Metal Gear Rising:revengeance

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
demo is out today who played this awesome demo

and who knows the story

p.s this metal gear is not a tactial spionage action

this metal gear is a hack and slash game like devil may cry and ninja blade fused

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like this one all to much.
The whole game has changed.

And there is nothing better then the old classics :)
Not trying to go all Zeth on your ass, but it's not meant to be an old classic.
Don't confuse Metal Gear Solid with Metal Gear Rising.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're trademarking that, Viper. "Pulling a Zeth".

Anyway, I'll play the demo later today, but I don't even view it as a Metal Gear Solid game (as it isn't), so having *****ass Raiden arcading it up isn't a deal breaker for me. Just think of it as Raiden's Ninja Adventures or something. Personally, I just want to unlock Greyfox's suit and pretend I'm him the entire time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
buyers of the game gets grey fox suit for raiden and konami suit and mgs 4 suit nice :)

Best answers
Oh my, I totally forgot the demo came out today :eek: need to download it asap.

Anyways, judging from the videos I've seen (especially the boss fight one) it's looking rather good. Just might buy it :eek:

Best answers
I though the grey fox skin was only available to players who pre-ordered through gamestop in the US :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
the demo is way too short :D pretty damn good for a metal gear spin off - cant wait to play the full version!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yes u must pre order the game in amazon or gamestop to get 3 addicional suits wich includes grey ******* fox the demo is just tutorial and first well half of the first chapter

Best answers
Just finished the demo. Seems like I'm pre-ordering right now $_$

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's a 'Metal Gear' game. I seem to recall a game called 'Metal Gear' on the MSX2 some 25 years ago. It was a tactical espionage game then to. They changed the 'Metal Gear' formula to much for my taste. I'll just wait on Ground Zeroes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played the demo. Pretty awesome, but I'm definitely missing a dedicated key to rolling/evading. The L + X thing is a little too reactionary for me.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I finished the demo twice with different approaches, which is a lot by demo standards.
The Dead Space 3 demo, for example, is linear as ****.

Back to MGRR, cutting cyborgs up and the way you can recover lost HP make me want to pre-order.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It's a 'Metal Gear' game. I seem to recall a game called 'Metal Gear' on the MSX2 some 25 years ago. It was a tactical espionage game then to. They changed the 'Metal Gear' formula to much for my taste. I'll just wait on Ground Zeroes.
Regardless of what they named the game it's completely obvious it's a spin-off genre type. Metroid Other M was some shitty rail shooter but it didn't change the genre. Same with with FFVII Dirge of Cerberus. It was some half-assed DMC wannabe game but it still had "Final Fantasy" in the title. I can understand if the game just isn't your cup of tea, but if the name is the only thing that bugs you that's one of the spergiest reasons not to.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regardless of what they named the game it's completely obvious it's a spin-off genre type. Metroid Other M was some shitty rail shooter but it didn't change the genre. Same with with FFVII Dirge of Cerberus. It was some half-assed DMC wannabe game but it still had "Final Fantasy" in the title. I can understand if the game just isn't your cup of tea, but if the name is the only thing that bugs you that's one of the spergiest reasons not to.
Mac is the same guy who THINKS MICHAEL KEATON IS THE BEST BATMAN!!! WHAT?!

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Coming from the Bale fan. I didn't play that FF game either Eon, spin off or not. Just like I played RE4, thinking I was getting survival horror.. then haven't purchased an RE game since because they aren't Resident Evil games anymore. They changed the formula. Same case here. They changed the Metal Gear formula, thus I couldn't care less for it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Keaton was awful and Tim Burton's movies were awful. Christian Bale has an adorable Batman voice but at least the movies are a little better. Take my opinions with a grain of salt, I am of the opinion that Romero was/is the best Joker. Heath Ledger played a good villain but as the Joker it was kind of meh. Also the first Burton movie...that wasn't the Joker in there. That movie was Batman vs. Jack Nicholson (Jack owns, btw).

I can understand the RE4 thing, it was a drastic change, and they went with it. That's verbatim changing the formula. (although I loved RE4, the controls were a big step forward and it was pretty fun.) A spinoff game isn't necessarily re-inventing or changing the formula. Now if every Metal Gear game went this way, then yea sure that's changing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom