Long Distance Relationships:

Best answers
First off I want to say that I am happier than ever just to have a girlfriend. wOOt!

Unfortunately I am in a very long distance relationship there are about 2040 miles between me and Brittaney :( Anyways just asking if anyone is or was in a long distance relationship. And if so how do they cope.

I would like to also mention that Canadian chicks rock to the core....attractive and intelligient plus there nothing like these snotty american *****es that plague my life. Go Canada wOOt!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehm... its not quite as far, but a few years ago i dated (my first girlfriend) a girl from holland (im from england) for 2 years. lived with her in holland for the last 6 months.

my advice...as harsh as it sounds.. is that if you cannot afford to meet up in the near future, or regularly afterward, then dont get into it. one visit every now and then wont cut it, and in fact once youve met a first time, if everything goes well. leaving to go home again is heart breaking.

it gets harder as you go on... especially where sex is involved... sorry to say but not just guys are bad at this, girls are too.. maartje cheated on me 3 times, with the same guy, and each time i was stupid enough to take her back... and she blamed it on me not being there when she wanted it, and alcohol :S

so.... sorry for the negativity, i believe long distance relationships can work out...but you REALLY gotta work hard, and be committed, and like i said. being able to see each other at least once a month is essential. or heck, can you even call her your girlfriend?

Best answers
Well I think I can call her my girlfriend because she's head over heels for me and she's seen me, and Tassadar can attest that thats saying a lot. I happen to find her very attractiive, but I like her personality the most we have so much in common, and as long as everything goes well Ill be going up there next may.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Wow...mines 2,000 away.. *sniff sniff* What part of Canada?

Best answers
well, as harsh as it is to say, gir is right

I just recently got out of a year and a half long distance relationship, and while the distance wasnt all of our problems, it caused some of itself

Just the fact that we didn't have a normal basis to start our relationship from was a huge problem, we met at my summer job, and the relationship was anything but normal there, we didnt have any common friends other than the ones from the summer, so when we visited it turned out to be nothing but sex and movies, again not healthy

I would advise that unless you have a relationship that has a firm foundation and background to it, dont bother, it is just not going to happen, you lead two seperate lives, and merging them isnt pretty

Best answers
well yeah gir is truely right..

yeah i have a girlfriend to, about 2min walkin, and 1min on the bike/car..
she live's 2 streets next to meh...its freakin relaxed :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please dont think were trying to tell you no to do this, and that you dont really feel love. because you may well do.. its not abnormal to feel affection for someone over the net. but were just trying to warn/prepare you for the hardships that are there... and they are amplified by the fact that ur not able to be together all the time.

a lot of the time. if you argue with your partner, the best way to fix it is to sit together, face to face, and talk about it (the face to face bit is HELLA important, because it means you can both read each others body language. something which cant be done over the net, even with a webcam). which is something ur not gonna be able to do. to top it off, if you get on great, but some tiny thing happens that upsets you in the tinyest bit. cos you have to leave and arent gonna be together. believe me that tiny thing gets bigger and bigger in your mind. it really sucks.

good luck tho. just be careful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Long distance is one thing. That there is extreme distance. Long distance relationships in my experience are very healthy so long as you can see each other relatively regularly--the reason being, both people keep their separate lives and you never become that ugly coupled up entity that is neither one nor the other. But at that distance things could be really tough. Being straight with you, dude--I can almost guarantee that it will become a heavy issue. If it doesn't...chances are it already has on one end and the commitment is being treated with indifference.

Go for it but tread carefully. Women carry monsters in their vaginas that can destroy the souls of innocent men.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah right man, I'd never trust a long distance relationship.. I wouldn't wanna have one either

I don't know, in my opinion, long distance relationships don't go good

Best answers
It's not easy. It can be fine, and it can work out well like any other relationship, but you definitly have to know what you're getting into, and it takes more to make sure it works.

Big question is, how long have you known her? For a long distance relationship, you have to make sure that there is a real foundation there, because an attraction won't always cut it, and you'll learn that quick. If you've known her for a little while, and you get along well and have a lot in common, it could be really good for you and i'd suggest going for it. Otherwise, you should really give it some careful thought, and make sure your feelings aren't just hope and hormones (not being offensive, just for your own good).

Best answers
Well thanks a lot guys... I know that it can work and you guys are all quite sceptical...the important thing is that we both have very deep feelings for each other...and are willing to wait....the biggest problem I see is waiting till me for me to see her...if we can make it till then we'll be just fine.

Once again thanks for all the opinions, of course most of them were the same but still, it's appreciated

I just hope it works out, being alone is way to hard :(

Best answers
Is it me ... or does everyone I know includeing me have a long distance relationship.

Anyone with a Girlfriend in the UK I'm willing to trade places with you if your in America , 2 problems solved at once.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being alone isn't hard. It is just difficult for weak people to do.

We're genetically designed with one purpose in mind, and that purpose is to screw and spread as much as possible. It's one of the only parts of our evolution that we don't have to change or adapt to--it just is what it is. So to be alone...one has to truly find some other way to fulfill themselves. And that's just about impossible. Just the nature of the beast.

As for your certainty...well I was certain a girl loved me on a number of occasions, and on each of them it went sour. Just be careful. The words are not always made of concrete thoughts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me and LadyRavenTrunks(as known on the forums) met Online in a game in XBox live 2 years ago. I lived in Texas and her in Mass. Now im in her living room at this moment, and ingaged after 2 years of long distance relationship.

This wasnt easy, i know how hard it can be being thousands of miles apart without ever being able to see or touch her. But i managed to hold out.

Best answers
Thank you Raven Trunks for the much needed encouragement. All I can do is hope that one day I will be sitting in our living room with a ring on her finger...I may be young but thats not gonna stop me from thinking about marriage.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just got outta one today, **** them, sorry but they are so damn hard, and they get irritating.... sorry but they arent easy unless u got a lot of money to go there nearly all the time. im lazy ¬_¬..... I dunno man, they get pretty good though sometimes, the times ur with em, u remember more, stuff like that.... dont listen to me, im a lil put off by the whole thing anyway... >< but do what you want cuz thats all that matters in the end.

Best answers
There is a difference between love and puppy love. It can be even harder to see if it's your first time. I know you might shrug my suggestions off since you know me, but I do know a little on this matter. If you truly believe that you are in love, and you truly believe that things could work out, even if there is a very small chance, then go for it.

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
There is a difference between love and puppy love. It can be even harder to see if it's your first time. I know you might shrug my suggestions off since you know me, but I do know a little on this matter. If you truly believe that you are in love, and you truly believe that things could work out, even if there is a very small chance, then go for it.

"It is better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all."
he's exactly right, both u and her have to think its gonna work completely

its up to you man, but imo its hard man you both really gotta be honest with each other or it wont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom