Mod problem? Steam

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey there,
Today i downloaded an old mod which i used to play.
A mod called Existence If people are wondering.
This is an very old mod and died before steam was even thought about.
The mod is based on the matrix,,, yarder...yarder...

The Problem:
Ok like I said I download the mod today, I install it, so far so good!
I load up the mod via steam (and shortcut) so i open options to set my controls, NOT one control "option" was under the control panel... I couldnt make/ create a server (would not get passed desktop, no error shown), I could not run single player properly (due to not having any controls)...Now my guess being the mod was purposely made for "Old" HL multiplayer source which no longer exists therefore not being converted.

Is there anyway atall I personally (or someone kindly) be able to convert this mod so it will load and run in steam?

(Finally managed to find a download of this mod just to find out it doesnt work...heh)

Thanks for your time.
J

Best answers
Or, you could just install it to your WON Half-life folder and use that. Currently, my nets dead =/ So I'm playing ESF with the old WON system because steam doesn't seem to work offline -_- Bastard steam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , if it was designed in won days , and died before steam , then maybe it's ment to be played on won , who knows thou , there could be a steam pack out there for it somewhere on this wild infomation super Highway

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if you can without having that mod's sourcecode.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strykor said:
Or, you could just install it to your WON Half-life folder and use that. Currently, my nets dead =/ So I'm playing ESF with the old WON system because steam doesn't seem to work offline -_- Bastard steam.
Thanks, this has helped and worked.
Its a shame WON are offline, have noone to play with...was such a good mod to tell the truth.

Thanks for the help :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its possible to fix that though. The same thing happened to esf 1.1 and someone released a pack which fixed it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor Existence. It was a really cool Matrix-type mod. But the team was getting so stupid; they wanted to move AWAY from the Matrix theme, I guess so that maybe Valve would get interested in an original idea or something. But I mean, wtf, that was the ENTIRE POINT OF THE MOD. It was like -half- of what made it good. The fewls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom