Lag Problems

Best answers
:] I havent played esf for about a month now and now when i create a game and it loads up to the selection screen it starts to lag alot even when im picking my character it frezzes and u have to wait about 2 mins before it switches to the next character and then when i finally pick my character it lags so much that i cant :confused: even turn around do anyone know what the problem migh be??

Best answers
Well i dunno if its any kinda bug problem or anything, but im curious of how good your system is and do you have broadband or dial up if you have a good system and broadband i dont know what the problem might be.

Best answers
Amitron said:
Well i dunno if its any kinda bug problem or anything, but im curious of how good your system is and do you have broadband or dial up if you have a good system and broadband i dont know what the problem might be.
thats exactly what i have too which is broadband with a windows xp and like i was saying before about a mont ago it was workin fine now the framrate is running at like 3.0 per seconds i cant even move im wondering if to many files saved on ur computer could be the problem.. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3.0 seconds isnt your framerate. When you're in the game bring the console down and type net_graph 3. Tell us what the fps from there. Is it lag? or is it chop? if it's lag then there's either something wrong with your connection or you're just joining laggy servers. If it's chop, then you might not have enough ram, or you might need a better processor, or a video card. You have to give us some specs on your computer before we are able to help you.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure your resolution used in HL/ESF isn't too high for your gfx card to run with high fps. Try lowering it if it is too high.

And also try switching between different video modes to see which one suits you best. OpenGL is recommended the most for 90% of the people, but exceptions of other modes working better for some people have been found.

And on a final note, read this:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=23632

Hope you are able to sort things out. =)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Add one more to the happy ESF fans list. :)

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom