Krillin's Eyes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I already pointed out that his eyes should be like they are in the anime, in a thread when the 'New Krillin' was being shown, and Eclipse and Smo were rather offended by the suggestion that they should make the game as similar to the anime as possible.

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears.
Actually, I think everyone was just offended at how you thought it was THE WORST MODEL EVER MADE because the eyes were white and not skin tone. They even showed you what it would have been like the way you suggested and it looked like crap, in my opinion. That contrast is a necessary evil on the face; without it, he's just got a thumb for a head and having a face at all on the model is irrelevant.

Here's a likewise example: Vegeta's hair doesn't have exactly 27 spikes on it! What an awful model!! It's irrelevant. As long as it is clearly Vegeta and is similar enough to the character that it doesn't induce a vomitous reaction--that is, if it is completely recognizeable save for such a minor, minor detail--

At the scale the model is at, without that white of his eyes his whole head will look like it has NO SKIN AT ALL. Not to revive our old argument, but I really again don't think it is that important to make a major gripe about it. The way the guy who made this thread presented it--as a curious question, with decent intentions--was a lot better than what happened before. Back then, it was all about how the model sucked so uber badly because they actually made Krillin not look like a total strung-out retard.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Actually, I think everyone was just offended at how you thought it was THE WORST MODEL EVER MADE because the eyes were white and not skin tone. They even showed you what it would have been like the way you suggested and it looked like crap, in my opinion. That contrast is a necessary evil on the face; without it, he's just got a thumb for a head and having a face at all on the model is irrelevant.

Here's a likewise example: Vegeta's hair doesn't have exactly 27 spikes on it! What an awful model!! It's irrelevant. As long as it is clearly Vegeta and is similar enough to the character that it doesn't induce a vomitous reaction--that is, if it is completely recognizeable save for such a minor, minor detail--

At the scale the model is at, without that white of his eyes his whole head will look like it has NO SKIN AT ALL. Not to revive our old argument, but I really again don't think it is that important to make a major gripe about it. The way the guy who made this thread presented it--as a curious question, with decent intentions--was a lot better than what happened before. Back then, it was all about how the model sucked so uber badly because they actually made Krillin not look like a total strung-out retard.
I didn't think that was the worst model ever. Someone posted saying something like "OMG THAT MODEL IS SO AWESOME," and I asked what he was smoking, because it was mediocre at best. (Not terrible, just didn't look like Krillin)

I was surprised because Smo's LAST model, Trunks, looked FANTASTIC, and looked almost exactly like him--and then, all of a sudden, there's a Krillin with the wrong color eyes, bizzarely shaped eyebrows, incorrectly placed dots, and bad skintone.

It's not a minor issue, like you suggest "the number of spikes on Vegeta's hair."

I'll repost the image I did in the thread you all decided to bring up.

As a sidenote, I wouldn't say "Everyone" because a good number of people agreed with me.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I didn't think that was the worst model ever. Someone posted saying something like "OMG THAT MODEL IS SO AWESOME," and I asked what he was smoking, because it was mediocre at best. (Not terrible, just didn't look like Krillin)
No you were commenting on the skin, not the model which the other gentlemen was refering too. Please realize there is a VERY clear difference between the two! For one your commenting on my work and the other, Mr. Smo's! You have absolutly no idea how the model was constructed because there are no pictures that show it, thus making your statement invalid.

On the point of the skin, I'm tired of you complaining about it, we try and change it, people want the old one, we have the old one, and inveitablely you will show up to cry about it. Soooooooo to solve this problem I have just followed your ref as best I can so it looks extactly like Krillin, the only proble is that he si missing the blue parts of his GI because I think the picture you posted was from dragonball, not Z. Anyway can a mod pleast close this thread? It's just gonna turn into a flame war =\.

Here is your Krillin, all ready for combat in 1.3!!!

P.S. sorry fi any of this doesn't make sense, i'm tired @_@.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
No you were commenting on the skin, not the model which the other gentlemen was refering too. Please realize there is a VERY clear difference between the two! For one your commenting on my work and the other, Mr. Smo's! You have absolutly no idea how the model was constructed because there are no pictures that show it, thus making your statement invalid.

On the point of the skin, I'm tired of you complaining about it, we try and change it, people want the old one, we have the old one, and inveitablely you will show up to cry about it. Soooooooo to solve this problem I have just followed your ref as best I can so it looks extactly like Krillin, the only proble is that he si missing the blue parts of his GI because I think the picture you posted was from dragonball, not Z. Anyway can a mod pleast close this thread? It's just gonna turn into a flame war =\.

Here is your Krillin, all ready for combat in 1.3!!!

P.S. sorry fi any of this doesn't make sense, i'm tired @_@.
I didn't "show up any cry about it." Someone who hadn't seen the previous thread made a thread inquiring about the inconsitencies in the model, ones I had also formerly voiced, and I told him his efforts were futile, as they obviously are. Nothing more. Once again you react overly defensively. Whether I know "how the model was constructed because there are no pictures that show it" or not, is irrelevant, because it's simply the incorrect modelling decisions I was talking about.

And for the record, the model shot you showed as some kind of lame attempt at mocking my apt suggestive corrections, actually looks better than the model itself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sigh

really people does something as foolish as this need to be argued about?

and yes if this goes id say 1 or 2 posts more it will become a total flame war and for what? white or tan eyeballs?

cant people just get along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom