• It should be legal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It schouldn't be legal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm, alcohol messes you up, but it is legal.
Marijauna has less severe side effects than Alcohol, but it is legal whereas marijauna isn't. I know people who get violent when drunk, I mean extremely violent. People get angry and throw fits, everyone I know who smokes marijauna, has a sense of peacefulness, no violence here. Well, I have more to say, but I don't like writing a novel.

Best answers
This isn't about alcohol. I was staying on topic. Yes, alcohol is terrible, but using that as an excuse to legalize yet another harmful substance won't convince me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weed DOESN'T affect you in any negative ways!!! It calms you down, it doesn't impare your judgment, it does **** really...

Best answers
The following was recieved from http://www.nida.nih.gov/

Q: What are the short-term effects of marijuana use?

A: The short-term effects of marijuana include:
problems with memory and learning;

- distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch) (6);
- trouble with thinking and problemsolving (5);
- loss of motor coordination; and
- increased heart rate.

These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with the marijuana; and users do not always know what drugs are given to them.

The following was retrieved from http://www.stopdrugs.org

In low doses, marijuana can induce restlessness, a dreamy state of relaxation, red or bloodshot eyes, and increased appetite. Stronger doses can cause shifting sensory images, rapidly fluctuating emotions, a loss of self-identity, fantasies, and hallucinations or image distortions.

Explain this please, Ghostfacekillah.

Best answers
One thing i'v always wondered.

Why are some people so unbeleivably anti-pot that it seems like they will fight it to the grave?

Its side effects are minimal at best. When compared to the advantages it offers it almost seems mind boggeling that it hasnt been legalized or at least decriminalized in more parts of north america and europe.

If it was legalized....
-governments would make millions/billions a year from taxation
-all the money that is spent on the completly bull**** "war on drugs" every year (billions) could be better spent where it is actually needed such as health care,schooling,public housing
-the already overloaded prison systems of the US (maybe even canada) would see releaf (sp?) because pot heads will not be in cells where murderors should be

anyways thats just my two cents on legalization

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**Sigh**

- distorted perception : only when it's laced will that ever happen...
- trouble with thinking and problemsolving : thats cause by the tiredness...
- loss of motor coordination : Tiredness... Again...
- increased heart rate : Nope, unless its laced, again...

All the sites you get info like this from give you the worst case scenario of stuff that can happen, so even though it says that can happen to you, its most likely blown out of proportion, or is when the drug is mixed with somthing else.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure like any drug the effects are different for different people. I can say I used to smoke marijuana quite frequently. And every time I did it was nothing but a positive experience. I certainly haven't had any mental problems associated with its use.

But I can't speak for every one.

Best answers
Originally posted by -ThrillKill-
The following was recieved from http://www.nida.nih.gov/

Q: What are the short-term effects of marijuana use?

A: The short-term effects of marijuana include:
problems with memory and learning;

- distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch) (6);
- trouble with thinking and problemsolving (5);
- loss of motor coordination; and
- increased heart rate.

These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with the marijuana; and users do not always know what drugs are given to them.

The following was retrieved from http://www.stopdrugs.org

In low doses, marijuana can induce restlessness, a dreamy state of relaxation, red or bloodshot eyes, and increased appetite. Stronger doses can cause shifting sensory images, rapidly fluctuating emotions, a loss of self-identity, fantasies, and hallucinations or image distortions.

Explain this please, Ghostfacekillah.
much of that is actually propaghanda forced down your throat

I dont recommend putting to much faith in a government site when it comes to pot. Considering how many diehard anti-marijuana senators/congressmen/politicians there are out there just how accurate do you think the information will be.

Those effects seems extremely mild when you consider that alchohol causes

-violence/violent behaviour
-it is a depressent
-risk of alchohol poisoning
-alcers (sp?)

and the list goes on. Now which seems worse to you?

I'm not here to force my beleifs on other people I'm just saying that before you actually make a decision and have an opinion on this matter. Atleast make sure its an informed decision/opinion

Best answers
In general terms I still can't say I support the use of marijuana. I'm anti-pot because I personally don't need the crap, and since it has flucuating side effects I don't see the point in its use. It's just like all the other drugs out there; you don't need it, so why use it?

I don't need help to "calm down" for one thing. A nice hot bath or a good movie does that nicely.

It's like I said before...

"If you use pot, you're a friggin' loser. Get a hobby, get a life, and seek counciling."

Edit: Also, stop comparing pot to other things to make it sound nicer. That isn't the point. We all know alcohol is bad, no need to remind us over and over.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep it nice, or this one gets closed like the last 4.

IMO, it should be legalized, if nothing else, it makes room for more serious crimes and even more serious drug busts. Some one said Brittain is legalizing . . . they aren't. They are making possesion a misdemenor . . . dealing is still a felony. Pot does have negative side effects, it is a drug. I am former pharmaceudical technician, and know a thing or two about chemicals in the body. Is it something that grows naturally? Yes, but did mother nature make it for you to smoke . . . smoke inhalation of ANY kind is bad for the body. I don't care if it's lit fart fumes, your lungs loose oxygen capacity and you damage the lining of the lung. How is that good? It's not. Now back the side effects, it isn't propaganda (don't use words you can't spell, ;)) it's actual clinical data . . . not every one gets it, this is true. But every user has the chance to get a negative side effect. Some of the ones listed are silly . . . red eyes . . . c'mon now, but the loss of perception on is a side effect of the active ingredient of pot . . . therefore it's not a lacing issue.

Pot is dangerous . . . not everyone gets serious liver disease from drinking or serious cancers from cigarettes, but you are risking your health every time that roach touches your mouth.

And Pot does cure Glacouma . . . but cancer . . . dude, what are you on?

Best answers
i seriously dont care who is against drugs and who is not. I do think marijuana should be made legal, for a number of reasons stated before, which are: it will save the government spending loads of money on finding people using it, and earn them more money from selling it. Also, with marijuana legalised, there is greater control over who can obtain it. I know that all these drugs are harmful, alcohol is harmful, but then how many other things on this planet are harmful to us? Whether you choose to do drugs or not is your decision. I dont take marijuana anyways, so its not gonna affect me if its legal or not.

Best answers
-ThrillKill-, ive always respected you but alot...ok...mostly all of the stuff youve put on this post is aload of ****...

1. Thats a .gov domain, being as it is too SUPPORT the law, its going to have crap like that, Did it mention how much you would have to smoke for it to do that??? Hell, using your computer too much would probobly have effects aswell...
2. I have been smoking weed for ages, I know it is not addictive if you have enough control because now I only take it now at partys and stuff and when I feel I want too, or when im at college and want too. I have no problem saying 'no' and I dont give a **** if you think im talking **** or not.

"If you use pot, you're a friggin' loser. Get a hobby, get a life, and seek counciling."
- Such a pathetic comment as that does not deserve a reply.

There are people that smoke weed at partys and people that do it alot more, but the people that just do it at partys (like me) is no different then drinking at partys because its both used to have a good time.
Weed should be compared to other drugs and alcahol and ciggeretes are two of them (it is not going off-topic)

If you think it should stay illegal then say that but dont go insulting people who take it just because you have your personal opinion on why they shouldnt.

Cucumber, you are right I forgot to mention about dealing still being bad (as well as carrying heavy amounts because you are presumed to be a dealer)

Best answers
Well I wasn't aware anyone had any amount of respect for me, and I appreciate it. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but this paticular topic is a bit personal to me. I realize I was a little too vocal about it, but I still stand by what I said. You don't need this drug, so why use it? I will never understand the other side's reasoning to a pointless drug, and since I'm outnumbered anyway, I won't be posting in here anymore.

If I offended you I can asure you I have a very real and close reason for doing so. I have seen the ill effects of marijuana first hand and I just don't want to hear about it anymore.

I hope you all understand.

Best answers
I know how badly someone can become addicted to it and it can leave them feeling a few things but its nothing that wont go away and if someone tells you someone they knew died from it then either their probobly lieing or the other person did more then weed, because NOone has died from smoking weed unless it was taken with other things or they commited suicide because they were stupid enough to go overboard without handling the effects. sorry that might of sounded kind of heartless but its true.

Best answers
This does not involve a death, but it may as well have. Drugs are drugs and they ruin lives in others ways than causing direct physical harm.

Given the recent creation of this topic and the affect it has on me, I decided to read up a lot about it in the past couple days. I read government sites and user-made sites, I read tesitmonials from tragedy stricken families and the stories of avid marijuana users who live perfectly normal lives. I've talked to a few friends whom are notorious for using this stuff, and those who don't.

I've been lead to the same conlcusion that I have come to with tobacco and alcohol.

I wish cigarettes and alcohol were never legal, but there's nothing I can do about that. They are regulated and handled on both a corporate and governmental level. I still have a lot of problems with this, even if they are watched closely by either side, but it is admitabely better than banning their use and having individuals deal and sell it underground where it could go through gawd knows how many different modifications before ending up in a user's hands.

As much as I may oppose marijuana's general use (as I keep repeating, it's useless) I would greatly prefer that it was regulated and handled properly rather than kept illegal, leaving the drug's distribution free to the dealers (and what they decide to put in it).

This, of course, comes with a few risks. What if the regulations are too strict and underground batches circulate that are stronger and laced with more crap than there is now? What if more dangerous strains emerge for the more "hardcore" users to take advantage of? How can we control this adequately? I'm sure there are answers, but I worry about things like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not approving it's use. I don't think very highly of people who smoke or drink either (again, it's all pointless) I would just prefer it's use promoted in a much safer way than it is now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by -ThrillKill-
In general terms I still can't say I support the use of marijuana. I'm anti-pot because I personally don't need the crap, and since it has flucuating side effects I don't see the point in its use. It's just like all the other drugs out there; you don't need it, so why use it?

I don't need help to "calm down" for one thing. A nice hot bath or a good movie does that nicely.

It's like I said before...

Edit: Also, stop comparing pot to other things to make it sound nicer. That isn't the point. We all know alcohol is bad, no need to remind us over and over.
My father does drugs. He was once a pillar of intellect who loved his wife and children dutifully; I would even go so far as to say he was a model father.

Now...after years of doing this...

...he can't tie his own shoes without getting angry. He drives like a maniac to drop me off at home from work (we work at the same place) so he can disappear for an hour and a half under the claim of "playing the number" or "getting some gas" (we live next door to a convenience store, a sub shop, and a gas station, so this is even more a load of crap) and get wasted. Then he stays up till all hours of the night trying to out-insomiac me so that once I go to sleep he can sneak out and do MORE drugs.

There have been times when emergencies have come up and he's smoked so much weed that he's passed out. It's all he does, and unlike your average 15 year old kid, he has a well paying job (that he can barely do) and he can get much larger quantities of marijuana in a day then your average teenager can pay.

He also gets his money deposited into a joint account with my mother's and occasionally mine (a loophole in the bank she works at gets me free checking and free ATM that way). So it is not uncommon for us to require money for food or gas or a bill and it be mysteriously gone, while anywhere between $50 and $250 worth of weed or alcohol is hidden in his trunk or in his briefcase from work.

When I was five, he once threw me across a room.

He doesn't remember my birthday. I am his first born son, and he doesn't remember my birthday, OR my middle name. He chose the middle name; it's HIS name (John), but he still can't remember this.

His temper has become so short that he once got into a shouting match with me in a car and nearly drove he and myself off a bridge in Lynn, Ma. He drives a Grand Prix and easily exceeded 100 miles per hour--fortunately at the last second he turned the wheel back to the left.

He is now at a point where he gets stoned every single day, oftentimes more than once. He cannot function without weed and it shows more since I've started working with him: towards the end of the day he starts to fiend for his stuff, and his temper instantly blows over every little thing, and he becomes confrontational and aggressive and agitated and stupid.

He once told me that you can kick a dog in the stomach as hard as you can and that it doesn't get mad, because animals have no feelings, it just bites you out of reflex. This is the same person who, when I was a kid in 6th grade, explained to me in deep detail the big bang theory, a talk from which I wrote a report that won a state-wide award.

FOr these and many many more reasons, I am and always will be straightedge and have had a longstanding vow that the day Marijuana is legalized to a point where I cannot escape it I am simply going to commit suicide. THAT is how much I hate drugs.

It should ALL be illegal; smoking, drinking, and drugs, no matter the effect. I don't care what the arguments or "medicinal uses" are (if it cures cancer I'm sure they can put it into a pill or shot, and not give out two blunts and say "call me in the morning"). It's bull****. If you use it you are weak.

And at some point, you'll end up like my father. Stupid, and weak-willed. You want a whole country full of that? Fine, you can have it. I'll take it to the grave instead.

'Nuff said.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX, I HIGHLY doubt that thats from weed, he seems to have been doing it a long time and it is true that you are sometimes lead onto higher drugs because the effects become weaker in time...

I know people that smoke weed just about every day aswell and they are cool people (it is usualy alcahol that rises your temper), My best friend who i goto college with everyday usualy goes in stoned everyday and sometimes he gets stoned at lunch aswell, there is nothing wrong with him and hes a good laugh.

Weed does not do that **** to you, that is what stuff like ecstasy and heroine mixed or steroids would do, weed is as light as tobacco, you dont see people flipping from cigerettes...

My dad got cancer (no not lung cancer) and he had to go on chemethoropy, he has done such things to me as getting so mad with me he had punched a door in so he could reach through it and open it the other side, he scared me so bad I went outside at like 11pm or something while it was raining to have to lay out there somewhere away from everyone where it was wet and freezing and i didnt even have a coat, The only person on my side was my brother who helped me through alot of that ****, he takes drugs and he means more to me then my parents do, (dont get me wrong i still care about my parents.) He had a big talk with me about it and realised I was too scared to come back into the house so instead went back and got my coat for me and I had to stay in the garage.

So I know how bad things can get from drugs aswell but presuming there all bad just because some people get ****ed up by them can remain as your opinion but I know what both sides are like and I am not so close minded.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im not sure, maybe if you became so depentant on it, it would seem to have a lesser affect on you because your body is used to it, so that when you dont have it your body wants that state of calm, so you become more bad tempered untill you get some. But on the other hand, if it was legalised, there would be no danger of people getting it with other things mixed in, or a contaminated supplie, because it would come over the counter, and there would be no need to buy it from the streets.

Best answers
well yes, but their only partly legalising it, dealing it will still be illegal so i very much doubt shops can sell it...so theres probobly going to be even more danger of getting mixes...

Varys are good however because they have slightly different effects and the same thing over and over is not so good, also if you get it off the same dealer your not likly to get some nasty ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom