MMA Fighter No Match for Boxer?

Best answers
yeah i'd probably definitely give the edge to morrison in this fight but that really doesnt prove anything. morrison is close to a world class boxer, hes boxed world class people and now hes fighting 325 pound john stover.

i also forgot about a decent boxer that has competed in some MMA events, mostly PrideFc. his name is yosuke nishijima and i know he held a cruiserweight title in boxing at one point, i dont know which boxing organization it was for exactly but here's his MMA Record . not the greatest record, but he fought some decent guys though so you cant be too hard on him, jsut shows you cant be one dimensional. I also jsut found Nishijimas Boxing Record . 0-4 in MMA, 24-2 in boxing. people don't understand boxing is just one element of MMA, and you need more than just one to be successful in MMA. A lot of Nishijimas opponents in his boxing career have been trash too so you can't really say he's a good example of who would win, but hes the only one with success to transfer over so far.

i was just listening to beatdown radio on sherdog.com and they've got the guy who's about to fight tommy morrison. the guy's promoter told him that tommy gun passed his blood test and tested negative for HIV and josh gross(head editor of the site) had to tell him that this was not true. the guy was totally suprised and gross said it was disgusting if a promoter lied to him to get him to fight, and if this was the case that promoter should be arrested. dont really know what's true in this whole situation, but morrison might be still carrying the virus which isnt good.

Best answers
sorry for the double post, just wanted to bump the thread up to let people know this most likely wont be an MMA match between Stover and Morrison.

Skimmed over by all of the controversy surrounding the HIV testing is the fact that this bout is being promoted as Morrison?s mixed martial arts debut, but MMAWeekly sources indicate that the rules more closely resemble kickboxing than mixed martial arts.

Sources told MMAWeekly that Stover?s contract states in large, bold print that ?THIS IS A STRIKING MATCH ONLY, NO GROUND.? An integral part of mixed martial arts that separates it from both boxing and kickboxing is the aspect of the ground game being included. With takedowns and submissions (otherwise known as ?the ground?) removed from the rules, the bout can hardly be considered mixed martial arts.

When questioned about the rules of the bout McKinn stated, ?I don?t know anything about those contracts at all. I don?t know anything about MMA. I told Gino [Carlucci] that I?d never question MMA because I don?t really know anything about it.?

Worldwide Fighting Championship owner Gino Carlucci had not returned phone calls at the time of publication.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4111&zoneid=2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a joke. An hour before the fight, they turn it into straight up boxing? Those people should all just get their money back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a joke is right. They basically rigged the match for that guy. You'll know who's side the crowd will be on should he ever do a real MMA match.

Best answers
at first it was supposed to be an mma match, then it was changed to basically a glorified kickboxing match, then last minute it was changed to hand strikes only. morrison must be confident in his mma abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom