Model Of A Torso

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hiddenmist said:
this is my first model ever. lol i got it from a tutorial in esfworld

ok i kno its bad but can any of u guys help me make look better.

this is wat its sopposed to look like:
http://www.esf-world.com/tutorials/model/014.jpg

and this is wat i got
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/HiDDeNMisTNiN/Torso.jpg

any help :)
Well, the 'tutorial' you're using sucks. It doesn't look anything like a torso, soo... naturally, your model won't either. Find another tutorial... its usually not a good idea to model from a model unless the model is flawless.

ive only ever seen 1 flawless model.... my god it was sexy... ~ AxMan

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Well, the 'tutorial' you're using sucks. It doesn't look anything like a torso, soo... naturally, your model won't either. Find another tutorial... its usually not a good idea to model from a model unless the model is flawless.
You must be blind. That IS a torso. And I hope you know, that isn't 3dsmax. Just because someone doesn't use 3dsm/Maya/LW doesn't mean the model automaticly sucks.
And use smoothing groups.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play around with them

Best answers
lol i did i pressed all the numbers there and it did not make a change can ya recommend me a good tutoraial

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
You must be blind. That IS a torso. And I hope you know, that isn't 3dsmax. Just because someone doesn't use 3dsm/Maya/LW doesn't mean the model automaticly sucks.
And use smoothing groups.
K.. I am not blind. And 'just using smoothing groups' won't solve the problem. Like I said, you shouldn't model from a model unless it is flawless. I went myself and got a picture of a torso... I know it is only the front image, but it is a start.

http://www.storefixtures2000.com/images/male-torso-inset.jpg

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a completely different approach than what alot of people take, BUT it worked for me just fine.

follow NO tutorials, unless you get really stuck on something or are trying to learn a new technique, relying on tutorials to teach you everything in most cases will result in the exact same model being made again and again.

the best way to learn is by pure trial and error, if one thing doesnt work for you TRY ANOTHER. this is how i originally taught myself how to model in milkshape, and eventually max as well. though i work really really slow, due to having no set technique, (which is a bad side effect of learning this way =P) i find its better than nothing.

Best answers
i started with gir's(mad_axman's) tutorial and i dont make the same model everytime, thats probly cause i only half used the tut to learn the tools and kinda how to make the shape of stuff,but thats for max, your using milkshape arent you? PM me and ill tell u a little secret

Best answers
thx for ur help guys i really appreciate it. i only have 2 more questions.

how do i put the colors in the model and how can i make milkshape open esf models already made in my folder???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom