lil question

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the WAV entity properties, click the "Flags" tab. You should tick the box that says "Repeat" or something of the similiar.

As for the second bug, it is just a bug with ESF - a lot of people get it. It doesn't affect anything.

Best answers
play everywhere, small radius, medium radius, large radius, start silent, is NOT looped
that's in the flag... i don't see anything like repeat ... and i didn't select "is NOT looped"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have "is NOT looped" unchecked, then it should loop by itself. Try checking it then unchecking it. That is how I had my sounds loop in SnS_NorthHighway.

Best answers
you need to make the sound repeating else it wont even repeat and just play once

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nonsence, i made a lot of maps with music and they all repeated.
it's just in the entity, i think it's under playmode.(didn't do it in a while)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no "playmode"; I think you mean under properties, the "flags" tab.

Best answers
i have a big problemo... i can't compile because hammer dies not respond if i'm compiling my map... it's only 1 map .. but what's the problem? i need to know because i can't make any esf maps if i can't compile... please help me with that too
ps. i'm going to try "If you have "is NOT looped" unchecked, then it should loop by itself. Try checking it then unchecking it. That is how I had my sounds loop in SnS_NorthHighway" but that's another map
ps.2 : if you wanna know: i'm mapping my own house with underground icelevel{which i can't compile} and esf_zelda_kakariko{that's with the sound prob (later i'll show some wip )} and can somebody tell me the limits of hammer, like models etc. thnx:]
edit: oh yeah i forgot to tell.... once i tried to compile my pc's much s..l..o..w..e..r ;/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, go here < http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=27917 >. Find a tutorial I wrote ages ago called "Valve Hammer Overview - All You Need to Map!". Read through the beginning, and it lists out the programs you need. Download Nem's Batch Compiler. Then, scroll down to the part of the tutorial that explains compiling (section is called "Compiling"). Read through it, and it will explain a good bit. By the way, when it says "Bad compile", it means to only use those settings when you want to do a quick, non-final compile. The "Good compile" is for final-runs only because it takes a lot longer.

Lastly, if you want your computer to be not as slow during a compile, using Nem's Batch Compiler, there is an option to change the "Priority" of the compile (under "Shared" tab, if I remember correctly). Change that to low, so that your computer's memory is not used as much - leaving you free to surf the 'net without slowing you down.

Best answers
thnx man... i forgot to download that.. tomorrow i'll try or maybe later, site's in my favorites so i can't forget
so if i wanna compile a map i should use good compile and then go to "shared tab" and change it to low? if not i'll read it on that site :) thnx man :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are doing a final run, meaning eveything is done and they map is how you want it, then do a good compile. If you need to bug test and see how everything looks, do a bad compile. Good compiles take a lot longer than bad compiles, but you usually get bad FPS on bad compiles.

Best answers
so what should i do? is it easier to do the good compile ( i can wait ) i really don't care if i have to wait long and since i can surf the net without slowing down it's easier with that, because i i use hammer i can't do anything while compiling
and what's a fps ( sorry i always made maps and dunno names )
so what's the best thing to do? good or bad compile? ( i can wait so no hurry )

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FPS stands for Frames Per Second. If you have a low FPS, then the game will be choppy. If you want to just test out your map, do a bad compile. If you are going to give it to other people because you are done with it, then you should do a good compile.

Best answers
thnx for your help optional ... nem batch compiler works perfectly, i just compiled it and tomorrow i'm going to test it...
another question: how can i make something go up and down repeatly?... and something spinning repeatly? .... and can i make something spinning AND up and down repeatly?i'm going to make some old maps funnier instead of just a map you know:)

Best answers
Kurachi said:
thnx for your help optional ... nem batch compiler works perfectly, i just compiled it and tomorrow i'm going to test it...
another question: how can i make something go up and down repeatly?... and something spinning repeatly? .... and can i make something spinning AND up and down repeatly?i'm going to make some old maps funnier instead of just a map you know:)
You will need to use some enitities for those things. I don't know how, but I know the tutorials you can use. :)

To make something that go's up and down you can use the func_train. This tutorial will help you with that.

elevator

And to get things spinning, you can use the fan tutorial:

fans

Have fun with it!

greetz,

Mark

Best answers
thanks you guys.. now i have to play esf to test, but i think i have to reinstall it because if i use the arrow keys i use walk+turbo at same moment... if i did that i'll test all the things you said... thnx again:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom