Listen the **** up.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This community ******* sucks. It's awful and has been swiftly going downhill during the recent months. Now, I'm sure most of you are thinking "OH BOY ANOTHER THREAD WHERE DAMAERA IS *****ING". Yes. Yes it ******* is. Shut the **** up and read on.

• Everyone ******* hates each other
In almost every single ******* thread in this community, someone is taking a shot at someone else. Almost everyone is guilty of this (myself included), and it's been getting real ******* old real fast. This community is dead enough, let's set our grudges aside and respect the rules and each other. We're all adults here, let's stop being ******* children. It's a bad impression towards people who are either returning or new when they see people being absolute jackasses towards everyone.

• People don't respect the ******* rules
In almost every ******* thread, there is either a post or chain of posts that break the rules. I know people (including myself) are taking advantage of the leniency of the moderators and rules, but let's ******* stop this. The rules are there for a reason, let's not leave an impression on the new and returning members that rules are actively broken and it's actually okay to participate in this ******* god awful shitty trend. I'm not saying don't spam or have fun with eachother, but don't bullshit in a thread and try to derail it because you either don't agree with it or just because you're trying to be hilarious.

• Rules aren't being enforced
I understand that this community is very inactive and we want to not punish people when it's unnecessary, but if there are going to be rules, they need to ******* be enforced. It's ridiculous how threads swiftly either turn into a shitfest with people being jackasses towards each other like that recent losing interest thread, or seeing something like a support thread turning into a "spiderman thread". Seriously guys? I'm not trying to get people purged, but let's stop this trend where we stop allowing these things until they get way out of hand.

• Forum Staff isn't active enough
I understand that you guys have lives, but one thing that would (hopefully) keep people in check is to simply be more active. The only active admins are Grega and Deverz. Where has Skyrider and the others been? I never see any of the moderators or super moderators post either.

• The bullshit thing where people freak the **** out and ***** when people ***** about ESF
There are two problems with this. The first one is over half the community being ******* jackasses while white-knighting the team. That's cool that you guys want to assert your dominance by saying you've been here longer and the newer members opinions don't mean shit, but be nicer about it. Just simply tell them to be patient in a nice way instead of being an ego-maniac about it.

The second problem is with people *****ing about the fact that there are actual threads like this. It's ******* annoying. I know. Don't contribute to the shitfest by *****ing about people *****ing. Just simply either ignore it and live on with life, or respond to them in a friendly way.

• This witch hunt against unvalidated users needs to ******* stop.
It greatly saddens me to see people ***** at people who help others just because they don't have a validated version of steam. It's a recent rule that has been getting enforced, but why? Who the **** cares? If the reasoning for this is that Valve might find out about it and attempt to shut ESF down, that's pretty ******* stupid. This already would have happened, and I guarantee that valve couldn't give two ****s about what goes on in our community. These are people who want to simply play the game, who cares if they're validated or unvalidated? They can find the answer to their problem within minutes, it's not like what's being enforced is actively preventing people from not playing the game. Yes, there are the few bad apples who complain about having to buy Half-Life and act like jackasses about it, but the forum staff can easily take care of it. Not everyone needs to jump in and call them out on being a ****.

Another issue about this is that a lot of people are misunderstood about supporting unvalidated users who request help. The rule is that you can't help people get ESF to work when they're not validated, but people jump on others when they help them with something as simple as swapping a model. Chill the **** out.

--

In conclusion, stop being ******* children with gigantic egos and respect each other and the rules. I'm not asking everyone to fully respect everyone and stop disliking others. However, people need to ******* stop letting these grudges get to their heads and simply act civil towards each other when they're attempting to discuss things with them or other people. I, just as everyone else, is guilty of at least one of the things I listed above. Let's not point fingers at everyone and not point out what they're guilty of and instead, simply grow the **** up.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't pay much attention to this stuff, has it really gotten that bad? And this will sound stupid but am I guilty of this as well in some manner D :
Perhaps having more mods will help? Someone like, um, Z Power maybe, or Sub? Just some random suggestions of the top of my head >>

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just shit that has been building up for quite a while.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who cares just ignore them

You really are a contradiction of yourself. It's bound to happen in old communities.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Z Power? No. No one with a pink name should have moderator ! Lol.

As for your topic Damaera I will only say that I agree 100% with your point regarding unvalidated users.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who cares just ignore them

You really are a contradiction of yourself. It's bound to happen in old communities.
I didn't intend to be a **** when I said that. What I said in your thread was basically a tl;dr version of what I said in here regarding the recent complaints about people questioning the team.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really doesn't get the point across when ********** is read through everything. If you're going to complain about these things then you should follow them yourself before complaining about it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd choose Skyrider, but to each his own.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really doesn't get the point across when ********** is read through everything. If you're going to complain about these things then you should follow them yourself before complaining about it.
I have no idea what the censored word you said was, but yes. I am being a hypocrite. I *****ed someone out this morning in that other thread where someone is complaining about ESF. With that being said, despite all that I have said and done, these are issues that needed to be addressed.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Posting my two cents on this piece!

I see what you are saying and where you are coming from, but I always think of it as a community of bros. I see you Damaera, as the black sheep of the forum, and you get a lot of shit. But, people still respect you, I still respect you...even when you can go on peoples nerves. I feel the same towards, for example, Shadi. He can go on and on about elitism and the game being too noob-friendly, and that it's not up to par. He can get on my nerves talking about the same thing again and again, but I still respect him and his opinion and we can still enjoy a nice chat about Fairy Tail and One Piece in their respective threads.

But you still have a good point in, it scares newcomers. It's an unwelcoming community here at the moment. It needs some polishing. And yes, the combination of rules not being fully enforced, even developers or moderators going out of hand and derailing threads for the lulz, and the lack of moderators is a worrying issue. But, then again, the community isn't really that big at the moment. And it will get better as soon as a strong surge of people join the community following the release of the game.

However, I strongly feel that something needs to be done on the rules of validation. Right now, it's far too excluding and people can't even ask simple questions. If what you say is true that people get bashed because helping others out, even though the question is not "illegal" then that's real sad imho.

Other than that, good post... just a wee bit overboard. I think a lot people feel the same, but nobody gives a shit because it's not "important" atm. However, it will be in the near future.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
1-3 is inevitable.

@4
I agree on quite a lot of points, and they don't choose new people to participate in the cleaning either. Kudos to Grega and Deverz who still obediently are cleaning; but come on.. more than 2 at least... you don't even have to kick the old.

5-6, I fully agree.

I understand why you do this; but where did the energy suddenly come from, Dam? I mean you've been quite a hypocrite as you yourself, mentioned. Why the forceful stop now? Although I like this thread, as I told Sub you're a comedian and definitely one of my favourite users on the forums.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea what the censored word you said was, but yes. I am being a hypocrite. I *****ed someone out this morning in that other thread where someone is complaining about ESF. With that being said, despite all that I have said and done, these are issues that needed to be addressed.
The *s were just multiple *s. Though I love all of the Admin we have, It's time we got some more active ones as well. I think the only people I see who have any time at all to admin on these forums anymore are Grega, Devers, Karrde, and Diebythesword. I haven't seen any other names really pop up to stop fights or anything like that anymore as of late. I would as well Nominate Z Power. He has an unbias view on everything. I'd give it to Sub too.

I'm not saying the other admin aren't doing their jobs properly, they just have other things to do that actually matter with their own lives.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thread moved to off-topic.
Now, you come in eh? (Seriously made me laugh my ass off)

I agree with DS though on Z or Sub being nominated. But only if there is a clear need for more mods/admins. Have to say also, that this was a smart move by Damaera, like I said before, we all knew of this to some extent. And by Dam putting it out there in public view, we all get reminded and thus can consciously or unconsciously make a difference in our behavior, for the better of course.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I don't think Sub wants it no matter how much you nominate him guys. I think a lot of people would do a decent job.

@Baaja

I didn't read your comment about me until now. Yeah sorry about my elitism, I guess I just cherish the game as it is atm too much and I really, really want these values again with more players; it'd be fantastic to see. I'm glad we manage to get along with different opinions ;)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is pretty much exactly what happens whenever I leave.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you have good points on all subjects.

No, this isn't a good way to go about it.

I agree, I myself have had to go into a thread and answer a simple question because people are being ****s about the authentication, and I barely post at all. I'm mostly ghosting, these days. And, if you notice, I am not validated either. I find it to be rather useless.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well Dam atleast you said it yourself, that you are contradicting yourself with this post. I will give you that!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Dam atleast you said it yourself, that you are contradicting yourself with this post. I will give you that!
I didn't contradict myself, I said I was being a hypocrite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom