Looking for comments and ideas...

Best answers
If it's possible I think you should use the dust trail idea when your flying near the ground with beams too, so when a beam is shot parallel to the ground, causes dust or what not (the closer to the ground the more dust). Just an Idea...

Best answers
-The power up & charge dust should be small, because people power & charge so much in this game. Big dust effects should be saved for transformations and very (like 70%+) charged attacks (well, at least until I get Internet on cable :))
-It'd be cool if dust amounts could be dependant on people's PLs, so you could get a feel for how much power they have at a glance
-We shouldn't go nuts with the dust: not only can it cause lag, but always showing up makes it harder to sneak around low to the ground, or hide and charge: we have to think of how dust would change the dynamics of the game, not just the looks
-Having terrain be destroyed with the HL engine is almost impossible, unless you have big chunks removed at a time
-These new features sound like they will KICK!! :yes:

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
OK, my last idea wasn't so good so how about this one. I was wondering whether it would be possible to include weather effects. Maybe clouds and fog the players could hide in? I'm not sure but, would things like rain would be possible?

And if that would cause to much lag, would it be possible to have the sun passing over the sky, changing the map from day to night? Maybe half an hour for day and half an hour for night, it might be fun to spend half an hour sniping at your enemies from a dark spot, then have to change your tactics completely when the sun comes up. You might even be able to have a full moon come up every fourth night, turning all Saiya-Jins into Oozura.

Best answers
That sounds neat. I'm pretty sure rain can be done in the HL engine, and a foggy spot should be doable. I dunno whether one can have effects like the day/night though. Maybe a map could have timed triggers, which would add/remove ceilings or something? It would be neat though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of Day and Night and the Oozu that would be cool!
Im sure with the scale down they could implement it!
Keep the ideas coming cuz these are brilliant. Hopefully some will make there way into the game!

BrunO

Banned
Banned
Best answers
C'mon...the saiya-jin characters'll have enough power as is..dont let them increase it by another tenfold. If you wanna have the oozaru form in the game..just make it a game type. Everyone vs the Oozaru. Who.ever kills the oozaru would become the oozaru...it'd be great.

Anyway, to get back on topic...your stuff looks great. There'll be more eye candy with the game, now.

Why does it censor who.ever?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because it has h0e in it i guess.

Best answers
I read through all your ideas. Some sound good, others sound kinda odd. :)

But um, alot of those I have already thought of, and hope to put in once the particle system is in HL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great Minds Think Alike! ;)
Do you have to code the particle system? How long do ya think it will take to get all the cool eye candy in?

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah hl can have day and night cause one mod did this cant remember the name at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom