Maybe a melee suggestion

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dunno yet HOW far the new melee system will go, but i think if this would be in, it would be more like in the shows, a bit more spectaculair:

After the auto punches, u have a choice.....trow or combo, if you chose for combo it would be nice if there would come a bar....what i call a fight bar(u can give it differnt names)
everytime u get attacked, or dodge this bar will lower, but after the combos if there is still something in the bar, the other player can do combos, so not that u have to fly, but that u can directly do combos...
Dont understand it??? ill make an example..

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
1.Player A swoops to Player B
2.Player A starts auto pucnhing
3.Player A choses for Combo's
4.Player A presses some combo's and Player B see's his Fight Bar lower
5.Player A is done with combo's, and player B still has some something left in his bar, so now he can fight back directly
6.Player B starts Combo's
7.Player A couldnt dodge a thing, so his Fight Bar is empty and he cant counter directly
8.Player B wins
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

This would give a much cooler effect, since it dodgeing and countering, and hoping to win the fight, offcourse, ur Fight Bar should drain fast so that the fight doesnt take to long but maybe like this

Player A can fight
Player B can fight
Player A can fight
Who is the winner?

The player who started the fight(so the player who swoops to the other player and starts auto punching) gets 1 more chance(he can fight 2 times, while player b can only counter one time), then after the 3 fights are done, the player with the highest Fight Bar will win, and the opposite player will lose and extra 10 HP for losing

Ok this might sound a bit confusing, and im sure some ppl would not like this idea *points at Netrep*, but i atleast tried to share my idea with all of u

Best answers
sounds kinda like the current idea for 1.2 melee... no?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, its exactly the same, but the advance melee doesnt have my fight bar suggestion as far as i know

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rely like the idea but what hapens if two players swoop into each other

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its crap... so ur saying the one that is attacked wins the melee struggle :/ no

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about this
boath of the characters gets a fight bar and if u block the hit it gos down les then if u get hit each of the characters have a number of attacks like in the original 1.2 melle
and the one whos fight bar ceashes zerro first looses

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ztimasta, dont flame me if u didnt read it, cuz if u readed it, u should know its not that the attacked player always wins, it depends on how much the players dodge and hit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't really get your suggestion ...
I also didn't really get the system joe is doing ... but

it's not such easy anymore to get the enemy without him getting you ... the new system will cause more headon-struggles than combos and throws ... cause all players can swoop in every direction ...
I often played with bots to look how exactly the system works ... (anydays I'll get it)

point: it's harder to get the enemy ... so you shouldn't be able to kick the *** of the guy who caught ya ... I thin khe should get his 5 punches/ kicks and then you should counter with less punches/ kicks ... that's in (anyhow) ... if I get the system I can tell you how it works

such an attack bar ... it would just be waste of time to code and test it ...
what's the length of this "attack bar" based ??? both should have same amount of time to combo the opponet ??? this would suck, because you get caught and it has the same effect as you caught him

MyStIc~ShAdOw said:
Ok this might sound a bit confusing, and im sure some ppl would not like this idea *points at Netrep*, but i atleast tried to share my idea with all of u
I am called NRETEP ....
don't mention me in such comments ... I'm just thinking in all suggestions and think in the disadvantages instead of the eye-candy thingy ... or the "it would be cool" ...
if you look the suggestions from every point, you'll see that most of them are really bad

to your suggestion: as I said ... I didn't really get it ... but I think joes version will be better :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it will practicly be the same just with an extra thing, but u might be right, we should wait till 1.2 is released

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom