Melee questions and suggestions

Best answers
My suggestion/question is about blocking in melee. Right now its a bit of a slow down in gameplay with the blocking aspect of esf so far. I mean blocking makes u sit still waiting for a person to come hit u. Also people do lame things like for instance block insta hit or block insta adv melee.

So what im really asking is will blocking be changed. If its not already planned then my suggestion would be to add like sort of a strategic aspect too it like parrys dodges counters etc. I havent worked out specifics yet its just a thought that came to me as i was playing the other day. Ill see if i can maybe come up with somthing if something like that isnt already planned out that is

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i like your idea and agree with your thought about the current blocking, but u have to think of a way that this new block can work online, with details and stuff

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here is an idea for a new block.

Hold the block button. The Block stays up for 3 seconds max before it automaticly unblocks.

If you successfully block your player is knocked back as if they were hit.. except you recieve NO damage and your player doesn't TUMBLE back he instead Has his gaurd up until he recovers from the knock back. The only thing is you recover faster then normal so you could possibly catch your opponent off gaurd

The attacker could follow up a blocked hit with a 2nd attempt to hit. If it's success full the damage will be considerably less.

Best answers
Hmm well ive been thinking and i think ive come up wit a sort of rough idea of how this could work. Mostly everyone uses simple melee so im guessing instead of alyways pressing the rmb they just hold it i kno thats wut i do anyway. And it always feels like the hits do the same amount of damage each time. So i was thinking sort of like adv melee there could be 3 charge levels to a simple melee green, blue, and red. Each hit has its own little charge timer if you will but let me explain.

Take for instance a green hit. Itd be a quick punch like simple melee now but it does considerably less damage. Obviously there wouldnt be much of a charge here maybe like 1 second.

Then there would be a medium punch which is blue that does a little more damage then a green punch but also has a added knockback to go wit it and also would take 2-3 seconds to get a little more momentum behind ur punch.

Then there would be the third and final red punch that would do the most damage but also be alot harder to hit with and comes with a sort of stun/whiff penalty if missed since ur pretty much trying to charge all ur momentum into one punch. Obviously this hit would have a really long knockback but do not a large amount of damage but pretty much more then the other two hits.

It would kinda be a meter on the bottom right of the screen like budokai tenkaichi (when i think about it this idea is sort of where the thought came from :laff:) that would have from green to blue to red and would light up and let u know the charge level ur currently at. And of course if the stamina system is involved in melee then obviously each hit would take a certain amount of stamina for each type.

I think somthin like this would really make melee a bit more strategical in terms of styles and combos etc. Note this still doesnt take away what all the pro players do now with their double hits and roll combos + gen beams and all that but i think it would liven up gameplay a little letting u kno exactly wut type of power ur putting into ur punches.

Also its not doing a certain amount of damage based on what ur ki is. Some people just dont know how annoying it is for a certain player to have damage advantage becuase their PL is 150,000 more then the other players PL when they are both doing the same exact hit. Or if someone with a really high PL is doing 10 hp per hit because they were in the server longer while ur only doing 3-5 hp per hit.

Also players coul string together different types of combos if fast enough to pull em off. Someone could hit u with a 5 hit green combo which since their green would only do minimal damage so its not like youd lose 70 hp off of it. Or they could mix em up with different ones taking each hits knockback into account obviously.

So wut does this have to do with blocking? Well i was thinking with this blocking could get more strategical as well. Like if someone was coming head on to hit u with say a big red hit and u had no choice but to block then u can either try to time the hit and hit block orhold the block button and let him hit u. Depending on wut type of hit it is would result in a different affect.

Perfect blocks would parry the hit and give a chance for a counter depending on wut type of hit it was so if it was a green hit a chance for a counter hit would low, medium would be a bit higher, and a red would obviously leave the opponents wide open for say a red punch of ur own. Holding block would give some damage reduction depenind on the type of hit and would also still knock u back depending on the hit as well. Also all of these dodges and counters could still be used after initially getting hit the first time. This is where dodges come in. Say ur hit and flying backwards and the person is swooping at u for another hit if u perfectly block it you would either tele-dodge out of the way of the second hit or tele behind them jus as their about to hit u for a hit of ur own. Greens and blues would have u tele dodge away while a red would let u tele behind the person for a counter hit of ur own

There done. I kno its prolly asking alot and people will have their different views and opinions of it but i think it will change things up a bit and have to make "pros" not so deadly for a while in the next release making them have to use some sort of strategy rather then the whole 3hit +gen beam combo. Crits and comments are welcome also if there are any flaws u think you would see post em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom