Who do you think should win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Broli & D-boy, just because long coats + katana's equals sweet. Though the cap should have been a hat that those western guys wear. If they did that, it would be a million times cooler.

Don't really like Shady-D's, doesn't really look like a cool ninja (it is supposed to be a ninja?).

Gama: She just looks weird...

CM: Winner of originality award 2006!

So overall, Broli and D-boy's model is the best...
Quoted for truth. You can't have a guy with a long over coat, and a katana and not be cool. And CM's made me laugh my ass off. Model wise as in which looks coolest: Broli and D-boys. Deffinately. If that wasn't there then CM.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm doing a write in vote of Teknik, and please don't delete my reply to this thread again, thats very irritating.

Best answers
ma bad, i gueuss u can vote for tek if u want to, as long as u understand its not that forgot him, he just never turned in the model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the fact he completed the model before everyone else and rigged it counts as him "handing it in"

my vote goes to tek too, sorry broli and d-boy, i just think tek's texture work was superior D:

Best answers
HE TOLD ME HIMSELF! he fell asleep before he turned in his model so he isnt qualified, i told him last chance but he's a fair sport, thats the jist of wat happened any way, and if he did i woulda voted for him too ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broli and D-Boy's, because its complete....[ and it has more than 2 triangles in it ]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a vote! i can die happy now :)

ty CM

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
Broli and D-Boy's, because its complete....[ and it has more than 2 triangles in it ]
Hey, low-poly modeling is in nowadays.

Best answers
my vote goes to dboy and broly, its the best work i see here . the concept is awsome =] just wait till a game company will's to buy this model from you =].Again ,congratulations for the creators

Best answers
Tek's entry was pretty badass, altho Id have liked to see it finished at 3k polies

I just really like the way the arms were done on broli and dboys model. [hence why it gets my vote]

didnt really care for the rest of the model

Tek did a great job for 600 polies tho.. gotta give him credit there

Best answers
tek also had a badass concept and low poly smecksiness ^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
tek also had a badass concept and low poly smecksiness ^_^
It's sexyness... lol....

Oh, I have a question, Why do we need a reason to vote, can't we justvote for someone we want to?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. This is to prevent some contestants to ask their friends to singup on the forums with the sole reason to vote for them.
It's also to keep people who know little to nothing about modelling out of the voting pool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i gues we got a winner... gratz Broli :) Lwo ftw!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well 3rd place, works for me ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im going at this aim style, (im usually alot more blunt with comments and crits on aol then on the forums) since this was a competition and all, there HAS to be a definitive winner

broli and dboys will get my vote simply because it seems to be the only truly finalized peice, the skin was very well done and the mesh wasnt bad either.

though i personally wouldve taken a second shot at the jacket skin if it had been my work

shadys, well....... fission mailed. sorry i cant be any more descriptive, the character concept and design is just so plain. the meshflow is also EXTREMELY sloppy >_>

gama's is more or less a half-assed attempt at following the joan of arc tutorial. not saying thats BAD but his character design doesnt really add much to the bare concept used in said tutorial. wouldve earned alot more points from me if it added more to the original concept

i apologize if i hurt either of your feelings, (i even pulled some punches o_O) but those are the reasons why i did or didnt vote for said entries =P

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broli & D-Boy.

I'm no modeller, so no structure or skin comments from me, but I really like it. Everything really fits in and it's original to me.

shadyD

Gama

What can I say, it looks too much like Zabuza, so there's hardly any originality.

Gama.

I like it, but it needs a few adjustments to make it look better. In my opinion it should've looked more slutty.

CM

Quite the attempt... ^^

Conclusion. My vote goes for Broli and D-Boy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
What can I say, it looks too much like Zabuza, so there's hardly any originality.
I was wondering where I recognised him from. Rikimaru (from Tenchu 2) + Zabuza. IMO You should've added something to make him more original and unique, ShadyD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh i wasnt thinking of those 2 while making the concept
-inoue's attack fairy+vegetas eyes=isamu
oh well, im not quite the designer ya know :(
hopefully brolli & d-boy can think of a more original contest, no offence TRSS.
just modelling mid/pow-poly dbz/nzruto/bleach gets old

Best answers
Broli and D-Boy's because the mesh is pretty clean and the overall presentation of the piece is better.

Still for almost 3000 polygons and high res image maps you should be aiming to push out alot more detail / functionality.

Nice stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom