Melee Suggestion

Best answers
alright i know little about coding into games etc so feel free to disgregard this idea entirely if its impossible etc. with that out the way here is my idea.

i felt a mixture of the old melee system (of right clicking and smacking that m0ther down the the floor) and the advanced melee system (swoosh, smack, kick, swoosh swoosh kapow) would work rather well as i tend to enjoy sides of them both.

if it was the original form of melee where you charge at each other etc, and the usual smacking them to the floor/into the distance etc, only if the opponent landed a melee attack on you head on at the same moment you landed it on them, you went into advanced melee.

that way the game wouldn't go as slow and advanced melee would only be happening when you saw the opponent coming and were prepared for it etc. i felt it resembled the show quite accurately.

also just before going into advanced melee you could have a kind of powerlcash effect with both character's fists connecting or something...

anyway hope that was explained well enough, its just an idea and i don't know if its possible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not 100% sure on what you are suggesting. From the parts I understood it sounds like this is already in the game for the most part.

Best answers
alright i'll try again.
imagine the original melee of esf before they created advanced melee. where you right click the person and select them then left click to charge at them and all that stuff.

i'm saying have it like that
BUT

if you are charging at someone, and they charge at you and melee attack at the same time, you'd have a clash of fists kind of animation, THEN go into advanced melee like the most recent esf.

christ am i making sense to anyone!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Head-on features are already in.

Adv vs. Adv = Melee struggle
Simple vs. Adv = Knockback + prepunches
Simple vs. Simple = Double knockback

I don't think every single head-on should result in an advanced melee struggle though, if that's what you were suggesting.

Best answers
i know they are, but this way would work differently and i thought it resembled the show better. also the most recent esf melee system you can't charge at specific people the same way i meant (with the constant swoop effect and timing your melee attack at the right time etc). not to mention the simple v simple and simple v adv just don't have that same 'knockdown' effect. head-ons would only result in advanced melee if both players had timed their attack at the exact same time, rather than just flying at each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom