Ki(energy) consumption in ESF:F

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
First of nobody uses teleport if they are weak in the show. They only use it when they are just as strong as the opponent the idea I would suggest, has a little bit to do with that principle, only slightly changed..
Afterimage = used by kid Goku meaning kid Krillin level meaning ANY character in DBZ can do this SEVERAL times.
Some people use teleport plus right to go in the direction right then at another turn, they use teleport plus space(if it's actually possible) to go up and and then maybe they will use teleport plus forward to go behind you. How in the name of Bananas am I supposed to guess where someone has gone when he completely disappeared. Are you telling me that to counter a move like this that requires 2 buttons to use, that apparently is skillful because it gives you choice of disappearing, I am going to have A recognize the player B Learn what directions he generally uses when he ports C Somehow learn to use that against him?
Yes, as I said you are not "skilled" or good enough to spot this or learn how to read your enemy's style or predict a simple teleport.. it comes with time and experience .. I can do it, so could a thousand other players what's keeping you?

Whaaaaaat? This means that the game is nothing but a horrid, excruciating chore, I'm sorry if that's the case then I'm just better of doing Homework for school. Don't give me such garbage BS just so I can be able to not get the jingles beat out of me, give me some sort of a system to help me counter it what in the hell and give him something to worry about when he gets attacked, is being a casual player, that just likes to log in once a week play a match or 2 of this game and not have to learn a bunch of BS strategies that are more or less guess work, memorizing that BS so that I can play, such a terrible crime? Jeez Tribes Ascend is more welcoming to people then this, and that game requires some serious skills to hit a damn target.
Then go do homework or Tribes Ascend, no offence but it doesn't seem like you even want to learn. Some games are hard and it'll always be that pros are thousand times better than you, take Street Fighter for instance. The better you are the funnier the game becomes, I suggest you to try..
Also I forgot to mention If you fly and then switch directions, it is done in the most horrible way possible in this version of the game (that's one of the reasons why I don't change directions to often, because doing that requires you to stress your left hand like hell, also the controls, because of the way they work are somewhat unresponsive which makes this simple process even more excruciating. Basic principle of making a game that is supposed to be respected in every quality game out there, if the game makes you uncomfortable it's BROKEN, BROKEN (search on Google Angry Joes Sonic Free Riders, and example of an uncomfortable game to play because of the way controls work Final Verdict: Broken, it's also a damn funny review, had a lot of fun watching him rage) (reason number 2 why I prefer flying straight, o let me see... a wait I remember, you lose some KI when you change a direction! Shocking isn't it?)
I have an easy way of chainswooping, my fingers are adjusted to it? It's an easy and comfortable system if you try to stress less you will get the controls slowly.

Guess work, nothing for sure, just more guess work and more guess work.
Here learn about this guy insert player name here he likes to teleport like this in this direction once you learn his moves you can beat him.
{Chore has been given. Accept?}
/ Yes X No
The more you analyse players the faster you learn how to analyse the next one, there are some people that solely improve on the same person because they adapt to his style
Supposed to be played? Huh you mean to tell me that if I get hit once , just once with a simple melee attack and then even happen to be in the situation that i get hit again and again in the air then I reach the ground and I start rolling and so I get hit again and again because you can get hit when you roll and I, as the victim, can do absolutely NOTHING, NADA to react to him, I can't hit him back because I'm either busy trying to figure out which button makes me stop crashing to the ground
If you're busy trying to figure out which button makes you recover, there's your answer already.. you need more experience to fight people that are better than you are... we have all been ass-whooped in order to become good. If you recover correctly it is VERY hard to do this on your opponent, hit to roof, land on ground do rolls there... you'll recover before hitting the ground... besides in EU max 2 hits on ground and America max 1... they won't do it, if they do THAT'S an exploit THEN we are talking about exploiting (or well the 2 ground hits is exploiting but accepted in EU)
, a button that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work, also once I start rolling I can't for the life of me recover from it, there just is no way so all I can do is just sit and watch myself as I get killed all because I got hit once, because as I've seen if you get hit consecutively 5-6 times with simple melee you are dead, all that just because of one hit. Nope, no matter how the hell you put it that is an exploit, it's like glitching a WOW boss into a wall so that he can't move but you can still attack him and kill him effortlessly, it's the same thing here. I can't move or do shiz so I'm basically glitched and he just hits away on me.

You can .. it ALWAYS works just do it correctly.. also you have to be EXTREMELY good to keep hitting with the roof or the wall .. only a few players in the game know how to and it's always been like that.

Nope that's an exploit and if it's a game mechanic then it's just garbage and it needs urgent fixing. People are supposed to be able to do something to defend themselves in those situations. If those are brought in the ESF:F and you can't defend yourself against a simple melee them or fight back, then that settles it. ESF:F will be pure garbage too, because this way nobody would use advanced melee, why would they when they can kill their target just with simple melees 60% of the time and all that after just one strike. It means the game is reduced to this: use this move to win. If enemy player is unskilled you win, if he's just as good as you, maybe you get some joy, if hes better then you your dead, oh what you say how can I counter him? Silly mediocre player you can't now die over and over again, and start thinking if there is a lesson to be learned in this[Hint] There is no lesson here you just suck. Learn to unsuck. How? By finding someone who sucks less then you do and beating him like a rug. Well won't that be fun.
What's your definition of a medicore player? My definition of a medicore player is probably above your verdict. And the final will actually allow you to hit even more times than esf 1.2.3 in air... on the other hand you have more health points in 1.3 so far as I know

Oh no my friend, if I'm not mistaken there is an ESF manual somewhere, I've read it and successfully learned some of the basics of the game, however more reasons why the game is broken, Beam struggles always go the other guys way no matter what I try, the manual wasn't clear on what you had to do to gain the upper hand there, so no matter if I turbo or click any of the mouse buttons it still doesn't work and I still have no idea why because neither the game nor the manual give me any info on what I might be doing wrong.
Countering throws, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, why? I don't know, nothing is explained and the way the manual explains it is garbage.
There's nothing in the manual about killing people using only the simple melee consecutive hits, unless it's in the bugs section, which means....
Who told you that the manual tells you everything? Also players are allowed to develop their own techniques and go beyond what was supposed to be done if it's done in a legal way.. people found insane techniques in SC2 that weren't supposed to be in the game.. they haven't disabled that because they know only a few players learn how to and it's probably deserved then.. The reason you meet pros so often in 1.2.3 is because we aren't many left.
However most of these things have been clearly announced that they will be modified in ESF:F.

And getting back to what I was saying yeah there are many techniques you can use in this game, they are not in the manual however or they are not clear enough. So yeah I don't care, they don't actually exist if they are not in some way explained or presented to me either in the game or in the manual, they don't exist, like for example the combos that you can kinda sorta do in advanced melee, are they explained anywhere what directions you have to chose to make each character do them? Nope. Am I gonna waste countless hours finding them in this game just because they are not explained anywhere? No way, burn in hell game.
Sometimes it takes thousands of hours to become good at something, you lack patience in this.
It's a Deathmatch MMOG for Christs Sake either give me the options to shoot things, or in this case beat things up without having to break my head against the table and if need be give me options to defend myself, don't just throw a bunch of BS at me that I'm just supposed to learn like some goddamn math formulas.
I think you are over-exaggerating .. it takes a week learning the basics.. after that you develop your own style.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Afterimage = used by kid Goku meaning kid Krillin level meaning ANY character in DBZ can do this SEVERAL times.
I never said nobody CAN use them SEVERAL TIMES. I said nobody USES THEM SEVERAL TIMES. It's a whole other story.

Yes, as I said you are not "skilled" or good enough to spot this or learn how to read your enemy's style or predict a simple teleport.. it comes with time and experience .. I can do it, so could a thousand other players what's keeping you?
Don't give me an empty statistic like that where in the hell did you get one thousand people? I've never seen a hundred people play this game where in the hell did a thousand come from? Also I've seen the same people playing online all the time. Face it there's probably only ten+ of you who can do what you say. The other players probably just quit the game because in theory "nobody" wants to bother to learn the broken system from a broken game and do nothing but die.

Then go do homework or Tribes Ascend, no offence but it doesn't seem like you even want to learn. Some games are hard and it'll always be that pros are thousand times better than you, take Street Fighter for instance.
I come back to examples of sonic Free Riders: Do you think I want to learn how to lean forward to turn correctly or learn how those goddman unresponsive broken menus work? No. Same here, even if ESF is superior to that game it's still BROKEN and I'm not gonna learn how to exploit how broken it is, or how to get around the fact that it's broken. Tribes Ascend doesn't require a bunch of BS just so you can stand a change against someone and it doesn't have so many exploits that players can use to win, in fact I think the only exploit is when they sometimes release op weapons but they get fixed quickly(they do some money grubbing apparently), it requires 2 things, either become more bulky and tanky and work on your aim if you play a heavy class, become medium tank, medium fast and work on your aim if you are a medium class, or how I play it, become ridiculously fast and work on your aim if you are a light class. Home work done chief. Remind me what bunch of BS am I supposed to do in ESF 1.2.3 again just to be a mere medium player?
Also Street Fighter on the PC is BS, well some would argue it's BS all around, but on PC you just cannot do ULTRAS on some characters with keyboard it's just impossible. The conrols are just ridiculous. Thanks for bringing me another example of a game that breaks your hands if you want to do some ultras, on the characters that ultras work with the keyboard, that is. Bad game, terrible system, it's on windows live too, shame on you CUPCAKE, SHAME!

I have an easy way of chainswooping, my fingers are adjusted to it? It's an easy and comfortable system if you try to stress less you will get the controls slowly.
No, it's not it's unresponsive and annoying for no reason like the Street Fighter Combos(SHAME ON YOU CUPCAKE!), why do you think they modified it, and other things in ESF:F? Thanks ESF:F for fixing flying, now could we get flying that doesn't make your character stop after 1-3 seconds for no reason?

The more you analyse players the faster you learn how to analyse the next one, there are some people that solely improve on the same person because they adapt to his style
The more I have to do this the more a chore it becomes and I HATE CHORES. If the game, doesn't give me something I should work on and improve that's not broken, then by definition the game itself is broken, because it requires me to learn how a player plays so that I can exploit his moves against him, this may sound awesome in a game, but from competitive PVP standards it's still an exploit, no matter how you put it, and the fact that I require an exploit to beat somebody makes the game broken. The problem is, and I have to give you credit for this here, I don't see how this could be fixed in ESF:F.

If you're busy trying to figure out which button makes you recover, there's your answer already.. you need more experience to fight people that are better than you are... we have all been ass-whooped in order to become good. If you recover correctly it is VERY hard to do this on your opponent, hit to roof, land on ground do rolls there... you'll recover before hitting the ground... besides in EU max 2 hits on ground and America max 1... they won't do it, if they do THAT'S an exploit THEN we are talking about exploiting (or well the 2 ground hits is exploiting but accepted in EU)
Dude are you completely.... how in the world of (*@^&# does the first thing even work? NO and NO that's a bunch of BS right here, I'm sorry it just is. I do not NEED to get more experience to know how to recover from a throw or a hard hit. I need SOMETHING to tell me what button to press. Is it space? Is it Block? Is it attempting to swoop? I don't know all of them work but only when they want to, but they never work when you are rolling no when you roll you=dead. And who the hell told you that bedtime story where everyone respects those rules of exploit. Let me tell you out of experience, that NOBODY respects them, yeah as a mere unknown player that logs in from time to time, I've seen NOBODY respect them and the ones that "respected" them only did because they barely knew how to fly or melee in general. Unless some big name logs in a server, or someone actually verifies who respects the rule and who doesn't, a thing that doesn't actually happen because the game is dead now, then let me repeat myself NOBODY and their MOM respects these rules.

You can .. it ALWAYS works just do it correctly.. also you have to be EXTREMELY good to keep hitting with the roof or the wall .. only a few players in the game know how to and it's always been like that.
Tell me game, how do I do it correctly, what do I do game, what do I do manual? What all you have to say is nothing and a bunch of bo*****s respectively? Go F yourself game! Also what I said earlier stands, you can't recover from rolls. I hope you fixed that ESF:F, also thank you for fixing the recovering system ESF:F!

What's your definition of a medicore player? My definition of a medicore player is probably above your verdict. And the final will actually allow you to hit even more times than esf 1.2.3 in air... on the other hand you have more health points in 1.3 so far as I know.
Mediocre player,is a player like myself who read the manual but does not know those BS techniques that you have to...eeer somehow learn in order to stand a chance. A mediocre player is just above the level of a newbie. His evolved form is the Medium/Average Player who's evolved form is the Experienced player or Pro etc. Please don't confuse the term mediocre with medium. That's a different story.

MOAR HP? Thank you ESF:F!

Who told you that the manual tells you everything? Also players are allowed to develop their own techniques and go beyond what was supposed to be done if it's done in a legal way.. people found insane techniques in SC2 that weren't supposed to be in the game.. they haven't disabled that because they know only a few players learn how to and it's probably deserved then.. The reason you meet pros so often in 1.2.3 is because we aren't many left.
Aaaa that's what a manual is supposed to do this isn't Skyrim or WOW or any sort of game that is filled with secrets that have to not be mentioned in the manual, this is a deathmatch MOG for hecks sake. It has to tell me absolutely EVERYTHING, EVERYGODDAMN THING, so that I can learn it, otherwise the manual too is broken. Also I've seen some insane techniques too, they all have the same pattern though, teleport, teleport, teleport, teleport, swoop, simple melee, swoop simple melee... etc. Some people who are a bit more original may do some of the following things from time to time, either decide to throw a kiblob, or a beam, from time to time or Kamehameha on the ground and launch themselves up (and I have to admit that is actually a hilarious and fun move to do and I hope THAT, eventhough it's annoying and humiliating when you get caught into it, stays to some degree in ESF:F, if only they could make it so that players don't use them as much, by raising the ki cost of Strong beams or lowering their damage a bit.)

Sometimes it takes thousands of hours to become good at something, you lack patience in this.
You know I'm not gonna waste a thousand hours learning a broken game, if ESF:F will fix a bunch of things then maybe I'd be more willing to learn, otherwise all I'm showing here are the problems this game has.

I think you are over-exaggerating .. it takes a week learning the basics.. after that you develop your own style.
My own style? Yeah nice way to put that there, why the hell do I need my own style when everybody does the same thing don't make me go back to the teleporting or swooping, I also use pre-punches, and advanced melee, which got me banned. So chain simple meleeing that kills you is ok, because it makes you a good and skilled player. Prepunching, that may not be as skillful but they don't kill you, are a crime. Reminder you can block all prepunches by holding the q button. How do you block a chain swoop? You can't, don't bother, oh and if you dare recover somehow from somebody chain swooping you you have to lose some ki, and be vulnerable to any type of beam coming your way, because when you recover you can't immediately block, because the buttons will not respond.

So yeah my own style of charging looking for any types of clashes possible and using advanced melee is a terrible crime on some servers. God I love the stupidity of communities of fanboys like these, even if they make me want to eat my own face, I still love em somehow, cause in a way they are all the same.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually in all tribes games, if you know how to use skiing properly, you will 10 to nothing anyone not on your level ^^

Ive learned that in the times of Tribes 2.

As for ESF. Its a hard game to play. Its not the only one. Take quake for instance. A new player never stood a chance against someone who knew the game, that doesnt make it broken. That makes it hard to master.

Conserving your KI correctly is a vital skill in ESF and it will stay like that. This is not a DBZ sim as many people mistake it for. The main factor is movement, rather than fighting.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually in all tribes games, if you know how to use skiing properly, you will 10 to nothing anyone not on your level ^^

Ive learned that in the times of Tribes 2.

As for ESF. Its a hard game to play. Its not the only one. Take quake for instance. A new player never stood a chance against someone who knew the game, that doesnt make it broken. That makes it hard to master.

Conserving your KI correctly is a vital skill in ESF and it will stay like that. This is not a DBZ sim as many people mistake it for. The main factor is movement, rather than fighting.
Alright but how about that sudden stop that you make when you fly after 1-3 seconds, why is that in there?

Also I meant in the state that the game is now, ESF 1.2.3, bugs and exploits are allowed to roam free,at times unresponsive controls, uncomfortable controls, all the things I have listed in the past few comments, those are signs of a broken game no matter how you put it. If I'm not mistaken Quake had responsive controls, as few as possible bugs and exploits, that were patched on a regular basis 'm I right? Not the case in ESF since we rely on a major fix update, you could probably even call it total rebuild to fix the problems in 1.2.3 .

Don't you get me wrong, If I see a guy that beats me like a rug but does not use exploits and other BS to dominate me, only pure superior skill, I'll gladly fight him and let him beat me as much as I'm in no position to over-power him. But as of now, since I've seen nothing but Exploiters, that kill me all the time with consecutive simple melees, and either do nothing but throws+ simple melee+simple melee till I die or who use, get this, simple melee+simple melee+simple melee till I die, then yeah all I can do is tell you guys what you probably already know: "The game needs fixing!"

I'm a amateur at Tribes Ascend too, not a veteran so that means I'm quite low lvl, besides their leveling system as of now is really slow, which means I can't be bothered to play that game more then casually either, also I have no interest in paying for boosts and all that other @&# just to level faster, even if whenever I play it, I have loads of fun with it from time to time.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Dude before I answer all of your messages, +1 to Grega. Once more you are NOT experienced, you are NOT a medium skilled player if you can't even do some of the simple things here, damnit I don't like calling people bad or newbish but you are forcing my guts to sound like a jerk when I really don't want to.

I never said nobody CAN use them SEVERAL TIMES. I said nobody USES THEM SEVERAL TIMES. It's a whole other story.
CAN.. they can kill themselves as well doesn't mean they will do it.... Goku could kiblast spam all day, he could make small kamehamehas for all eternity that doesn't
Don't give me an empty statistic like that where in the hell did you get one thousand people? I've never seen a hundred people play this game where in the hell did a thousand come from? Also I've seen the same people playing online all the time. Face it there's probably only ten+ of you who can do what you say. The other players probably just quit the game because in theory "nobody" wants to bother to learn the broken system from a broken game and do nothing but die.
More than 10, I can easily confirm that, and if there really is only 10 what's your problem? There are around 10 elite players, I don't wanna know what you consider the rest then O_O!

I come back to examples of sonic Free Riders: Do you think I want to learn how to lean forward to turn correctly or learn how those goddman unresponsive broken menus work? No. Same here, even if ESF is superior to that game it's still BROKEN and I'm not gonna learn how to exploit how broken it is, or how to get around the fact that it's broken. Tribes Ascend doesn't require a bunch of BS just so you can stand a change against someone and it doesn't have so many exploits that players can use to win, in fact I think the only exploit is when they sometimes release op weapons but they get fixed quickly(they do some money grubbing apparently), it requires 2 things, either become more bulky and tanky and work on your aim if you play a heavy class, become medium tank, medium fast and work on your aim if you are a medium class, or how I play it, become ridiculously fast and work on your aim if you are a light class. Home work done chief.
Sorry but I don't know this game.

Remind me what bunch of BS am I supposed to do in ESF 1.2.3 again just to be a mere medium player?
Also Street Fighter on the PC is BS, well some would argue it's BS all around, but on PC you just cannot do ULTRAS on some characters with keyboard it's just impossible. The conrols are just ridiculous. Thanks for bringing me another example of a game that breaks your hands if you want to do some ultras, on the characters that ultras work with the keyboard, that is. Bad game, terrible system, it's on windows live too, shame on you CUPCAKE, SHAME!
In order to become a medium player in ESF you have to have had what I call step 2, after learning the basics which might and might not exist in any manual, teleswoop, chainswoop, chainangle, teleangle, angle, sharp angle, decent drifting, chainswoop teleangle, teleswoop angles. Once you have these on a decent level as you can execute them on another guy that is a (little) above a medium-level guy. After that you need some lessons in anticipation and predictability and few aiming lessons, play another 1-2 weeks and if you're a "willing-to-learn" guy you are probably there already.

About Street fighter, I agree... it's horrible on a keyboard that's why you should get a controller that works with your PC ^^
No, it's not it's unresponsive and annoying for no reason like the Street Fighter Combos(SHAME ON YOU CUPCAKE!), why do you think they modified it, and other things in ESF:F? Thanks ESF:F for fixing flying, now could we get flying that doesn't make your character stop after 1-3 seconds for no reason?
I don't think they fixed it as you want it, you seem to be wanting everything simple, so far as I heard there are more objects to take into account simultaneously than just knowing how to recover and hit back.

The more I have to do this the more a chore it becomes and I HATE CHORES. If the game, doesn't give me something I should work on and improve that's not broken, then by definition the game itself is broken, because it requires me to learn how a player plays so that I can exploit his moves against him, this may sound awesome in a game, but from competitive PVP standards it's still an exploit, no matter how you put it, and the fact that I require an exploit to beat somebody makes the game broken. The problem is, and I have to give you credit for this here, I don't see how this could be fixed in ESF:F.
Read Grega's post.. it's hard, not broken! If you don't like very similar gamestyles you will realise people are not the same at all once you learn how to analyse.
Dude are you completely.... how in the world of (*@^&# does the first thing even work? NO and NO that's a bunch of BS right here, I'm sorry it just is. I do not NEED to get more experience to know how to recover from a throw or a hard hit. I need SOMETHING to tell me what button to press. Is it space? Is it Block? Is it attempting to swoop?
Click all, right click + space and hold that down ALWAYS works no matter what (in melee) also during ps.
I don't know all of them work but only when they want to, but they never work when you are rolling no when you roll you=dead. And who the hell told you that bedtime story where everyone respects those rules of exploit. Let me tell you out of experience, that NOBODY respects them, yeah as a mere unknown player that logs in from time to time, I've seen NOBODY respect them and the ones that "respected" them only did because they barely knew how to fly or melee in general. Unless some big name logs in a server, or someone actually verifies who respects the rule and who doesn't, a thing that doesn't actually happen because the game is dead now, then let me repeat myself NOBODY and their MOM respects these rules.
95% of the EU duelist players today respect those rules and play by them. Now, let me tell you something that appears to be a secret for you. You do recover while rolling, if you have ki and recover people can't do 6 hits on you.. lucky if they do get the 2 hits on you in the first place. If you don't you can do 6-7 and probably continue but the HP will have you out of comission very fast. If not the ki.
Tell me game, how do I do it correctly, what do I do game, what do I do manual? What all you have to say is nothing and a bunch of bo*****s respectively? Go F yourself game! Also what I said earlier stands, you can't recover from rolls. I hope you fixed that ESF:F, also thank you for fixing the recovering system ESF:F!
Why do you rely everything on the manual? You do know when the game was released I don't think people expected people to take it into such an extreme degree of skill, a thing like "Teleswoop" w, teleport, w probably wasn't supposed to be there.. it happened by players intuition and motivation to learn, try get this motivation it'll be quite helpful.

Mediocre player,is a player like myself who read the manual but does not know those BS techniques that you have to...eeer somehow learn in order to stand a chance. A mediocre player is just above the level of a newbie. His evolved form is the Medium/Average Player who's evolved form is the Experienced player or Pro etc. Please don't confuse the term mediocre with medium. That's a different story.

MOAR HP? Thank you ESF:F!
Our definitions are quite different then.. and about the more HP we'll see how fun it'll be :p
Aaaa that's what a manual is supposed to do this isn't Skyrim or WOW or any sort of game that is filled with secrets that have to not be mentioned in the manual, this is a deathmatch MOG for hecks sake. It has to tell me absolutely EVERYTHING, EVERYGODDAMN THING, so that I can learn it, otherwise the manual too is broken. Also I've seen some insane techniques too, they all have the same pattern though, teleport, teleport, teleport, teleport, swoop, simple melee, swoop simple melee... etc. Some people who are a bit more original may do some of the following things from time to time, either decide to throw a kiblob, or a beam, from time to time or Kamehameha on the ground and launch themselves up (and I have to admit that is actually a hilarious and fun move to do and I hope THAT, eventhough it's annoying and humiliating when you get caught into it, stays to some degree in ESF:F, if only they could make it so that players don't use them as much, by raising the ki cost of Strong beams or lowering their damage a bit.)
Then do all that, no one stops you from doing that in public? If they ban you for that in a public server that says a lot about that admin in the first place...
Americans actually use attacks: 1,2,3 in their real duels so go for it buddy!

You know I'm not gonna waste a thousand hours learning a broken game, if ESF:F will fix a bunch of things then maybe I'd be more willing to learn, otherwise all I'm showing here are the problems this game has.
It has its flaws but it's a beauty, I have spent so many hours on it and it has got me to somewhere great!
My own style? Yeah nice way to put that there, why the hell do I need my own style when everybody does the same thing don't make me go back to the teleporting or swooping, I also use pre-punches, and advanced melee, which got me banned. So chain simple meleeing that kills you is ok, because it makes you a good and skilled player. Prepunching, that may not be as skillful but they don't kill you, are a crime. Reminder you can block all prepunches by holding the q button. How do you block a chain swoop? You can't, don't bother, oh and if you dare recover somehow from somebody chain swooping you you have to lose some ki, and be vulnerable to any type of beam coming your way, because when you recover you can't immediately block, because the buttons will not respond.
You won't be banned on my servers for that, you might be kicked in a duel or something because there's a ruleset while dueling no matter if you duel in Australia, Europe or America but in public it's alrite.
So yeah my own style of charging looking for any types of clashes possible and using advanced melee is a terrible crime on some servers. God I love the stupidity of communities of fanboys like these, even if they make me want to eat my own face, I still love em somehow, cause in a way they are all the same.
I feel the same way.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Dammit Shadi where do you get all this patience?

Puma, might aswell go play Mario if you can't handle hard games?

Or should the devs put a /win button for you in the game ?

I believe you mentioned WoW and its PvP . You clearly have no idea how WoW PvP is if you're saying it doesn't require you to adapt to your opponent.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Dammit Shadi where do you get all this patience?

Puma, might aswell go play Mario if you can't handle hard games?

Or should the devs put a /win button for you in the game ?

I believe you mentioned WoW and its PvP . You clearly have no idea how WoW PvP is if you're saying it doesn't require you to adapt to your opponent.
Well he did say he'd play if people would stop exploiting so I'm trying to prove that the game ain't that broken, even though he doesn't seem willing to learn the difficult stuff.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Well he did say he'd play if people would stop exploiting so I'm trying to prove that the game ain't that broken, even though he doesn't seem willing to learn the difficult stuff.
Indeed. He wants everything simplified...not to mention he was asking for the game to tell him on screen which button to press when.

Heck, he doesn't even know how beam struggle works. His not even trying to get into this game.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The sudden stop was there because of the small map sizes and has been removed from the final.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There are amxx mods which can give you unlimited ki, so if anyone has ever tried playing against someone with unlimited ki, it's tedious, time consuming, and frustrating. It completely changes the game into something worse.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The mod has gameplay flaws. There is no doubt about that. No on enjoys being completely helpless while playing a competitive game. There are either technical issues, like glitches and exploits, or balance issues, resulting in new players being completely decimated.

No new player is going to keep playing the game just for the sake of getting better at it, if his initial experiences with it aren't fun. Making a good game doesn't require you to strip the combat system off its depth or finesse. A player should always have a chance to retaliate back to his opponent, unless the opponent is exceptionally good at dodging. Just watching yourself tumbling to your death everytime you respawn isn't really an enticing prospect.

I am being very critical right now, even though I know 90% of the game is nothing like what I've mentioned. But the fact this it still turns me off everytime I try to play isn't really making me all that interested at getting better at the game.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you suggest be done about that Z Power? I can't speak for the new version that's coming out, but I do agree with you that ESF 1.2.3 is not noob friendly. The thing is, though, I don't really know what you can do to make it easier for new players to pick up without drastically changing the game. I suppose you can go a short way by making the interface slightly easier to learn (for example, right now if you get hit, you have to hold left click in order to recover. New players don't know about this, though, so why not just make recovering automatic?) That type of thing wouldn't really solve the problem, though.

I think that, at the end of the day, people are always going to have a hard time trying to learn ESF because it's literally unlike any other game in existence. Efforts to design portions of the game around new players will inevitably fail because of how different the game's core mechanics are. Look at advanced melee in ESF 1.2.3. I'd argue that it's irrelevant for the new players because they still have to master the core mechanics of the game before they can even experience that system (that is, how do you fly, how do you swoop, wtf is recharging, how do you transform, wtf you can teleport?... that sort of thing) and the experienced players hate it because that's not ESF, that's something designed to appeal to new players.

I will end with a note of positivity. I think one of the things contributing to the learning curve and the skill gap in ESF is double tapping to swoop. The next version has a one button swoop which is a lot more intuitive and friendlier to new players, so hopefully that helps.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
While we're all on this rant, would a quick tutorial when you start ESF be so hard to implement?

I don't care either way honestly, I love figuring things out for myself and seeing new features for the first time, and in general, learning, and I'm pretty good at 1.2.3 as it is.

NNK had a tutorial, I can assume ESF has the same capability.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Last I heard there will be a tutorial.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I can make it, I just need a movie maker. Add shadi1337 if you're interested .. please leave a forum pm I literally have 10 people added me daily.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Last I heard there will be a tutorial.
So Why the QQ about difficulty and non-noob friendliness?

A tutorial should be enough.

If you can't figure it out from there...lol

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you suggest be done about that Z Power? I can't speak for the new version that's coming out, but I do agree with you that ESF 1.2.3 is not noob friendly. The thing is, though, I don't really know what you can do to make it easier for new players to pick up without drastically changing the game. I suppose you can go a short way by making the interface slightly easier to learn (for example, right now if you get hit, you have to hold left click in order to recover. New players don't know about this, though, so why not just make recovering automatic?) That type of thing wouldn't really solve the problem, though.

I think that, at the end of the day, people are always going to have a hard time trying to learn ESF because it's literally unlike any other game in existence. Efforts to design portions of the game around new players will inevitably fail because of how different the game's core mechanics are. Look at advanced melee in ESF 1.2.3. I'd argue that it's irrelevant for the new players because they still have to master the core mechanics of the game before they can even experience that system (that is, how do you fly, how do you swoop, wtf is recharging, how do you transform, wtf you can teleport?... that sort of thing) and the experienced players hate it because that's not ESF, that's something designed to appeal to new players.

I will end with a note of positivity. I think one of the things contributing to the learning curve and the skill gap in ESF is double tapping to swoop. The next version has a one button swoop which is a lot more intuitive and friendlier to new players, so hopefully that helps.
The two difficulties I've had with playing are movement, and enemy location. My first suggestion would've been what you said last. That double tap is the most annoying thing I've done ever. Movement should be intuitive and fluid. You shouldn't have to worry about what key you should be pressing next to do what you want. Instead, it should come naturally as you pay most of your attention to your enemy's positioning. The double tap messes things up immensely. You miss one tap (Or it doesn't register), or press it thrice, and you are just floating along as an easy picking.

The other main issue is focusing on other players. The game is maybe a bit too fast paced in that regard but it is extremely hard to keep your target in view when you both are super close to each other. The Z axis is the culprit here. It is because of this reason you are always locked on to the other player in the Tenkaichi series. Playing without lockon would be both players spending more time searching for each other than fighting. Some sort of lock on IS needed. Otherwise it is just too hard to focus on other players. 360 degrees in both xy and xz plane is a complicated thing to navigate.

From what I've seen in Final, both these issues are being paid proper attention to. So I'll just have faith in the Devs and see how the deal with the issues I've mentioned.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
The two difficulties I've had with playing are movement, and enemy location. My first suggestion would've been what you said last. That double tap is the most annoying thing I've done ever. Movement should be intuitive and fluid. You shouldn't have to worry about what key you should be pressing next to do what you want. Instead, it should come naturally as you pay most of your attention to your enemy's positioning. The double tap messes things up immensely. You miss one tap (Or it doesn't register), or press it thrice, and you are just floating along as an easy picking.
I really don't understand where all these problems are coming from? I had that in the first 1-2 months I played... VERY rare that it happens now.

The other main issue is focusing on other players. The game is maybe a bit too fast paced in that regard but it is extremely hard to keep your target in view when you both are super close to each other. The Z axis is the culprit here. It is because of this reason you are always locked on to the other player in the Tenkaichi series. Playing without lockon would be both players spending more time searching for each other than fighting. Some sort of lock on IS needed. Otherwise it is just too hard to focus on other players. 360 degrees in both xy and xz plane is a complicated thing to navigate.
Easy for me to be honest with you. Only a few players manage to get completely out of my aim, the better you are the more you spot.

From what I've seen in Final, both these issues are being paid proper attention to. So I'll just have faith in the Devs and see how the deal with the issues I've mentioned.
Double tap is indeed removed.. but it never was hard if you wanted to learn.. the people that didn't want to learn gave up fast .. and there were a lot of those.
The other thing I hope the lockon doesn't do anything more than telling you where your enemy is... and right now the radar and intuition is much more than you'll ever need .. but well 1.3 will have more speed so I guess it's aight?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So Why the QQ about difficulty and non-noob friendliness?

A tutorial should be enough.

If you can't figure it out from there...lol
^This. If there's a good tutorial no need to worry bros.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't understand where all these problems are coming from? I had that in the first 1-2 months I played... VERY rare that it happens now.
Which coincides with my earlier point.

No new player is going to keep playing the game just for the sake of getting better at it, if his initial experiences with it aren't fun.
Experience makes everything easier. But my annoyances are aimed at those initial gaming sessions.

Easy for me to be honest with you. Only a few players manage to get completely out of my aim, the better you are the more you spot.
As I've said before, the more you play the game, the easier it becomes to both, observe enemy movement, and then predict it. But the problem comes when you are first trying to learn to observe movement. Instead you have to end up worrying about just getting out of those surprise hits that come out of friggin nowhere.

Double tap is indeed removed.. but it never was hard if you wanted to learn.. the people that didn't want to learn gave up fast .. and there were a lot of those.
Which is where all my issues come from.

The other thing I hope the lockon doesn't do anything more than telling you where your enemy is... and right now the radar and intuition is much more than you'll ever need .. but well 1.3 will have more speed so I guess it's aight?
Lock on will need to be done right. Extremely static lock ons will hurt the game more than none. You will be locked in a specific view unable to retaliate at anything outside your field of view. Some kind of soft lock on that just follows your target enemy's general direction, and which is also automatic, will probably work best.

My quips are primarily aimed at making general playthrough better, instead of making it so that you have to invest some specific amount of time to be able to even play the game without watching your character die gruesomely again and again every few seconds. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your fun in the beginning to have some indeterminate amount of fun later. That is just bad gameplay design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom