Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Most of my friends are considering dropping the game based off this. They say it can only worsen the game, take away from it, or just be cheaped and tacked on. They also wonder why does every game these days basically have to have MP or it's not considered by major game studios. Surely it's because more money to be found, but christ..

They should have just made a separate game for this...like "Mass Effect: Spectre" or whatever.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Most of my friends are considering dropping the game based off this. They say it can only worsen the game, take away from it, or just be cheaped and tacked on. They also wonder why does every game these days basically have to have MP or it's not considered by major game studios. Surely it's because more money to be found, but christ..

They should have just made a separate game for this...like "Mass Effect: Spectre" or whatever.
Did you fully read the information in the link, or did you just remember what your friends said. I don't see anything in the new info that justifies the whining about the MP element being added. It was done by a seperate team on the side, drew no resources from the main team, and is completely optional. I don't get the hate.
Co-op only mp that offers a second perspective in the ME universe and helps each co-op player's individual Shep to gain some traction against the Reapers, ground that can be completely covered in Single Player if the player decides.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because people hate gimmicky stuff. It's like when they added MP to Dead Space 2. People were very angry bout that, even though it too, was done by an outside team. That's the way the net is.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should stop judging everything by what your Friends think Mkil. Even if DS2's MP was tacked on, the SP was unaffected. Since that part of the dichotomy seems unaffected, complaining about MP is unnecessary.

For ME2, my first priority will be, ofcourse, the single player. But if Coop is really done well, I can see it boosting the playability.

"Wait and See" for me.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should stop judging everything by what your Friends think Mkil. Even if DS2's MP was tacked on, the SP was unaffected. Since that part of the dichotomy seems unaffected, complaining about MP is unnecessary.

For ME2, my first priority will be, ofcourse, the single player. But if Coop is really done well, I can see it boosting the playability.

"Wait and See" for me.
Its been said you don't need to do Co-op to beat SP and get the optimal ending. So that will probably work out for you.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;vWaANoSZSzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWaANoSZSzE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Multiplayer Info.

I stopped quarter way through because THEY WERE SHOWING FRIGGIN SPOILERS! ;(

So if someone who doesn't mind spoilers can give me a summary of how the multiplayer works, that will be dandy.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWaANoSZSzE&feature=player_embedded

Multiplayer Info.

I stopped quarter way through because THEY WERE SHOWING FRIGGIN SPOILERS! ;(

So if someone who doesn't mind spoilers can give me a summary of how the multiplayer works, that will be dandy.
You and three buddies fight on the front line under an alliance officer who gives the orders. Its a horde mode of sorts, fighting Cerberus and Reaper forces. The goal is to secure certain areas, who are then free to release their war materiel to your cannon Shep in single player mode. The more war materiel, alliances, equipment and technology Shep gets before the final showdown with the reapers, the better your ending becomes. You don't have to play multiplayer to get the best ending, Shep can manage that with the right decisions and galactic readiness going into the fight alone.

So, your MP game helps your single player character. All four participants reap the rewards (c wut I did thar?) of the coop mode. But you can skip it entirely and still get the ending.

The co-op character is fully customizable, being of either gender and any major race and class. Mentioned specifically are Human, Asari, Turian, Salarian, Krogan, Drell at the very minimum. It is rumored to include Batarian and Quarian and Casey Hudson even teased that Elcor and Hanar were possible, never say never.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, ME3 is already on pre-order, so I guess Coop should be worth the shot.

Thanks for the run-through Cuc.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, ME3 is already on pre-order, so I guess Coop should be worth the shot.

Thanks for the run-through Cuc.
No problem! I have the DDE on pre-order, but I was thinking about changing up to the CE, having the nice tin and such is a little better than having the PDF version of the litho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom