Latest works

Best answers
Here you go!

It's very messy, so don't mind that. It's just an example for the shading and highlights.

Also you made shading ontop of that upper left bush? That's not very logical since the sun shines on top so...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to say that this is really impressive work. Keep it coming.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sweet Jesus.. I knew there was a reason i wanted to perfect coloring so badly =] It brings an image to life.

RIGHT NOW I DEMAND A TUTORIAL FROM YOU!!!:fight:

ahaha but man thats simply awsome... I'm still comparing my coloring then yours ... aha yours completely transforms the pic.

Hrm one thing i just remembered, COLOR BURN it can come in handy for heavy contrast no ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ahah yea i noticed that too, right after I scanned it ... lol

but i guess it could behidden behind his front leg o_O or maybe it's a funky dagger

Best answers
Sweet Jesus.. I knew there was a reason i wanted to perfect coloring so badly =] It brings an image to life.
That's why i love doing it. Making something lifelike from nothing. It's the satisfaction of creation :D

About colour burn, it's true what you say but i wouldn't use it. It's not reliable enought.
It's just a matter of choosing your colours right. Don't be afraid to pick very dark colours for the shading or very light ones for the highlights. Picking slightly different colours can bring it to life too. (i.e. taking a dark red for shading something orange)

Anyway try for yourself first and if you really get stuck i'll maybe make a tutorial. I'm really just too lazy right now :fight:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
JEEBUS, I gave it another shot.. here's what I got. Even tho the colors still look flat X_X, there is still some:rolleyes: noticable progress.

Really nice dude.You should see my art works but they are on paper and I can't post them(and i don't have scanner).

Take a picture o_O

Best answers
I like what u did with the pants.
His skin needs a LOT more contrast though.

But it's defly a improvement.
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
AutoMerged DoublePost
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
VideoJinx

I really liked this little dude so i hope you don't mind i had me some practice of my own.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Bleh no prob, he's a sketch =o.

im just trying to figure out what kinda fx your using to get that kinda rich looking color..

Cuz, I think once i figure out how to color near your level of coloring I can start working on "clean lines" =].

Is their any kind of effect your using on the colors?

Best answers
Nope no effect.

But if i compare the way i shade the skin and the way you do it.
I see the difference.

For one the shading colour u use just isn't dark enough. You need a lot more contrast.
Secondly try not to just add black to your colours to make a shading colour add some blue or something (like the dark red, orange example i gave you)

Keep trying i'm sure your going to get there seeing as you've made such progress in such a short time ;)

Best answers
some more recent stuff

This is an original character of mine. He's of the "Felician" race.

Next some lineart that i have yet to colour.

This is a redesign of the GT cast, but i replaced goku with goten, cuz goku's way old!

And finally some dragonball online inspired headchopping

Feel free to comment and criticize

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
My spiderman drawing i did in Paint

Best answers
started colouring the streetfighter sketch i did.
Nothing much and still a wip of course.

Feel free to drop some crits.

I'll keep you guys posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom