Melee idea

Best answers
I was thinking of this....

If a player switches between punches and kicks, it would increase the randomness by 5%, and only for the starting move. The following moves won't have the 5% bonus.

Now I'll go through a real case scenario :

- Player prepunches
- Player combos 3 punches (No bonus)
- Players switches to kick , initial kick inputted (Added 5% random bonus added)
- Player follows with 2 more kicks (No bonus)

So the only way to maintain the bonus is to constantly switch between punching and kicking, something that isn't easy. Not only that, but you'll have to sacrafice your combos as well.

Any critiques on this idea?

Best answers
about this idea, IT SUX.
swithing between punch and kick would be stupid course.
if normal : people would have time.
in combo : you dont have enough time to change to punch - kick all the time.

Best answers
i can switch from punches and kicks at ease.. if you cant, then you should stick to 1.1. I like this idea. It adds more depth and skill to the system.

Best answers
The idea is not bad. I guess that you should be rewarded somehow when changing from punch to kick as it needs some skill to perform it.
Maybe with randomness like you said or I suggest that you should see if your opponent is using punches or kicks and you take a bit of damage or another penalty when not matching the apropriate hit.
I think we all agree that melee should be more difficult, although it will be faster in the future. The system should give the masters an edge over the skilled.

I also think (off-topic) that the combos of the characters should differ a lot from each other so you just know the ones of your fav chars and cannot react that easiliy to the basic combos. I'm sure that this will be in the game in the future.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would it be difficult to hold down right click thereby switching to kicks? Kicks are slower than punches just by the laws of inertia and they're slower to charge in 1.2, so why would they get a bonus to random? The idea isn't very clear to me.

Best answers
Maybe I should think about changing my mouse. Maybe the reason I'm not able to switch between them easily.

As for why....well, what exactly is the purpose of changing between punching and kicking if it were all the same? Just to add something a little more to it other than 'just for looks' unless of course, switching to kicks does change something in melee :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom