*Map* ESF_Buu

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gigirs its hard to notice the diffence ;) make them to be noticeable on spot, use different texture for different pieces, try using sss/specular/glow maps, this will increase the effect. Just explode it! Inspire yourself by other masterpieces/show, this will change your work :)

About my own ideas: @ esf devs - did you implement hacks that environment could support vertex animations? I have some ideas, hehehe..
We can only move verts by code. But the collisions get a bit messed up. So it was used as a distance effect on the Buu map. One of the errors from that is that you are standing next to a wall, but someone from half the map away sees you as going in and out of the wall as it is moving.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking really good Ramunas, can't wait to see what the inside looks like in Zbrush :D

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks Grega for explanations.
Keep waiting, Sean :p

Here is some progress - the retopologized stomach. Havent baked normals yet. Decided to finish inside first. Still have to fix cliffs and stuff to give the stomach feeling.

Hope you like it.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Here is my first pass with normals, no diffuse, only solid material colors. P.s. normals havent been in photoshop yet.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone got anything new :?
I laughed so hard, cuz that's is the very same question I ask every second day or so :-D

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
No updates for now :(. I will drop some fresh stuffeeh in here, just had exams to care of ;). Updatorzx soon, might be this evening or so.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That shit's too shiny to be inside of a body, yo.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the colour needs a bit more variation. The same texture all over the stomach is a bit meh

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ugly colour.. remake ?:D
New Edit- Merry Christmas, 5th Place ESF nice :X, why stalker 1 ... sux and Sins of the Prophets 2.// Dawn of the Reapers.. sux mod..

ESF the best :D and NNK .

Last edited:
Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
gigirs thats nice. Just reduce specular intensity a little bit and you should think of adding SSS map in, plus you might consider adding glow effects and reducing rendering tones to dark down by smudge bit and this will help to create more "inside" effect, rather then environment which is located "outside" where are many light sources. But overall, thats really sweet, I like the normals, I like the diffuse. Keep up the goooood work!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i'd be amazed if esf really could handle that quality ingame :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Nice good job How long are you already doing it?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom