Looking for a good sync software

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm looking for a software which can sync specific files/directories to another part of my HDD. While keeping both intact, but only update the target, not the source. Anyone can recommend me a good free one?

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
robocopy has an option to mirror a directory tree - it's included with Windows 7 and possibly Vista by default. You could create a nice shortcut to it, so you don't have to work with the command line every time.

Human?
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sounds like he just wants to backup a folder with updates. Isn't there something called Google for that? Surely there must be a program that does this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sounds like he just wants to backup a folder with updates. Isn't there something called Google for that? Surely there must be a program that does this.
Please don't reply if you don't intend to reply something useful. I created this thread for people to share thoughts/opinions on a few sync programs that is recommended for me to use. You think I didn't use google yet? I don't wish to sound rude, but I'm not stupid either :).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I've never used Robocopy, but this looks like a legit way to copy stuff from one part of the disk to another.
This website describes robocopy quite well, and with such a script/batchfile, you can even make a scheduled task from it; http://www.microsoft.com/netherlands/artikelen/Techniek/robocopy.aspx

Is this syncing, as in, syncing every x minutes/hours/days or just manually syncing stuff ?

I have used TeraCopy in the past, which is quite fast. Teracioy also has shell integration, so you can just right-click->teracopy to anywhere you'd like.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Is this syncing, as in, syncing every x minutes/hours/days or just manually syncing stuff ?
Custom time set, preferred each 5 or 10min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom