Best answers
im no woman o_O, i dont lie

Anyway, better get this loosing thing over:

:] good luck Evil trunks, hope u kick my ass in style

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek:

I actually almost forgot about this thingy. Good thing I remembered now. Anyways, here's my entry. Not sure if it'll be good enough, David's is looking pretty sweet. Good luck, man.

Here are my layers:

Also, the image of naota and the stock I used are from the same wallpaper. It can be found here. http://et.anime-overload.com/upload/flcl05_1024.jpg

Best answers
My vote goes to ET

Reasons:

ET: Your sig looks good it has somthing that I can see in it, like a musician and his notes and songs behide him and his instrument. The text is nicely placed and fits with the sig nicley. The color is well done and makes the sig calm and nice to look at

david: I dig most of your work, but im just not feeling this one. The colors I dont like, it looks like you tried a wavey flame effect but it didnt work out. I like the effects and the style its good and all but I am just not feeling it. The photo of gohan fits the color you used for the sig nicely, but the text stands out to much for me. The border is white and also stands out, red wouldve better choice imo maybe to fit the text a little bit.

ET:1
David:0

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My vote goes to Evil Trunks.

Reason: davidskiwan's sig is nice, very nice in fact. I like the BG color and the fact you used a very good quality version of that Gohan image. My dislikes are the white rectangles and the font(mainly the color), it's just doesn't seem like they fit into this kind of firey look this sig seems to have. The BG is great though, but I would have liked to see more effects etc, that would have made the sig flow a lot better.

If I was asked to explain why I chose ET's sig, with one word? I'd have to say, "complexity."

Evil Trunks took a nice looking rendition of FLCL, and placed a very eye pleasing BG behind it. I like the clustered brushing, it keeps my eyes wondering all over it. One thing I noticed, is how the far right side is a lot darker than the rest of the sig, a easily seen cut-off line to immediate right of Naota. It's not a big deal, just keeps the sig from really flowing.

Score:
Evil Trunks: 2
davidskiwan: 0

Lid

L
Let's just get it out of the way: my hatred of anime sigs holds no bounds. I really hate people using anime characters in sigs.

Now let's get to the meat of this dicsussion:

David
Back in 2001 this sig may have been seen as Godly, but this is 2004. We here in '04 have many different ideals to a sig, and your sig embodies many things behind the times. I will give kudos to the background and border but there are several things that definitely needed improvement. The font, aftershock, never EVER should be used in sigs. I find it to be one of the worst font available, and on your sig when you're going for a look of "cyberpunk neat" the font is tomato red and distracting. Adding to this is the Gohan image which has had seemingly no work done on it rather then to fill up an epty space. I will not deny that Gohan looks good on the sig, but it's just THERe, it's not there for a reason. Adding to this is the sig can be deconstructed to: border, background, font, stock image. There wasn't even any "trendwhorish" 2D art or any, seemingly, more work. This leaves the sig unfulfilled of it's full potential.

ET
I hate that font. I really truly hate that font. If there's one thing consistant in most of my sig criticisms is fonts, which nobody except a select few have managed to nail. The font on that sig is discoloured, seemingly "jagged" and does not appeal to the eye. The anime guy is also VERY distracting. I know he's supposed to be the focal point of the image but seriously look at him. He's the kind of guy you want to punch in the face for the sake of it. The kid also seems to have had no work done on him. He is also not appealing to the eye, and this brings me to both your biggest strength and greatest weakness: the background. This background is beautiful. I can see all the little effort of 2D art that isn't an overpowering 2D trendwhore. It's an ocean blue that appeals to the eye, and looks extremely nice, and here is where it all went wrong. The stock image and font do not match the background at all. They stick out like sore thumbs on a work of art. Maybe if you had gotten a better stock, added some other items, chosen a better font (and for the sake of it less emo quote) and generally put more effort into the fore then the back.

In conclusion I am obliged to vote for David. ET you could've so easily won my vote. That background is brilliant, but it fell to a common syndrome of "it needs more" when the more actually detracted from the sig. David won because his sig had at least a consistancy that I did not feel distracting, except the utterly horrible font.

David: 1
ET: 2

Retired
Best answers
Holy Hellz0rs

Both sigs are da pwnage.

David

I god damn love this sig. its pimpstatic. i never liked dbz bit man this sig its together so well it pwns. i love the colors and everything. it compliments the image very well. And on top of it the text is the ****, everyone who knows me knows i like some good text art and that is pimp.

only draw back? i would take out that white border you have going on and perhaps add a nice dark orange border.

Evil trunks

You sig is just as good the colors are great, however the image used to me looks pail, it doesn't look like it fits. don't get me wrong it looks good but doesn't fit. Aside from that the only other thing i don't like is the text. the text to me is simple all it shows is you picked a font, typed out what i wanted and that was it.

i would have loved the sig alot more if the text perhaps had some features to it and maybe some crispness to the image to try and blend it better into the bg.

My Vote for this one is David, Damn i love that sig

David : 2
ET : 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I vote for David

Reason

David I really liked your sig alot, it's got a nice cartoony type flow to it and the colors are all just right. The text is also very good and I really like it. But I do agree that you should take out the white border, other than that Im diggin it.

Et I didn't like that font eaither and the picture you used doesn't work or have a flow around the picture. It all just seems kinda poor quality. Also the reason the character doesn't fit is because he just seems to flat and just like cut out of a comic or something.

David: 3
ET: 2

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that's that. Congrats to David. See, I told you you shouldnt count yourself out too soon. It was a pleasure. :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YAY! Congrats david. That was a close one ^_^.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me win somethin? :O woah, thats not happened to me before..... :] thanks, and it was a good battle ET :D, close one

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats David. This was a close decision(two great sigs), preference obviously being the deciding factor.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. I appreciate that Hib. Maybe next time you be a judge, huh? :rolleyes:

And in commemoration of my defeat. New siggy! :p

And once again, congrats David and good luck in the subsequent rounds.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, i like ur sig alot >< its kinda depressing though :(... he looks like a lost child.... and ur right..... nothin really amazin ever happens :S, thank you again :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom