Marvel Universe Online

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GameSpy said:
It wasn't too long ago when Marvel was suing Cryptic Studios for its MMO, City of Heroes. Now the two companies are working with Microsoft Game Studios to create Marvel Universe Online. Cryptic Studios will handle the development of this new MMO.

In a press release announcing this new title, David Maisel, executive vice president at Marvel Entertainment says, "We are proud to have a premiere developer such as Cryptic Studios who has had such incredible success in the online gaming world developing this game. Marvel, Microsoft and Cryptic are committed to creating the definitive interactive Marvel universe experience via this massive multiplayer online game."

Frank Pape, senior director of business development with Microsoft Game Studios reveals that both Xbox 360 gamers and PC gamers will be able to play together, saying, "The vision behind the alliance of Microsoft Game Studios, Cryptic Studios and Marvel is to expand the MMO genre and create an epic gaming experience exclusively for Xbox 360 and Windows Vista gamers to experience together online."

Marvel Universe Online is just one of many games announced today that doesn't have an official release date yet. Marvel says this new title will let players interact with "all their favorite Marvel characters, creatures, and villains."
Source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/marvel-mmo-project/735951p1.html

Discuss!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll definately enjoy the atmosphere, but will the gameplay stand-up?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kind of strange that Cryptic is working to make a competitor (successor?) to City of Heroes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Kind of strange that Cryptic is working to make a competitor (successor?) to City of Heroes.
Well it's either that or lose millions :p

Best answers
as a current player of CoV/CoH i ahve to say i'm excited, cryptic has done nothing but good things as far as i'm concerned, and if the marvel game looks good i may hust switch over. Although WAR might steal me away first :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom