Best answers
Also Mafia is nothing but story. Open world my butt

But yes agreement to the above. I still replay HL1 every now and then

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never played HL. I read the back story and went straight for HL2.

Also, just want to reiterate Freedom Fighters. I'm sure the action portion of it doesn't hold up these days, but the story was pretty good.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I still go back to Freedom Fighters every now and then just for how amazingly well it did squad combat. I still hope that one day they will make Freedom Fighters 2.

I haven't played it in a while but I think its gameplay would hold up pretty well. IO made some great games back in the day.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Only played the demo for that, was fun enough.

Zeo I hope your nuts shrivel off.

Also play Zelda games

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I hated Freedom Fighters; it took too many god damned headshots for people to die. It was just too simple for my liking.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you like plot driven games, give azuras wrath a shot.
It's not so much a game as it's a fifteen hour interactive movie.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think Deco has any consoles. So PC only.

I will be getting Asura's Wrath though. I need my Dbz fix in game form.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Darksiders was pretty good, mix of zelda/devilmaycry. and with Darksiders 2 coming out in June, might be worth a play through now.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Jedi Outcast is a good one, since everything else is recommended already. With the way the game plays, you really feel like you're swinging a bright blade of energy. Cool story too, as long as you can get past the first few levels where you only have a blaster.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahahah, suggesting a Star Wars game to Deco is like suggesting anime to Otakus.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Penumbra series, on top of Amnesia, if you haven't played them.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Beyond Good and Evil.

Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Yea I know its been mentioned half a dozen times already but Halflife by far is the game for plot.
You simply must play it, at least the first 20 minutes of it to experience the Resonance Cascade Scenario.
Halflife 2 then takes the story to new levels with some crazy twists. And of course there's Episodes 1 and 2.
But you owe it to yourself to play the original. I mean how could you play ESF without playing Halflife? How I ask you? ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Jedi Outcast is a good one, since everything else is recommended already. With the way the game plays, you really feel like you're swinging a bright blade of energy. Cool story too, as long as you can get past the first few levels where you only have a blaster.
Played it my frined, excellent design and excellent story, but I wish it had the verstality of jedi academy.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Penumbra series, on top of Amnesia, if you haven't played them.
This^^. The game rocked and this is coming from a gamer who hates adventure games with pointing and clicking involved! I got so involved and immersed and psychologically scared that I remember that at 1 point for a split second around the ending of the 2nd one when you have to find a certain room in a pretty big lab I got so scared that those monsters were coming for me in the dark and was feeling so paranoid that I had to go and crouch into a corner where there was a bit of light! In a game! I realised quick that this was stupid and it was only a game but that is how much the game got me involved! If you decide to play them try to collect all the notes and read through stuff as it gives you background stories so you get a better understanding of the events. Oh man the psychological horror was xcellent. They should make more horror games where you can't destroy the enemy. Alan Wake would've been good if I would've felt anything scary about the things coming after me but they were easily killed. After playing Penumbra I scare really hard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom