Martial arts thread

Best answers
I have some questions for the advanced martial artists. I would like to know what the best exercise is for jumping high. not a normal jump but,....
I saw some little videos that i downd and those guys just jump over my head (i am a 1m88). I hope someone on the forum is good in wushu ( :yes: ) and wants to give me some hints for making me jump higher. thanks.

other cool stuff that has a connection with martial arts is always welcome! who knows, this could be a info thread for martial artists! ;)

Best answers
Well i use to take Tai Kwan Doe. But the success of me jumping high for me was...hmm i think mine was hereditary...plus later on i joined a jump roping club. Im successful for doing double unders with a breeze :laff: Tripple unders im somewhat decent at. But if you wanna get a high jump then do some jump roping. Thats something i know will make you jump. :yes:

Best answers
Im a black belt in ninjitsu i would rec that you do leg weights like squats they will improve your jumping alot. Thats the real secret of jumping high dont believe any of that other stuff cause the truth is it really doesnt work. Trust me thats comin from a three time world wide tournament winner

Best answers
o well i learned how to jump high with jump ropes etc. But weights is really good too. Forgot about weights aha.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try squats, weights, and repition of actual jumps. Don't forget to use your feet (pushing off from flat footed to the balls of your feet).

Repitition is the key.

KyoKusanagi

K
Ok - I did Tae Kwon Do for about 6 years, i also do Kenjutsu, Boxing, Kenpo Karate, some Aikido and a little bit of Southern Style Kung Fu. For martial arts i'd probably recomend excercises that would improve anarobic agility - in other words explosive power for instant energy which is exactly what jumping requires. So i'd agree with Cuc and say build up your muscles and do gym work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom