low poly model

Best answers
It?s not a comeback. It?s just a little work.
I haven?t draw or model anything for 1.5 years, so don?t be too strict

Polycount in Quads: 512
Polycount in Triangles [Faces]: 984
Drawing time: ~15 min
Modeling time: ~5 hours? I can?t remember, it was very long >_<... too long

It?s my own charakter design and also my first to be exact :p
the hands were made purposely that big... oh well...
I haven?t make any head design yet...
I will maybe never finish it...
and please don?t expect much from me...

any head design or name ideas?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey hey Kresh, long time no seen.
Model looks nice and solid, reminds me of Tien a bit ^_^

I like it all, just scale down the hands, they look really big at the moment, unless it's mean to be this way.

Also, is there a specific reason for the legs being so spread out in the front view? =o just out of curiousity

Best answers
The hands were purposely made that big. I can?t remember why i decided to design them that big, maybe because i wanted something to look strange... I also don?t know why i spread the legs, i just drew the body and thought about modelling it because i got too much free time =P... I drew and model this spontaneously without any aim...

EDIT:
I have a ~700 poly (triangular polys) version of this

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it looks pretty good so far, pretty clean and nice low poly, I like the style. The legs are the only part with any real problems, that being the upper legs look a little too short and the lower legs too long, and they look slightly bowed from the knee down, this is because of the feet too though, scince they're horizontally flat it makes the legs look a bit weird. I'd at least decrease the distance between them while you're modeling, contrary to how i used to draw refs, they make the model awkward to judge the proportions and cause all sorts of problems in relation to the feet/legs. Upper body looks like it has no problems so far, only thing i can say is maybe the shoulders wont deform too well, adding a loop in there might help, depends if u think its worth the polies really.

Good to see you back here man ^_^ pitty you disappeared :(

Best answers
The thing is... i wanted him with strange proportions... That?s why the hands and the lower legs are that big. My idea was to create a DBZ/Super human - style charakter with bigger hands and feets / lower legs and smaller biceps. The head design shouldn?t be human. My idea for the head would be an animal - look or some vampire design... But designing a head is so complicated =(... I didn?t wanted the standard dbz-body or human-body proportions, they are getting too boring to draw or to model...

The shoulder?s aren?t animating that bad...

i just moved around some vertexes...

But trying to make originally and "other" proportions seems to be too much at my level... And that?s why it don?t look that well...
I haven?t draw or model anything for 1.5 years, it was very foolish of me to think that i could create an own character =P

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Screams* It's Kreshi, you are like the best modeller ever!.

Anyway good polycount, maybe a lizard-like head work well?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no no, dont think like that :O you can certainly make your own character D:

You're right about the shoulders, fact is, i didnt expect the loop to carry on all the way round, and when i first looked i thought the armpit was directly connected, if u get what i mean.

I know what you're saying about the proportions, but when exaggerating proportions you have to make it fit the character, and all the exaggerations need to follow some kinda rule, I think the upper body and the hands look great, the proportions work well, but when looking at the legs, it seems all you've done is stretch the lower legs, where as the the proportions of the arms are exaggerated with width too. What i'd do is make the upper thigh's a little thinner, and make the lower legs a little fatter, it might even look good to make the stomach a little thinner.

here's some examples of what i mean:
1st : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/Temp/monkeyking3.jpg the bottom left one is what i went for, his proportions work well, wanted power from the forearms and upper body and firm standing legs to make him look solid
2nd: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/Temp/monkeyking2.jpg the guy at the bottom doesnt work at all proportionwise, his whole upper body contradicts the lowerbody's style, and it was so bad i stopped drawing >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool man, maybe poop on a monkey head, shoalin monk style . Yeah.. Welcome back?

Oh cmon.. i post monkey head and DavidSkiWan beats me to it with his monkeyking

Best answers
Something like this?

I drew it before i saw ur drawings >_<...

Ur monkeys are fitting the concept of my idea well, but i will make him a bit more human, if you know what i mean =). His big hands will maybe get some inhuman mutant style (when i skin it).

the face should be cool, good looking and somehow have a "bad-guy" look. The head still should be inhuman. VERY HARD TO DO >_<.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats exactly what i was talking about, make it like that and it'll be a lot better ^_^

Best answers
huh... god is back yay!
*ahem*
well i rly like this... i hope you'll release it after finishing it^^

Best answers
Update:

+fixed (?) proportions
+saved some polys on his chest and butt.

I could flatten the wristband and belt to save more polys... should i do that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
du alte socke xD

nice but me bothers the shoulders.

Best answers
lol noch mehr deutsche....

*sry* i think the hands are too big....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've been here for always yop,

btw. noticed, the feet looks really... really. lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
feet look a bit short on the side view
but man..
1,5 year and you still havent lost your mojo

Best answers
UPDATE

For the face i stole some inspiration from this thing here:
http://blizzard.com/misc/e3/2004/wow/images/artwork/Undead-Warrior-Color-Sketch.jpg

I didn?t want to get the same thing, just the same look... if you know what i mean...

whatever, the skin is very very hight WIP, i just made some painting to let you know what i am intending to let it look like... [my english still sucks after 1.5 years
=P]

The Polycount is ~1400 triangles (it?s less than 1400)

I drew the refs for the head in 10 mins so they suck and i don?t want to show them here. But I fixed and changed a lot of proportions in max so it should be ok...

I just hope this zombie-face or whatever it is, fitts the body a little... I just was too bad at designing my own head, sorry guys =(...
so the copyright for the headdesign goes to wow...

Best answers
good polyflow. i likes quad modeling, due i think game companies go for triangles meshes more then quads.. dunno why though. and i know its just fan project- soild work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom