Left 4 Dead 2

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? No thread about this yet? Guess I'll start the discussion. ;p

So this game comes out on the 17th of November.. who's getting it?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've already pre-ordered it. Can get a game for free, might as well be this one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather buy Modern Warfare 2. If I get L4D2 for Christmas or something, great. I've been playing L4D since it was released and I'm really burnt out, even with the DLC which isn't much. I just don't think I'll be that into L4D2 if I buy it at release when I know I could spend the money on a game with something new to offer.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't realy know if I might buy it I don't wana boycott anything i just don't wana buy the same game allover again

Best answers
if you think its the 100% copy of the first game you really havent been keeping up with news they have improved + added tons to make sure you have a refreshing change from 1 - 2

on another note, "Pills Here!!!!"

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
new skins for the same gamde dosent make a new game,I'd Realy don't have to continu this because it might get into a l4d 2 hathing thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
new skins for the same gamde dosent make a new game,I'd Realy don't have to continu this because it might get into a l4d 2 hathing thread
It's not like Madden or some BS like that, I agree with you on those kinds of games. But L4D2 includes all you need to call it a sequel.

New characters, new maps, new locations.

Several new weapons and ammo types to spice up how you kill zombies.

Melee weapons, for when you'd rather bludgeon a swarm of the horde with an axe than merely push them away with the butt of your gun. Imagine this for freeing people from Hunters. Remove a step from the "melee, shoot" equation.

Daytime levels, for a wildly different mood with certain gameplay tweaks. For instance, the Witch will roam freely during the Day because of all that light.

And the new Special Infected. The Charger, which is like a mini Tank. The Jockey, who can Pounce Survivors and STEER them into danger. The Spitter, a nasty looking ***** who can vomit acid which makes areas inaccessible temporarily, possibly trapping Survivors, or dealing tons of damage to ones who get caught in the puddle.

And then there's all the game fixes and improved dismemberment physics and the uncommon infected types. It's really all you can ask for from a sequel game. I mean, what else might you add?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tried L4D but I didn't like it that much so I'll doubt I'll get L4D2 either. I miss Alien Swarm, now that was good co-op.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll pick it up for a massive discount. I'm not paying anywhere near full price for what could have easily been an expansion.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll pick it up for a massive discount. I'm not paying anywhere near full price for what could have easily been an expansion.
Second.

My philosophy about buying L4D2 will be much the same as it was for L4D. If it feels like a $10 - $20 game (which L4D did for me), I won't get it until it's available for that price.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
October and November always drain my wallet.

This year we have Brutal Legend, followed by Borderlands, followed by Dragon Age: Origins, followed by Modern Warfare 2, followed by L4D2, followed by Assassin's Creed 2.

And I need all these games, sigh.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I To will probably wait for a super massive discount to play that game

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read a news article on Kotaku saying that Valve flew in a few of the boycotters in to play L4D2 and their opinion about the game changed once they finished playing it. Here's the link to the article: ( Click Here )

Also, apparently the last two campaigns have been leaked.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read a news article on Kotaku saying that Valve flew in a few of the boycotters in to play L4D2 and their opinion about the game changed once they finished playing it. Here's the link to the article: ( Click Here )

Also, apparently the last two campaigns have been leaked.
don't get me wrong I will rather play L4D on a mario map then buy L4D 2, even thought all my steam friends want's me to buy it since they allready got it,but I still won't buy it till it get to be 10 bucks, Even though L4D 1 will die I will still play it.

Best answers
I don't get all the Left 4 Dead 2 hatred. There's just no pleasing the gaming community as a whole. I'm sorry but all the new content in Left 4 Dead 2 could not have easily been an expansion, that's for damn sure. If you don't like the first game, then fine don't even bother with the second, but don't pass it up because you think well hey its just the same freaking game. You'll be wrong. You're the one missing out, not us.

I'll be buying this game at launch, and it will be epic. Freaking epic. Its completely crazy when people get a sequel to a highly anticipated game "too soon" they go insane and boycott it. But when it takes too long to make, all they do is complain, complain, complain. Seriously I think the gaming community just needs SOMETHING to complain about, or their lives would be in shambles. -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but all the new content in Left 4 Dead 2 could not have easily been an expansion, that's for damn sure.
Please name any feature of L4D2 which could not have been implemented in the first game.

Its completely crazy when people get a sequel to a highly anticipated game "too soon" they go insane and boycott it. But when it takes too long to make, all they do is complain, complain, complain. Seriously I think the gaming community just needs SOMETHING to complain about, or their lives would be in shambles.
I actually just went through this with someone in the other L4D thread recently, and since I'm too lazy to say it all again I will simply say, you don't understand why people are upset.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand the upset people. I was one of them. I am, however, hopelessly hooked on the first one, and even if it were more of the same, I'm going to get the second one.

Rephrase that: I already have the second one. Preordered for great baseball batting.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that it now has a Southern setting... I'll enjoy the stereotypes more than most, for obvious reasons.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pre-load demo comes out tomorrow (today for 95% of the forum :p), anybody going to be playing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom