kosovo seceded from serbia today

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does they keep saying that Kosovo is "special case"? What would heppen if California departs from USA? Well, afaik, the most of Californians are Mexicans (right?). So, isn't that the same? Or Istra in SLovenia? And frankly, I don't think Russia supports us because we are both Slavens neither because they like us, or something, they does that because they know the same thing could happen to them. MAny parts of Russia are made by non-Russians, so if they see Kosovo departed from us, they might do the same, normally, Russia is afraid that might happen.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They didn't only drive our forces out of the country. They drove out countless civilians. Compare the percentage of Croatians in Serbia to the percentage of Serbs in Croatia. If anyone did genocide in this case, it's them.
Let's see, according to Wikipedia (which I haven't used much during this discussion) - Croatia during 1991 (the last census before the war), Croatia consisted of 78.1% Croats and 12.2% Serbs. After the Yugoslavia war - Croats 89.6%, Serbs 4.5%. And from what I can tell, both the Croats and Serbs left area's that were in each others control (meaning the Croats left Serb controlled areas and the Serbs left Croat controlled areas) at the time of the war. And when the Yugoslav and Croatian Serb rebels were driven out, those who fled to Serb controlled area had no choice but to leave the country.

I'll need to do more research, but this is the Wikipedia article that I pulled this information from - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbs_of_Croatia

And please post what you're reading, I'm interested in it.
So far, I've been reading from Encarta Encyclopedia 2004, a few history site articles and one or two Wikipedia articles. I'll make sure to start linking them.

Best answers
There was the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Bulgarian Empire, Ottomans and the Serbs, all who wanted our land.They took away most of it and now proclaim it was always theirs.They wanted to assimilate us, but we are still here.

Dont come around here saying we have no right to declare the independence.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There was the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Bulgarian Empire, Ottomans and the Serbs, all who wanted our land.They took away most of it and now proclaim it was always theirs.They wanted to assimilate us, but we are still here.

Dont come around here saying we have no right to declare the independence.
I'm sorry, I think I heard you saying 'your land'. Excuse me, who was the one who kicked the Ottomans' ass in the middle ages, and in turn saving your ass from them for another 100 years? You were christian back then, by the way.

No, we did it. Was it you that won 'your land' during the Balkan wars? Didn't think so.

You have absolutely no right to declare Kosovo your land. It's been Serbian land since ancient times and it will be Serbian land again.

Best answers
Why does they keep saying that Kosovo is "special case"? What would heppen if California departs from USA? Well, afaik, the most of Californians are Mexicans (right?). So, isn't that the same? Or Istra in SLovenia? And frankly, I don't think Russia supports us because we are both Slavens neither because they like us, or something, they does that because they know the same thing could happen to them. MAny parts of Russia are made by non-Russians, so if they see Kosovo departed from us, they might do the same, normally, Russia is afraid that might happen.
Wrong: http://www.tsc.berkeley.edu/newsletter/Summer03/DemographicTrends.html

Kosovo is no special case in my opinion. Any country-sized piece of land in which 80% of their inhabitants want to seperate has my support for it's independance.

Best answers
90% of the people in kosova are albanians and we all agree for independence.

who was the one who kicked the Ottomans'
O_O :shocked: Have you ever hear of Gjergj Kastrioti ( Skanderbeg ) . He was the one protecting Balkan with all albanians. And that war you mentioned , we fought to :paper:

I just saw on TV serbian policemen congratulating kosovo policemen the independence !!

Edit: This thread should be closed and deleted. You cant debate with people who have a biased view.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Norway should invade Serbia. Then they'll know what it feels like.

Best answers
Yeah, and kill women, children and old men , throw them in a hole and hide it. Then they will really know what if feels like.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
90% of the people in kosova are albanians and we all agree for independence.

O_O :shocked: Have you ever hear of Gjergj Kastrioti ( Skanderbeg ) . He was the one protecting Balkan with all albanians. And that war you mentioned , we fought to :paper:/quote]
Yeah, I heard of Skenderbeg.

Yeah, I heard about Skanderbeg.
He is remembered for his struggle against the Ottoman Empire, whose armies he successfully ousted from his native land for two decades
Ahem....

1389-1459 = 70 years

70 years > 2 decades

And it wasn't a war, it was one battle that delayed them for 70 years because they were weakened and their Sultan was killed. Let's see when Skanderbeg did that. I'm pretty sure Albanians didn't fight in the Kosovo Battle in 1389. That battle was fought purely between Serbs and Ottomans.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Simply imagine it if the tables were turned. Imagine if it were the nation of Kosovo, and not Serbia.

Your area is 80% serbs, you had a few disagreements with Kosova, a little genocide there amongst some other things. You don't like the way things are being done, and you have the support to secede, recognizing Serbia as its own country.

Would you see a problem in that?

Best answers
(June 15, 1389)Kossovo battle fought at Kosovo Polje (“Field of the Blackbirds”), Serbia, between the armies of the Serbian prince Lazar and the Turkish forces of the Ottoman sultan Murad I (reigned 1360–89). The battle ended in a Turkish victory, the collapse of Serbia, and the complete encirclement of the crumbling Byzantine Empire by Turkish armies.
Murad captured many fortified places near Kosovo,

A quote from Dobrica Ćosić "Father of the Nation"(serbia)
"A lie,trait of our patriotism" “We lie to deceive ourselves, to console others, we lie for mercy, we lie to fight fear, to encourage ourselves, to hide our and somebody else’s misery. We lie for love and honesty. We lie because of freedom. Lying is a trait of our patriotism and the proof of our innate intelligence. We lie creatively, imaginatively and inventively."

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have just two words for you muhadri: JEBI SE!

P.S. Way to go Dzamija, I lol'd yesterday when I saw that pic in newspapers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Independence is for losers. Only morons want to be individuals, and be allowed to have their own country and or identity left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom