LAN server only..

Best answers
I made a ded server but nobody can join it, my firewall is down, and it isn't on lan only. what the heck do i have to do?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=57646

Why make another thread?

Did you find out how to forward ports on your router? You'll have to do that, I can almost guarantee that's what's causing your server to not appear.

If you can't find your particular router make and model on that site, then what is your router? Maybe someone here has the same type and could help out. If it has any kind of web-interface, forwarding ports is usually similar. Type 192.168.0.1 (could be a different address, but most routers use this by default) in your browser's address window. If something shows up (it'll probably ask for a username/password) type them in. If you haven't set any, they usually default to either admin for the username with no password (that's how my D-Link DI-514 is), or no username, but admin for a password. That's probably not the only way, but that's the way I get access to my router's config and stats.

I believe you have to set the sv_region value for dedicated servers, too. I have on all I've hosted, but I don't know if it's absolutely essential. It can't hurt, though.
server.cfg said:
// 0: US East coast
// 1: US West coast
// 2: South America
// 3: Europe
// 4: Asia
// 5: Australia
// 6: Middle East
// 7: Africa
sv_region 0
Change the value to reflect your location.

Best answers
well this sux i put in admin for user, admin for pw, and both, and it didnt work, i can't remember making one tho......... hmmm this sux

oh and my router is Linksys WCG200-CC

Ok i fixed the ports to what they needed to be, and its not lan, but its not showing up on the server list.

Wow i seriously think nothing works for me. ;( ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom