Melee question...

Discord Member
Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanElitez

how can u be so sure? have u played every mod in existence related to dbz? im pretty sure u haven't
Obviously you dont know what the hell you are talking about. I doubt you've seen the meele vids let alone are part of the beta testing. So do us a favor. untill you know what you are talking about, shut the hell up.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanElitez

how can u be so sure? have u played every mod in existence related to dbz? im pretty sure u haven't
listen

he's a beta tester

he plays it like everyday :p

he knows it is easy because he does it like everyday :D

It doesn't mean that esf cant do something becaus ethe other mods cant, that's what makes the team unique

Best answers
it obviously does someting other mods cant do liek flying for example. u dont see ppl in sven Co-op or Metal Gear Vipers Pit flying. i was just saying I (the keyword being I) dont think that a 3rd person melee cobat systerm will be that easy to control. its an opninon i didn't want to start a war with the whole forum about a small topic liek this..............:\ The only easy to control melee system for a dbz mod i've seen yet was a mod for jedi knight 2

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*

Ok, clearly you didn't read my above post.
So I'll make a few new statements.

The bottom line is that HL didn't need a good melee system because it was primarily a shooter game (like most of the mods you mentioned). Now, regarding JKII, its engine is based on the Q3TA engine. HL is mostly based on the Q2 engine but it has been heavily modified since its inception. Even the original JK had a good melee system for its day and that was based on the old skool Q1 engine.

So, whats my point?

My point is that just because HL didn't originally have a good melee system in the original game, doesn't mean it isn't possible to make a good, easy to operate melee system. The bottom line is what kind of effort a team is willing to put into it. Basically, it comes down to animations and code. What this means is that most other mods don't make a good melee system because it takes a LOT of extra effort because it requires a high number of extra animations than just say animated sprites for gun blasts.

As for how easy to operate it it is, I'm not a tester, but from what I've seen, it's lock on and if you're in range, ya drill 'em. There's also apparently sawtting ki blasts.

If that kind of thing is too complicated and hard to work... uh, you're a gamer why?

So to conclude, as far as melee in any game is concerned, it comes down to animations, code, and effort.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
*sigh*

Ok, clearly you didn't read my above post.
So I'll make a few new statements.

The bottom line is that HL didn't need a good melee system because it was primarily a shooter game (like most of the mods you mentioned). Now, regarding JKII, its engine is based on the Q3TA engine. HL is mostly based on the Q2 engine but it has been heavily modified since its inception. Even the original JK had a good melee system for its day and that was based on the old skool Q1 engine.

So, whats my point?

My point is that just because HL didn't originally have a good melee system in the original game, doesn't mean it isn't possible to make a good, easy to operate melee system. The bottom line is what kind of effort a team is willing to put into it. Basically, it comes down to animations and code. What this means is that most other mods don't make a good melee system because it takes a LOT of extra effort because it requires a high number of extra animations than just say animated sprites for gun blasts.

As for how easy to operate it it is, I'm not a tester, but from what I've seen, it's lock on and if you're in range, ya drill 'em. There's also apparently sawtting ki blasts.

If that kind of thing is too complicated and hard to work... uh, you're a gamer why?

So to conclude, as far as melee in any game is concerned, it comes down to animations, code, and effort.

-Karrde-
u musta put a lot of effort into writing such a nicely said ummm reply/ post/ thing. Well to prevent the whole forum form hating me:D i'll just say.... we'll see wen the beta comes out ;)

Best answers
Don't worry. The melee will r0x0rs your s0x0rs. It was made by PcJoe & HarSens. To rawsome coders. And how the bloody hell did you get 146 posts in less than 1 month?! But ya melee is gonna be awesome don't worry about it. I know Hibiki & some others released another melee videio a while ago but it was really laggy....

Best answers
I hope joe and harsens live up to their reps on this lock system. It was obviuos that a lock system was the way to go, but what prevents somone from using the lock system to fry you with a ki blast? Is the lock disabled at long range?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that it only works with melee.
Probably works like holding a button engages locking, releasing it causes the attack.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I wonder if melee attacks are going to be a "weopon" like in alpha? If so then the lock on would probly only work while you had that "weopon" selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom