Metal Gear Rising:revengeance

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't understand why the movies themselves come into play when talking about the character, but whatever. This debate was had yesterday, and it was childish to bring it back up in a topic that has nothing to do with it.

I didn't say I don't care for the Metal Gear brand because of the game. I said I don't care about the game that changes the formula. Just like I love (for the most part) the FF series, but didn't care at all about the 'spin off'. I clearly said (I thought so anyway) that I would wait for Ground Zeores. It's an expectancy thing. If they called this game "Badass Ninja with a Sword".. and took all the Metal Gear stuff from it, I may have been able to get into it. However, when Metal Gear is in the title, I expect a set kind of product. Has been that way since I was about 10. This isn't giving me what I expect in a MG title, thus I don't care for it. Other people like the Raiden character, and because of that they'll love the game.. that's fantastic for them, hope they enjoy it. Me not being a fan of the character as well as expecting a set type of product, just couldn't care less.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Don't understand why the movies themselves come into play when talking about the character, but whatever. This debate was had yesterday, and it was childish to bring it back up in a topic that has nothing to do with it.
I haven't seen the other thread and was just making an aside comment.

Also calling an argument childish after you slip in a line about said topic...yea dude rock on.

🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I replied to your thought, then added what I thought about bringing it back up to begin with. There was no thread about it, it was discussed in the cb.

Way to ignore the rest of the post.. "yea dude rock on."

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The right post in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Any who, Rising isn't changing the formula. It isn't a stealth espionage game. It exists within the Metal Gear universe, obviously, and should be taken as The Adventures of Raiden. That isn't to say it doesn't supplement the ongoing narrative, because it clearly does. It's just from a different perspective from a character who's just a tad more capable physically. How do we know the formula hasn't changed? Because the next Metal Gear is back to basics with Big Boss. They know what their fans want, and they aren't going to reimagine the franchise on the off chance everyone is tired of sneaking around. If you can't enjoy Rising for what it is, an action game, its your loss. It's the only demo I've played in the last few years that actually makes me want the game, so whatever they're doing, they're doing it right and they're doing it well.

🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"I didn't say I don't care for the Metal Gear brand because of the game. I said I don't care about the game that changes the formula." You must have missed that too. It's quite clear my both my posts I'm well aware of the fact that this isn't a 'tactical espionage' game. I said I didn't care for the character of Raiden, haven't since the wool was pulled over our eyes for MGS2 as it left a foul taste.

As I also clearly said, twice now, I would wait for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.. because it uses the MG formula. So it's obvious I knew from the start of this discussion that the overall IP hasn't changed direction, however this venture into it has.

"It's the only demo I've played in the last few years that actually makes me want the game, so whatever they're doing, they're doing it right and they're doing it well."

You like it, as I said good for you. I hope you enjoy it. It's your opinion that they're doing it right and well, just as it's my opinion that it ventures to far from the MG formula to have the name MG in it, regardless as to if it expands on the universe or not. Call it "The Adventures of Raiden" if they must. There are plenty of books (as an example) that expand on the universe created by another without sharing the title.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I replied to your thought, then added what I thought about bringing it back up to begin with. There was no thread about it, it was discussed in the cb.

Way to ignore the rest of the post.. "yea dude rock on."
The rest of the post was just a continuation of your big dumb dogma dealing with game titles, Captain Zing. I assumed when you referred to a prior debate that it was in some big dumb thread.

Wow holy shit I kinda hate you can I have your credit card number or your social? I might find something there in those numbers that may change my mind. Just PM them to me plz im gay

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Loving the insults. Really showing the maturity here.

Also

"I assumed when you referred to a prior debate that it was in some big dumb thread." Why assume that my giving you information about the previous discussion was in some way.. an attack on you?

Also also

The rest of that post, were answer points to the points you made. I'm sorry, I didn't realize if my opinion or views didn't match those of your own, they were instantly dismissed.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I just gave you the honorary rank of Captain, show some gratitude.

Also I didn't assume it was an attack I was being an ass hole. If you keep up this insubordination you will lose your new rank. We can't have that, your troop depends on you.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
macdaddymario said:
Blah blah blah blah words purist bullshit blah blah
Alright. We get it. Since this conversation can't help but be about Mac's ego, I'll leave the thread with this:

Get over yourself. Seriously.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Zeo if you continue to address a Captain in such a way I'm going to have to put you in the Brig.

🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not the one attacking people for their views in this conversation.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558818
PC MASTER RACE AW YEAH/TIME TO LEAVE ALL CONSOLES BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND
[video=youtube;1jXfn4xeM5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jXfn4xeM5g[/video]
But seriously, really excited for this as I don't have a console, plus it just might let other mainline MGS titles make their way to PC <3
Phantom Pain on PC anyone?!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome. I was wondering what the heck happened to the PC version. Good find

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm I might just get it for PC. You guys will just love my sig after playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom