Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh MY!!!

Best answers
I'm here to ask what the people here think of the whole furry movement and community (people dressing up like animals as an alternate lifestyle). I am an active member of a specific online community and I enjoy myself there a lot and it is very real to me. Also if any of you are furre's please state so, I am an Artic Wolf by the name of Postman wearing a blue shirt and trowsers with a USPS cap.

A wise man once said "The only unnatural sexual preference is to not have one."

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the Detroit Lions, Cinncinati Bengals, and Chicago Bears aren't doing that well in the NFL. II doubt any of them will make the playoffs.

I have no idea what you are talking about, so I figured I'd follow up your topic name, with something thast made sense.

Best answers
errrr ooookkkk i dont quite under stand is it hollowean or something?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, its not. mmm ok look at it this way. its just another social group, like jocks, or goths etc. as far as i am aware, furrie's are a social group who enjoy dressing as a particular animal which they feel they are naturally atuned to. our friend taurus here feels some sort of affinity with the arctic wolf (correct me if im wrong)

its just another lifestyle some people choose. they enjoy being animals...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who wants to see naked cats anyway? I hate all this furry stuff.

Best answers
i like werewolfs if thats what u mean

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
So are you saying you dress up as animals simply? or is it something strange and sexual? :eek:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Furries are scary. SomethingAwful makes fun of them all the time. They're sad people on obscure forums who post erotic fan-fiction about themselves "as an animal" and get off dressing up/pretending to be animals.

Lid

L
Taurus 2112 said:
I'm here to ask what the people here think of the whole furry movement and community (people dressing up like animals as an alternate lifestyle). I am an active member of a specific online community and I enjoy myself there a lot and it is very real to me. Also if any of you are furre's please state so, I am an Artic Wolf by the name of Postman wearing a blue shirt and trowsers with a USPS cap.

A wise man once said "The only unnatural sexual preference is to not have one."
Get off my internet. No really. I wish so much hatred on you. A wise man also said "I hate furries with all my little black heart." Pour gasoline on a skritch pile and light a match.

Best answers
I can't believe none of you people have heard of this. It's called cosplay. Crazy people that are hardcore into anime, and dress up as Sailor Moon or something stupid like that are participating in cosplay. Generally, the costumes end up looking utterly retarded, but people do it anyway. Furry cosplay, is... well crazy. People dress up as 'furries,' or cat/wolf/dog/anything-people. They too, also, generally end up looking retarded, but it happens nonetheless. Some people... unfortunatly, get off by seeing animated cat-people. Such people will go to hell, no doubt. God hates furries.
By reading my defintion, you obviously have my stance on it. It's stupid, and we can only hope that one day all furry artists will die of AIDs, because... I can only imagine the lack of condoms, as animals don't use them either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the following is taken from this website (searched on google)
http://www.vexen.co.uk/human/furry.html#3

Furry Lifestylers
The word furry can refer to a person, i.e. they are 'furry' or 'a furry'. Frequently abbreviated to 'furs'. Furry lifestyling is the label applied to people who behave in a Furry manner. A furry usually has an empathy for a particular animal or animals in general, and will either in RL (real life) or VR (virtual reality; on the net) exhibit characteristics of an animal. What this means can differ from person to person; from answering the phone with a "meaow" to full body paint and fake teeth.

The UK seems to have a higher furry population density than the rest of Europe, possibly due to the large body of student furs. A significant proportion of student furs are furry lifestylers, who tend to viewed as being quite hedonistic; some aspects are especially notorious, our parties, our friends. Being one of the smaller cultures, most UK Furs know of each other, on-line if not off.

Furry lifestyle & fashion
The inclusive, pansocietal nature of Furry groups means that all types are accepted. The more extravagant and confident Furrys anthropomorphise their entire appearance with body paint (see Bodypainting), depicting themselves as whatever animal they empathise with. Some Furry's wear full body fur suits, some wear collars. Furry lifestyling is about behaviour and artwork, not fashion, so it is only a subset of furs choose to decorate themselves in this way.

Furry behavior

"I speak in an unrestricted manner to animals - things like, aren't you just the cutest little kitty ... that kind of thing, which I wouldn't dream of doing to Humans. Then I realized I wish I could."

"Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland 1995, p177

There are many types of animal, many types of person and many types of furry. Some furry lifestylers are art fans who choose to wear a collar when with other furries. When furries get together many modes of behavior emerge. Most furries will think nothing if others sit in a big pile to watch a video, leading each other around on leashes, and grooming each other! It varies how much an individual fur engages in this behavior, there are timid furs as well.

Cuddly or non cuddly
Snuggling, hugging and grooming are not something all people are comfortable with, but in a furry environment those who find this behavior comforting are ensured that are in a safe environment.

It is a proven fact that petting/stroking animals is a relaxant; it makes people happy. Most people don't think to do similarly nice things to other human beings! Why not!

When Furs come to sleeping, the result is nothing but cute. The cuddly ones condense and end up in furpiles. Like cats or something - we live for attention from each other. Attention seeking is such a basic animal instinct, and when amongst friends there really is no need to suppress yourself. Throw a pile of duvets, pillows, bean bags and plushies in a room and sleep we will. Some say it's an insecurity thing. Of course it is, but so is getting married and leading a text-book life.

Silliness
It has to be said that most adults go through their lives suppressing themselves and acting out a laughable attempt to appear dominant, strong and successful; or just 'normal'.

Furry lifestyle get togethers and chat rooms are for many a place to express themselves in as a silly way as possible. Furry society is not based on how _mature_ you are but on how accepting, fun, silly or social you are.

Furry psychology
There is a very good text file originally written by 'Dr Pepper' (who is not a furry, funnily enough) to which there is a link at the bottom of this section, here are some quotes from it relating to 'furry lifestylers':

* 12. Furries have many different ways to relate to their furry personas. Some think of them as totally different beings who happen to live inside them. Others see them as simply minor variants of themselves. And still others see them as vehicles for normally suppressed aspects of their own personalities.
* 14. Fine. So what do furries do with their personas? They communicate through them. The definition of the persona determines how the furry will express themselves. This can be quite different from how the actual person does it. This may facilitate communication under circumstances in which the person would normally feel inhibited.
* 15. In fact it has been claimed that, despite the impression one might get about the persona as "putting on a mask," the use of the persona actually enables a person to be more genuinely themselves. That's because the persona has more freedom, not being subject to the stifling layers that social convention puts on us mere humans.
* 16. Long as we're getting free of social conventions, we might as well get to sex. Most furries are interested in the concept of sex between themselves as themselves, or themselves as their personas, with other such creatures. This differs from simple bestiality in that the partner is another mature sapient. So regardless of the species difference, it remains full participation sex between two people.
* 17. Dear me, did I say two? Two is another social convention. A lot (most?) furries like group sex.
* 18. In fact, social conventions seem to go down like dominos once one gets started. That may be why so many (most?) furries are bi.
* 19. Let us now pause while the straight and monogamous folks come out from wherever they just dived into for cover.
* 20. Ok, didn't mean to chase anyone off. The point is that wherever may be on the spectrum, from full fledged furriness to just a reader of "Panda Khan," there is a place in furrydom for you.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Lid & Tassadar..here's an official warning for flaming. As peculiar as a thing sounds , you may express your opinion, but please don't degrade other forum users anymore. :\
The thread has already shown what these things turned into..To prevent further flaming closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom