Low fps in condition zero...help?

Best answers
i tryed die hard fps with hltoolz but it dosent modify anything....dont think it works with cz.any way i can boost fps from the usuial 40 i get in aztec,60 on dust :(

EDIT:system= geforce 2 mx
1.4 ghz
512 ram
would get a new vid card if i could :(

Best answers
shouldnt this be in the help section? and also did you try some of the tweeks listed for ESF? it could help since its basicly the same game

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goten-son said:
shouldnt this be in the help section?

No. Help section is for esf help.

Also I suggest getting an ATI 9600 xt video card. It is a VERY good budget card. It will up your fps in any hl mod to a solid 100 with your system.

Best answers
Go with what Hsu said.

Or if you are patient and want realy quality video cards (and have the money to buy them) wait for an ATI X800 Pro card to pop out in stores.

On a side-note, I think CZ is teh suxxor. Don't discuss on this unless you make a new thread for it! It will just make the thread go off-topic, and die of lockage.

Best answers
Well you seem to have a good enough computer aside from the video card.

Have you tried closing any unecessary programs that are running in the backgound or in the taskbar?

If programs are hoggin your ram and cpu power, that can cause major problems running games.

If your using XP:

press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time to open the task manager.

Go through the Processes and close the ones XP lets you close.

If your using 98 or lower:

press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time to open the close program box.

Close all programs except for Explorer and Systray.

Close the task manager/close program box, run steam and play.

If you see no improvements, try different video card drivers. Try uninstalling some programs off your comp. If your hard-drive has a lot on it, it takes longer to find the sounds and stuff for CZ causing a drop in performance.

Best answers
Tsunami said:
Well you seem to have a good enough computer aside from the video card.

Have you tried closing any unecessary programs that are running in the backgound or in the taskbar?

If programs are hoggin your ram and cpu power, that can cause major problems running games.

If your using XP:

press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time to open the task manager.

Go through the Processes and close the ones XP lets you close.

If your using 98 or lower:

press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the same time to open the close program box.

Close all programs except for Explorer and Systray.

Close the task manager/close program box, run steam and play.

If you see no improvements, try different video card drivers. Try uninstalling some programs off your comp. If your hard-drive has a lot on it, it takes longer to find the sounds and stuff for CZ causing a drop in performance.
i tried this http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=44624 but people said its not a good thing to do so i reverted. that only allows 5 prosesses to run...

Best answers
Make sure you have the latest Forceware drivers. Anyway 40 FPS isn't all that bad, I would worry if it dropped below 30.

Best answers
Kurt said:
Killing non-critical processes is ok, but that tutorial went overboard. :p
-_-

im used to 100fps constent in cs...u dont know how bad 40 is until youv tried it

Best answers
I've had 100 before, and i can't tell a differance between 100 and 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom