korean history is over 10,000 years!?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could've addressed the issue with less generalizations.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The claim is absolutely rediculous, as the three kingdoms period hadn't even happened yet, so no previous kingdom had layed claim to all of Korea.

Best answers
Not to mention that it's not so idiotic

There are ruins in the Pacific on the bottom of the ocean that no one has classified yet. Some believe them to belong to an ancient civilization that lived on a large continent that was in the middle of the Pacific. Legendary Continent of Mu. History is a funny thing in that way. All we know for sure of history is what we can determine from what was left behind, artifacts, transcripts, excavated cities and villages. For all we know there could have been a civilization more advanced than us that was destroyed in some huge cataclysm.

As a historian I've learned that you should never rule anything out.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I haven't, but I will say I don't believe that ancient civilization considered itself, nor should we consider it, Korea.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wasn't he banned?

On topic: Korea is an older civilization than America, hellrider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vote Dan! - "Native Americans don't count!"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A continent sinking into the ocean with an advanced civilisation that vanished tens of thousands of years ago.

Reminds me of Atlantis.

And im with Cuc. There may have been a civilisation that old. But just cause the current location is called Korea it doesnt mean the civilisation itself was Korean. It could have been anything. Heck the Slavic people originated in Asia and moved to Europe. Its allpossible there was a totally difrent civilisation.

And since the ancient writings differ so much from todays we cant really put them into any modern vcivilisation list unless we have names of places that remained the same. Greece for example that still has the antique names today ^^

Best answers
I'll agree that if there was in fact a civilization that old, it more than likely did not go by the name Korea

A continent sinking into the ocean with an advanced civilisation that vanished tens of thousands of years ago.

Reminds me of Atlantis.
It should, if you think about it, if there actually was a large landmass that sank into the ocean, wouldn't there be different tales of it from different areas of the world (like there is)?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically, Atlantis could be anywhere in the world. Back then, the ocean they said it was in, was referred to as the ocean. It involved all large masses of water, and so it could be anywhere around the world.

Best answers
Take out your globe, look at it, and tell me that the most likely place for a sunken continent isn't the Pacific Ocean, regardless of what or where it was way back when

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..I thought Africa held the earliest humans?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Humans, not civilization.

Take out your globe, look at it, and tell me that the most likely place for a sunken continent isn't the Pacific Ocean, regardless of what or where it was way back when
I was saying that whatever the legends said is likely misunderstood by most people. Plato states it as being in the Atlantic Ocean - however, at this time, every ocean in the known world was called the Atlantic Ocean. I concur with your theory that it lies somewhere in the Pacific.

Best answers
..I thought Africa held the earliest humans?
The earliest Humans found so far, that just means that Africa is where the oldest human fossils have been found, no one looks for fossils underwater, and quite frankly we've only looked for human fossils where we suppose that humans settled, so really we don't know for sure, that's just the best we've come up with so far.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wasn't he banned?

On topic: Korea is an older civilization than America, hellrider.
thanks to you, I was able to discontinue the ban. and also because you made me got banned by eon.(eon favors you doesnt mean I will give a damn too.)

and america isnt a civilization.....it is just a state and political group, the name of the region.

and as a country korea was form at 1948 after world war 2.

PS: I wonder have you ever pass the geography class before?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is a civilization? Where does the line between a nation and a civilization diverge? When does a nation become a civilization? What is the difference between a nation and a civilization?

You could make a fairly strong argument for America being a civilization, as well as almost any other country on the earth.

As for Korea suggesting that their civilization is 10,000 years old, I'd like to believe that it's a ridiculous claim. Any civilization that existed there most likely did not consider themselves Korean.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and as a country korea was form at 1948 after world war 2.
I don't pretend to know anything about the subject, but I think that's when Korea was divided into North and South, I'm not sure if the country of Korea existed as a whole before that.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Korea was a country before the Japanese occupied it (wanna say that happened near turn of the century). The occupation ended in 1948 I believe. The North/South split happened in 1956 or 1958 I think.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Korea was said to have been formed by Dangun when he founded the first Korean kingdom in 2333 b.c.

Off-Topic - Interesting enough, there was a form/kata/poomsae dedicated to him in the Taekwondo school I was studying at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom