff. Anyway ultimately the decision is down to Broli and D-Boy though.

Best answers
i still say 5-6k is low, i wanna see models like dannys tank (20k) i think that would be a really nice change in for once just say model what ever u want no poly limit or something. Yes its a good idea to have a poly limit to get ppl in the flow of sticking to it but c'mon we sometimes wanna see over the top poly limits that make the model look sexy. I just think that more ppl would enter if u gave no poly limit and said they can model what they want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5-7k is normal count for models ingame... we should stick with 4-5k now ._. or jsut make a scen depend on something...like title= the Last chance" and then people make they´re own to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that oughta be hard to judge, there is no way you can compare a 4k model with a 20k model. 20k = LOTS more detail
so itll be pretty damn hard to judge if everyone just freestyles with no rules :/

Ravendust said:
Normal Mapping is a feature for modern games, but it isn't a requirement.
it is a feature indeed, though most game companys check if you have the ability to make high and low poly, and all sorts of maps. Dunno how many of you eventually want a job in the CG industry.

Best answers
I was just watching something and I thought of something I would personally enjoy for the next contest. Rendering a scene made completely of shapes and primitives with modifiers or transforms applied to them. Basically, you don't need to be really good at modeling *cough*me*cough*

But honestly, you can get some funky things from primitives and modifiers or shapes and modifiers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds boring and not really chalenging... :/
oh yeah.. is it really nessecary to wait so long ofr the next comp?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone even seen Broli or D-boy sincer the contest ended?

Best answers
I don't believe so. They're waiting out because they're afraid of the results of the poll :O

But anyway, I really think that a primitives/shapes + modifiers would be fun. It's kind of hard to make something come out nice. Like, try to make... uh... a nice looking forest with primitives. It's hard >_>

Best answers
YAY we won :p...Although I'm a little disappointed, because there were allot of awesome concepts made and very few have reached the entries. So congratulation to the guys that did make the entry!

Anyways seeing the winners have to pick the next challenge we decided to do other wise, duo some personal issues, and hand over the honours to someone else. So we decided to pick Sadner to run the next competition, seeing he basically had a lot of creative ideas, that we liked, making him a good candidate.<o>:p</o>

Best answers
broli said:
So we decided to pick Sadner to run the next competition, seeing he basically had a lot of creative ideas that we liked making him a good candidate.<o>:p</o>
ooh,nice.can't wait to know what the competition is about.btw,good job on the model/skin/poses,broli and D-boy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, i'll leave this open until Sadner creates the new competition thread.

Best answers
I better think of something good quickly before people start sending letters saying they'll cut my wrists in my sleep >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i will cut ur wrist in your sleep if you wont do my suggestion as the next competition <_<

j/k lol

nway i want to congratulate you and dboy again broli lol, and yeh.. do it quickly... <_< or nothing will happend here

Best answers
So whens the next one going up? anytime tonight, i've got sod all to do lol. I could do with a break from modeling the para model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom