melee feeling fat?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just something i've noticed in 1.1.. stuff happens slower.. hitboxes feel... smaller..

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couple things...
1) Sound changes makes it feel.. odd
2) You dont get the "clunk" sound when the melee attack fails
3) Different type of hit detection, it was "suppose to" make it easier to hit people.

Best answers
I find myself awkwardly running into people and coming to a complete stop in melee now. I suppose I'll have to become more precise. Were these changes listed in the list of changes? Why make changes to the melee if it was all going to be completely worked over anyhow.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Halorin
I find myself awkwardly running into people and coming to a complete stop in melee now. I suppose I'll have to become more precise. Were these changes listed in the list of changes? Why make changes to the melee if it was all going to be completely worked over anyhow.
I made very few changes, things I thought were "good" changes. I would have done a lot more if the new melee system wasnt around the corner.

Best answers
I suggest you go back to the old way of hit detection. I also suggest that something change about the head on collision. I've already ran into two people hanging back with full ki bars lining up head ons. That's worse than it being ping based in my opinion. Also.. The map bugs haven't been fixed with blowing yourself up on walls and floors. I guess that got brushed off while Goku got more moves? I thought 1.1 was going to be more of a bug fix, but I see very few bugs fixed. I even got instantly block countered once. Drunken ESF..

Best answers
Well I am greatfull for everything in 1.1 but melee im sorry to say is just messed up now, it promotes people to sit back charging thier ki then swoop at the last second (they automatically win) there is almost no point in dodging then atacking anymore cuz if u tele ur already at a loss of ki compared to the other person, all they have to do is turn around and bam ur flying across the map.

Everything seems to be running slower as well, frames are worse, large explosions are lagging servers, ect.

I dont want to sound like an ungreatful jerk, but im some one disapointed to what happened to melee in this game.

Best answers
wow its nice to point it out and all but... can u ppl stop whining about it... i suck at melee now that they changed it but i dont see why it makes a difference.... in 1.2 there gonna change it completely anyways...so just sit tight and play with some of the new stuff that got added in... and maybe next time u ppl wont whine to them to rush out the next update cause if u ppl were patient most likely none of this would happen....

Best answers
Originally posted by MR GUMP!!
Well it promotes people to sit back charging thier ki then swoop at the last second (they automatically win) there is almost no point in dodging then atacking anymore cuz if u tele ur already at a loss of ki compared to the other person,
Is he being serious, does it really happen ike that!? if he is then my god........

Someone please confirm this

Best answers
Arch you assume that me and Gump were the people wanting to rush the release of 1.1. I just don't see why integral features in melee were changed if they were all just going to be changed again anyway. That's like Counter-Strike with its releases. I guess I wasn't reading the fine print in the 1.1 update list. That's something to the effect of coming out with a brand of in-line skate, then after a while you come out with a new version, but change the alignment of the third wheel so when you turn, you fall flat on your face and when you ask why, the manufacturer said, it's supposed to be "good." You're supposed to have an easier time turning. Maybe it would have been easy if you started skating with that skate cold turkey, but if you're already used to something, why have the near unconcious manipulation of its system changed?

Best answers
is this seriously all in 1.1? i just uninstalled hl trying to clear some space, not knowing it would be realeased that night, im gonna go test this when i get home, im being odd and using my writing center computers for online stuff today, well for this period, gotta make this quick tho, gotta log off and get to lunch, im hungry. thx for info tho guys

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i used to always try and avoid head on collisions in 1.0, due to the latency factor. So, bascially all you have to do is avoid it again, only this time if you do fall into a collision you wont hear "omg...your a ping abuser" or "lame ping shots" or something similar

Best answers
Um, the melee has become so sluggish and unresponsive or severely lagged from beam explosions that it's a lot harder to avoid much of anything. Not that I don't do bad in free for all servers, but the level of precision has severely dropped for some reason. Turns just seems slowly, and turning up the sensitivity helps but not enough in my opinion. Angles have been given a lesser meaning due to what I suppose is when the mod depicts who has a certain amount of ki. Any skilled fighter won't always have a full bar of ki due to constant and planned movement, so all a newb has to sit is sit there and line up head ons, much like what a 0 pinger would do. This basically gives anyone the pseudo effect of running their own server, and that's not 'cool.' So you will hear something similar. In 1.0 I had the skill to beat a 0 pinger when I had a 110 ping. Sure I'll have to get used to 1.1, if I bother trying at all since there are still a good number of 1.0 servers, but my strategy will have to change almost entirely in order to compensate for my sporadic 10 frames per second.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
omg, like stated before, it is hardly ping decided, but at times, the person with lower ki can win, depends on distance and if the other person has actually initiated the attack, melee didn't lose anything, if you don't like this one, you must hate btea 1.0

it just feels weird because there are no sounds, in 1.0, there were those "sudden stops" as well, and like joe said, the clunk sound isn't here, I can't believe all this over sounds. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just give 1.1 time. People will find a way round it with time, that im sure about. And...i havent found melee has got sluggish at all really...

Best answers
I liked beta 1.0 exponentially better than 1.1. That is simply my opinion, not to put anyone down. Everything just seemed smoother. I'm sure the change in sound does add a lot of confusion to melee, but I think it has more to do with the fact that head ons are calculated by ki pool now and that the hit detection has changed. But oh well. I went back to 1.0 until there isn't a server to go to for it. I hope ESF 1.2's a step forward rather than an awkward stumble sideways.

Best answers
I am greatfull for everything but i am not the only one who agrees 1.1 melee is wierd... No its not the sound, i think it has to do with many different things all at once. Most likely i find it wierd because i became so use to 1.0 and now that a few things are different im thrown all out of wack.

I also find that after you tele your swoop does not acur instantaly any more... could just be me, but it just feels slow now.

Best answers
I am greatfull for everything but i am not the only one who agrees 1.1 melee is wierd... No its not the sound, i think it has to do with many different things all at once. Most likely i find it wierd because i became so use to 1.0 and now that a few things are different im thrown all out of wack.

I also find that after you tele your swoop does not acur instantaly any more... could just be me, but it just feels slow now.

And yes ssjmaster, if u sit ther charging and swoop head on at the person right before the hit you you win every time, cuz u have more ki... Why even dodge a swoop any more just sit there and charge then swoop hit them.

You know what i think would solve so much is to make it so when two people go head on, they just go flying back a bit unhurt. But hey joe knows what he is doing so im sure every thing in 1.2 will rock :D

Best answers
It feels sluggish because fps are crap now. I love/hate the new ki-based melee; it's good because it takes the randomness out, it's bad because it encourages "turtleing." Heh, Gump and Halorin you guys are both good enough you don't need to worry about losing melee in pubs, and if you are dueling, choose Freiza or Piccolo and zap em when they go all hermit on you. Trust me, there is a counter for pretty much everything in ESF, but there isn't one character with all the awnsers.

V'

Best answers
I've noticed that trying to kill a SSJ is harder then it was in 1.0.It seems to me like that people who go SSj actually are the people who are going to dominate. Poor krillin cant even trans anymore with this whole server average thing. As for melee, it does seem a bit sluggish and people are abusing the Ki pool system.Its a matter of patience now rather than skill,agressiveness , or confusion.

Best answers
Melee does seem a bit weird but I am sure we can get sued to it just like we did in 1.0
And also, Joe said that we would have an option ( when 1.2 comes along ) to change between this melee system, or the advance one, maybe something like mp_melee 0/1/2

0: Melee is disabled
1: Melee system is like the one in 1.1
2: New and advance melee system

This could be seen when clicking "view Info" before entering a server ( which I do now anyway seeing as those green dots lie to me sometimes )

Bleh, those are my thoughts and I do think we will get used to it:D

Later guyz

-------------------------------------------- |X|trem[3] :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom