Ki(energy) consumption in ESF:F

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok hopefully I didn't post this in the wrong place. So I've done a quick search as much as my patience allowed me to through the forum and I didn't find a topic like this, at least not with the same title(I'm still lazy sue me, and I also want to make sure to get this info faster no matter what)

How much ki or energy or whatever it's called if the simple task of flying gonna consume?

Now there will also be a little suggestion here, but before that I gotta say a few things. Ok so we charge a powerful attack like the Kamehameha , spirit bomb, final flash... etc we fire them and then we need a recharge right? Perfectly reasonable and pretty normal as most DBZ game standards go. All fine here. But what the heck is up with the flying? I mean we play as these really powerful beings that shake the earth beneath them when they clash, yet they can't even run a mile (or hell possibly even worse: a few meters) without having to stop and recharge? Burta must be having a hell of a laugh at us.

So what I'm saying is this: is it possible to reduce the cost of flying to a degree so that we could fly from one end to another of the largest map, without having to recharge not even once even when we just start with the basic powerlevel (for example: a fresh Krillin, that, if I'm not mistaken has the lowest starting powerlevel of 600.000 ki should be able to fly no problem from one end of the largest map tho the other without having the need to recharge not even once) because seriously now that I think about it we are even the laughing stock even for Yamcha, when it comes to flying in this game.

Has this ever been considered before? Is it terribly balance breaking, and if so how? I sure as hell don't see, at least not until I'll be given a reasonable argument, how it could be, if we could fly some more (remember I'm focusing strictly on the flying here nothing else).

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the game has been balanced perfectly yet. They have made rough values to test for when they are testing it. For eg. in the recent gameplay video I'm pretty sure either everyone had huge amounts of health or the damage of the Final Flash needs adjusting. I think it will take a while to play around with the values till they will find the right balance in Health, Ki Consumption, Damage, Speed and the like for actual use in the release.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its there so that the fights dont look like 2 flies dancing round in the air the entire day. Face it. Between 2 skilled people hits only happen when one messes up their KI management.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Its there so that the fights dont look like 2 flies dancing round in the air the entire day. Face it. Between 2 skilled people hits only happen when one messes up their KI management.
I think counters work more than people running out of ki (however, that also happens often)

In addition, there are experienced ESF players in the team I'm sure with our suggestions and their intuition they will build a game with balanced ki. (A tip to you guys, I hear you play with unlimited ki .. maybe you should start stopping that in order to see how fast ki runs out when you play for real so you can find a decent balance while being close to the time of release)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We dont play with unlimited KI ^^

The Ki is kinda weird ATM. Beams usually cant even be fully charged while you can swoop for long periods of time ^^

But yea first thing is first. Before we can start making adjustments to KI settings, we need everything that uses KI in the game for comparison.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmm wish there was a better way of balancing this. ,,Fly around a bit, oh god I'm so tired*breathes heavily* ,,Hold E" Fly around a little bit more, *breaths heavily* oh god not again." It just doesn't seem to cut it. It feels like were a bunch of fat/skinny Gotenks or worse a bunch of Yajirobe's.

Ah well,sad, I guess a major gripe just has to remain, and surprisingly it's because most skilled players are cowards(other wise known as strategists,but no sayian that respects himself would ever accept such a term)...avoiding attacks by mass teleporting and flying around all the time,getting their target to weaken, only attacking when they know their target has no ki left and needs to recharge, hmm must be one of a few people, who prefers to charge like a bull, even if I know the target is not weak. I guess my dream of lots of head to head clashing in ESF:F will have to remain just that, dreams.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hmm wish there was a better way of balancing this. ,,Fly around a bit, oh god I'm so tired*breathes heavily* ,,Hold E" Fly around a little bit more, *breaths heavily* oh god not again." It just doesn't seem to cut it. It feels like were a bunch of fat/skinny Gotenks or worse a bunch of Yajirobe's.

Ah well,sad, I guess a major gripe just has to remain, and surprisingly it's because most skilled players are cowards(other wise known as strategists,but no sayian that respects himself would ever accept such a term)...avoiding attacks by mass teleporting and flying around all the time,getting their target to weaken, only attacking when they know their target has no ki left and needs to recharge, hmm must be one of a few people, who prefers to charge like a bull, even if I know the target is not weak. I guess my dream of lots of head to head clashing in ESF:F will have to remain just that, dreams.
Aggressive players seem to have a better advantage in 1.3 so if that's your type of style you might be able to get higher on the list this time

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The Ki is kinda weird ATM. Beams usually cant even be fully charged while you can swoop for long periods of time ^^

But yea first thing is first. Before we can start making adjustments to KI settings, we need everything that uses KI in the game for comparison.
Well doesn't that just mean that the beams need different values for their Ki Consumption?

I love how everything seems to fall in place in ESF:F now that gameplay is pretty much sorted.^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Aggressive players seem to have a better advantage in 1.3 so if that's your type of style you might be able to get higher on the list this time
I don't give a rats **** about rising in some ELO or get into tournaments or whatever thanks to a new system.

All I want is to actually feel like I'm playing a Vegeta, Goku, Cell, Frieza etc, and be able to fly a little more through the air without having to stop once every ~15 seconds if you just started playing Krillin (the lowest powerlevel 600.000) ~16 seconds for Vegeta, Goku slighlty more for Cell if you just started playing them (lowest powerlevel 700.000 750.000 and 900.000) and ~17 seconds for Buu (1.250.000), I've actually tested these right now and the test meant only flying in a straight line. It's also ridiculous. I'm also hoping (how come I never noticed this before) that in ESF:F the characters don't just stop after ~1-3 seconds after they fly.

The requirement of recharging is still ridiculous but at least can something be done so that we could fly for those 13, 14, 15 (I decreased the seconds I mentioned earlier here and that's because when you fly in 1.2.3 you waste a bit of time pressing the buttons to fly again because your character keeps stopping) in a straight line without stopping every 1-3 seconds, or is that another ridiculous thing I will have to endure because nyaa pro people hate clashing and prefer to win all the time so all they do is DOOOOOOOOODGE!

[video=youtube;6npO-NoOPOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg[/video]

and attack out of nowhere... yeah another reason why I don't give a damn of becoming a pro at this game. I'm just fine as a casual player who charges like a bull, and expects a nice clash TYVM.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I don't give a rats **** about rising in some ELO or get into tournaments or whatever thanks to a new system.

All I want is to actually feel like I'm playing a Vegeta, Goku, Cell, Frieza etc, and be able to fly a little more through the air without having to stop once every ~15 seconds if you just started playing Krillin (the lowest powerlevel 600.000) ~16 seconds for Vegeta, Goku slighlty more for Cell if you just started playing them (lowest powerlevel 700.000 750.000 and 900.000) and ~17 seconds for Buu (1.250.000), I've actually tested these right now and the test meant only flying in a straight line. It's also ridiculous. I'm also hoping (how come I never noticed this before) that in ESF:F the characters don't just stop after ~1-3 seconds after they fly.

The requirement of recharging is still ridiculous but at least can something be done so that we could fly for those 13, 14, 15 (I decreased the seconds I mentioned earlier here and that's because when you fly in 1.2.3 you waste a bit of time pressing the buttons to fly again because your character keeps stopping) in a straight line without stopping every 1-3 seconds, or is that another ridiculous thing I will have to endure because nyaa pro people hate clashing and prefer to win all the time so all they do is DOOOOOOOOODGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

and attack out of nowhere... yeah another reason why I don't give a damn of becoming a pro at this game. I'm just fine as a casual player who charges like a bull, and expects a nice clash TYVM.
If you had longer time to fly in ESF 1.2.3 or more teleports it would be pretty unbalanced, I don't know about the final since it ain't the same game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you had longer time to fly in ESF 1.2.3 or more teleports it would be pretty unbalanced, I don't know about the final since it ain't the same game.
Teleports? Don't even get me started on those. I know they belong to DBZ lore, but they are an absolute terrible system and should not be implemented in any game unless it's something along the lines of flash in LoL, it saves your life in a very critical situation once, if you know when to use it or if they can be somewhat more controlled or scripted, but otherwise good god no, teleporting on a open field? Terrible, bad system, no matter how you put it. If anything should be done about them, they should cost more ki the more your powerlevel grows cause it is just ridiculous and ludicrous what you can do with those blasted things. I've seen people teleport about 5-6 times and then still have enough power to launch a Kamehameha/or Special Beam Cannon when they were at a certain high power level. WHAT IN THE @#&(^* and that was on normal esf not on esf ecx blargh.

So your telling me more flying breaks the game? Yeah right. You should at most, and I mean this seriously, at most teleport 3 times and it should almost completely drain your ki after the third one no matter what powerlevel, if not as I said teleporting should be changed into something more scripted or more controlled if people really want to teleport a lot.

I might make a suggestion for the devs about the teleport and how it could be changed so that it should not be as terrible as it is now, but not knowing what the devs have in mind for it and not knowing if devs even take in consideration any suggestions at all, at this time when they work on ESF:F... so since I hate wasting my breath, so fiddlesticks.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Teleports? Don't even get me started on those. I know they belong to DBZ lore, but they are an absolute terrible system and should not be implemented in any game unless it's something along the lines of flash in LoL, it saves your life in a very critical situation once, if you know when to use it or if they can be somewhat more controlled or scripted, but otherwise good god no, teleporting on a open field? Terrible, bad system, no matter how you put it. If anything should be done about them, they should cost more ki the more your powerlevel grows cause it is just ridiculous and ludicrous what you can do with those blasted things. I've seen people teleport about 5-6 times and then still have enough power to launch a Kamehameha/or Special Beam Cannon when they were at a certain high power level. WHAT IN THE @#&(^* and that was on normal esf not on esf ecx blargh.

So your telling me more flying breaks the game? Yeah right. You should at most, and I mean this seriously, at most teleport 3 times and it should almost completely drain your ki after the third one no matter what powerlevel, if not as I said teleporting should be changed into something more scripted or more controlled if people really want to teleport a lot.

I might make a suggestion for the devs about the teleport and how it could be changed so that it should not be as terrible as it is now, but not knowing what the devs have in mind for it and not knowing if devs even take in consideration any suggestions at all, at this time when they work on ESF:F... so since I hate wasting my breath, so fiddlesticks.
How is teleport unbalanced? If you know how to drift you can catch any teleporter 50 times before you run out of ki considering he had enough ki to ever teleport 50 times. You can't even do that many teleports on ECX consecutively non-stop with any character .. not even Evil Gogeta (7th and last transformation within a fusion) can do that. The teleports have made the game far, far, far more free and greater leaving more opportunities to trick, out-speed, out-smart, catch your enemy, dodge your enemy .. you can keep me going. Without teleports the game would have been so much of the same and the slow players would have much more advantage than they already have. It's not terrible now, it's fantastic.

Flash in LoL??? I don't play leauge of legends therefore I can't really comprehend your "imagery" I am glad that's an opinion you're stating and not a fact .. and I'm pretty sure a lot of people go against that opinion.. teleport is a fantastic thing. Telesense is horrible but that's ecx and has nothing to do with the game.

And yes being able to swoop for much longer than already possible would make the recharge button so useless and people with no ki-control (apparently a guy like you) would be able to be so much better.. it's much more funnier when you have to take more things into account than simply swooping and focusing on your enemy.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And yes being able to swoop for much longer than already possible would make the recharge button so useless and people with no ki-control (apparently a guy like you) would be able to be so much better.. it's much more funnier when you have to take more things into account than simply swooping and focusing on your enemy.
Not if you spend it on recharging after teleports and abilities like the Kamehameha, Final Flash etc, how is it useless if you would have to recharge after you use a really powerful attack, how will it be useless if you have to recharge after fighting (by the way does ,,E" recharge the newly implemented stamina as well?), how will it be useless if you have to recharge after teleporting, how will it be useless just because, as I suggested, you won't be needing it that much just for flying. The way you see it teleport is a wonderful thing, the way i see it is as a no-skill tool that can be overused just so the skilled player would have no such thing as a challenge from anybody that can't match his skills. This means all he has to do is use his skills to beat the living hell out of every unskilled player in a server, raise his PL and then never be challenged ever by any of the unskilled players. Why? Cause they have no chance against him? Why? Well, can they attack him? No, unless he's an imbecile, he'll just teleport away a lot, can they do the same thing? No he has more PL. So instead of having to work to stay on top, all he has to do is mash the hell out of the teleport button and attack when he sees that his opponents have no ki left, no effort or thinking are required anymore here. It's like taking a vacation from actually trying your best to play and stay on top. Possible counter to what you said: How is the game more complex, when you can exploit the teleport system just by doing some routine moves. Teleport, quick recharge, teleport, quick recharge, teleport, quick recharge, oh he doesn't have ki left, teleport swoop, simple melee, swoop, simple melee, (sometimes)swoop, simple melee some more, swoop simple melee some more, (and if he somehow survived this many hits) swoop, simple melee finisher, recharge, teleport..., rinse and repeat(unless something unexpected happens, another pro player, rare considering the state of this game now). This is exactly how all pros go when they reach a high powerlevel.

This is how I see teleport, well every damn time I log in anywhere in a server where a game has been going on for some time, makes me sick. As I said I've been thinking of a way to keep the teleport as it is but without it being the lazy mans way out of trouble, but since I get the feeling suggestions have the value of a banana at this stage, and due to the fact that, I'm sure the devs are pretty busy as it is anyway, I won't waste my time making it.

Since you don't know how that game works I'll tell you how it works there it's an ability that can save your a** if you are in a tight situation by teleporting somewhere, after the teleport is done it goes into a long cooldown and this ability is most useful if used at the right place at the right time, I was only using the Flash from that game as an example as there aren't any other competitive MMO's I could think of, that allow you to teleport, gee I wonder why. I also wonder why there are no famous competitive mmo's that allow you to teleport when ever the hell you want in what direction place, etc you want. I'm still trying to think of one...

Last edited:
Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i agree only on one thing,fly should be Ki free,because on dragon ball as far as i see and know,they fly whenever they want,not when they have ki.However in ESF 1.2.3 ive observed that flight doesnt consume KI,correct me if im wrong.peace.

Discord Member
Best answers
i honestly don't udnerstand why flying/swooping should take so much ki up anyways. in canon the fighters were able to fly across teh whole damn world without charging up once .... and some at turbo speed for loong long periods of time. if u want the game's balance to b about ki consumption and management, i don't thinking flying around/swooping should b a part of the main factors of that. a good fight doesnt have to b one that ends in a few seconds ... seeing 2 ppl go at it for a while at a time is pretty sick too, seeing em fly around, and only clashes take away ki, now that's something i think would b epic. gives a much more solid game, more chance for comebacks and back n forth struggle. it would b kinda lame if u lost a fight just because u were the first to run out of ki from just flying around each other. focus on ki consumption should b on being from hits (believe it or not, hitting someone uses up KI) , teleports, abilities, and other stuff like that. flying around (fast) should b something we have at our commands at all times, except when our ki is too low to a certain point.

Last edited:
Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Not if you spend it on recharging after teleports and abilities like the Kamehameha, Final Flash etc, how is it useless if you would have to recharge after you use a really powerful attack, how will it be useless if you have to recharge after fighting (by the way does ,,E" recharge the newly implemented stamina as well?), how will it be useless if you have to recharge after teleporting, how will it be useless just because, as I suggested, you won't be needing it that much just for flying. The way you see it teleport is a wonderful thing, the way i see it is as a no-skill tool that can be overused just so the skilled player would have no such thing as a challenge from anybody that can't match his skills. This means all he has to do is use his skills to beat the living hell out of every unskilled player in a server, raise his PL and then never be challenged ever by any of the unskilled players. Why? Cause they have no chance against him? Why? Well, can they attack him? No, unless he's an imbecile, he'll just teleport away a lot, can they do the same thing? No he has more PL. So instead of having to work to stay on top, all he has to do is mash the hell out of the teleport button and attack when he sees that his opponents have no ki left, no effort or thinking are required anymore here. It's like taking a vacation from actually trying your best to play and stay on top. Possible counter to what you said: How is the game more complex, when you can exploit the teleport system just by doing some routine moves. Teleport, quick recharge, teleport, quick recharge, teleport, quick recharge, oh he doesn't have ki left, teleport swoop, simple melee, swoop, simple melee, (sometimes)swoop, simple melee some more, swoop simple melee some more, (and if he somehow survived this many hits) swoop, simple melee finisher, recharge, teleport..., rinse and repeat(unless something unexpected happens, another pro player, rare considering the state of this game now). This is exactly how all pros go when they reach a high powerlevel.

This is how I see teleport, well every damn time I log in anywhere in a server where a game has been going on for some time, makes me sick. As I said I've been thinking of a way to keep the teleport as it is but without it being the lazy mans way out of trouble, but since I get the feeling suggestions have the value of a banana at this stage, and due to the fact that, I'm sure the devs are pretty busy as it is anyway, I won't waste my time making it.

Since you don't know how that game works I'll tell you how it works there it's an ability that can save your a** if you are in a tight situation by teleporting somewhere, after the teleport is done it goes into a long cooldown and this ability is most useful if used at the right place at the right time, I was only using the Flash from that game as an example as there aren't any other competitive MMO's I could think of, that allow you to teleport, gee I wonder why. I also wonder why there are no famous competitive mmo's that allow you to teleport when ever the hell you want in what direction place, etc you want. I'm still trying to think of one...
I'm starting to doubt that we've had anywhere near the same experience, in fact I am starting to think we are playing different games?

I meant for the melee, not for the beams that the button would be quite useless.

If everything should be like it is in the anime then we should also be able to destroy the map with 1 beam because we've reached the first state of transformation? We need to find a varied balance and that's not by limiting teleport so much that you can't even do 3 of them without charging. While in the manga people can teleport from PLANETS TO PLANETS using a simple technique. In fact the teleport isn't a teleport it's an after-image, Goku could as a kid perform several of these, why wouldn't he be able to do that as a grown up man? Oh wait...

What do you mean teleport is a noskill move?! It's one of the most difficult moves to place a perfectly planned teleport angle. Those linear teleport lines are easy to counter with a simple swoop, in fact I fear the swoop more by FAR if my enemy is familiar with how to use the swoops dangerous. In fact the swoops are more dangerous because they counter teleports, you have better control over them and you can angle with them. Excuse me have you ever tried anything else than forward swooping at your enemy since you underestimate swoop that damn much? If they have more PL that doesn't mean they can travel further distances at all, it depends on the transformation and in 1.2.3 teleports are limited no matter who you are...

If people only count on their teleports I bet my ass that I will prove to you that their style is broken, even some of the best teleporters in game (Kami, Tribute) have a lot of flaws in their ability of teleporting .. Tribute is a BEAST when it comes to teleportation, yet we're all able to land good hits on him? Because teleport is actually easy to counter if you give it a thought it can't outdo a swoop headon. Yes, teleports can save your ass in dire situations, so can swoops what's your point? They can also get you to be in a pinch because a lot of people's teleports are predictable, swoop to the direction he teleports and you're there at approximately the same time that he's there with his teleport and since you're already swooping he's at a huge disadvantage.

You say "exploit" I say play the game as it was supposed to be played, you can do several basic melee hits and that's how the developers made it and that's how they intend to make it again hopefully. (Looking at the melee video it's possible)

Teleporting as your major move will easily put you at a disadvantage I think you have a lot to learn about ESF. No offence meant with any of my words but I think you lack some knowledge of how far the game can go with all kinds of techniques you seem to overrate teleports.

If you try to take the ability of teleportation to the same level as those "noskill" guy you'll realise how difficult and skillful it actually is.

Now I know LoL is the same "kind" of game as Dota I just don't know the names of the attacks, and in those games it's natural that you can't constantly teleport around without the cost of something because it's not like ESF at all.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a little bit of info

Powerlevel does not increase your KI or your speed. It only increases the damage output and amount of damage you receive.

The only thing that affects your speed and KI reserves are transformations.

And intended melee cap was 2. Bouncing people off the ceiling or rolling them on the ground was not really in the design ^^;

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm starting to doubt that we've had anywhere near the same experience, in fact I am starting to think we are playing different games?
Nope it's the same, you view exploits as being part of a game, I view them as being broken

If everything should be like it is in the anime then we should also be able to destroy the map with 1 beam because we've reached the first state of transformation? We need to find a varied balance and that's not by limiting teleport so much that you can't even do 3 of them without charging. While in the manga people can teleport from PLANETS TO PLANETS using a simple technique. In fact the teleport isn't a teleport it's an after-image, Goku could as a kid perform several of these, why wouldn't he be able to do that as a grown up man? Oh wait...
First of nobody uses teleport if they are weak in the show. They only use it when they are just as strong as the opponent the idea I would suggest, has a little bit to do with that principle, only slightly changed..
Also only Goku and Cell learned to teleport from PLANETS TO PLANETS. As for the last part of this comment: It's what I said before nobody just teleports all the time while another just chases him down, and if they do those kind of things they do it moderately, also if they teleport all around the place it's when they just keep hitting themselves so fast that they clash in different places all the time.

What do you mean teleport is a noskill move?! It's one of the most difficult moves to place a perfectly planned teleport angle. Those linear teleport lines are easy to counter with a simple swoop, in fact I fear the swoop more by FAR if my enemy is familiar with how to use the swoops dangerous. In fact the swoops are more dangerous because they counter teleports, you have better control over them and you can angle with them. Excuse me have you ever tried anything else than forward swooping at your enemy since you underestimate swoop that damn much? If they have more PL that doesn't mean they can travel further distances at all, it depends on the transformation and in 1.2.3 teleports are limited no matter who you are...
Some people use teleport plus right to go in the direction right then at another turn, they use teleport plus space(if it's actually possible) to go up and and then maybe they will use teleport plus forward to go behind you. How in the name of Bananas am I supposed to guess where someone has gone when he completely disappeared. Are you telling me that to counter a move like this that requires 2 buttons to use, that apparently is skillful because it gives you choice of disappearing, I am going to have A recognize the player B Learn what directions he generally uses when he ports C Somehow learn to use that against him? Whaaaaaat? This means that the game is nothing but a horrid, excruciating chore, I'm sorry if that's the case then I'm just better of doing Homework for school. Don't give me such garbage BS just so I can be able to not get the jingles beat out of me, give me some sort of a system to help me counter it what in the hell and give him something to worry about when he gets attacked, is being a casual player, that just likes to log in once a week play a match or 2 of this game and not have to learn a bunch of BS strategies that are more or less guess work, memorizing that BS so that I can play, such a terrible crime? Jeez Tribes Ascend is more welcoming to people then this, and that game requires some serious skills to hit a damn target.
Also I forgot to mention If you fly and then switch directions, it is done in the most horrible way possible in this version of the game (that's one of the reasons why I don't change directions to often, because doing that requires you to stress your left hand like hell, also the controls, because of the way they work are somewhat unresponsive which makes this simple process even more excruciating. Basic principle of making a game that is supposed to be respected in every quality game out there, if the game makes you uncomfortable it's BROKEN, BROKEN (search on Google Angry Joes Sonic Free Riders, and example of an uncomfortable game to play because of the way controls work Final Verdict: Broken, it's also a damn funny review, had a lot of fun watching him rage) (reason number 2 why I prefer flying straight, o let me see... a wait I remember, you lose some KI when you change a direction! Shocking isn't it?)

If people only count on their teleports I bet my ass that I will prove to you that their style is broken, even some of the best teleporters in game (Kami, Tribute) have a lot of flaws in their ability of teleporting .. Tribute is a BEAST when it comes to teleportation, yet we're all able to land good hits on him? Because teleport is actually easy to counter if you give it a thought it can't outdo a swoop headon.
Guess work, nothing for sure, just more guess work and more guess work.
Here learn about this guy insert player name here he likes to teleport like this in this direction once you learn his moves you can beat him.
{Chore has been given. Accept?}
/ Yes X No

You say "exploit" I say play the game as it was supposed to be played, you can do several basic melee hits and that's how the developers made it and that's how they intend to make it again hopefully. (Looking at the melee video it's possible)
Supposed to be played? Huh you mean to tell me that if I get hit once , just once with a simple melee attack and then even happen to be in the situation that i get hit again and again in the air then I reach the ground and I start rolling and so I get hit again and again because you can get hit when you roll and I, as the victim, can do absolutely NOTHING, NADA to react to him, I can't hit him back because I'm either busy trying to figure out which button makes me stop crashing to the ground, a button that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work, also once I start rolling I can't for the life of me recover from it, there just is no way so all I can do is just sit and watch myself as I get killed all because I got hit once, because as I've seen if you get hit consecutively 5-6 times with simple melee you are dead, all that just because of one hit. Nope, no matter how the hell you put it that is an exploit, it's like glitching a WOW boss into a wall so that he can't move but you can still attack him and kill him effortlessly, it's the same thing here. I can't move or do shiz so I'm basically glitched and he just hits away on me. Nope that's an exploit and if it's a game mechanic then it's just garbage and it needs urgent fixing. People are supposed to be able to do something to defend themselves in those situations. If those are brought in the ESF:F and you can't defend yourself against a simple melee them or fight back, then that settles it. ESF:F will be pure garbage too, because this way nobody would use advanced melee, why would they when they can kill their target just with simple melees 60% of the time and all that after just one strike. It means the game is reduced to this: use this move to win. If enemy player is unskilled you win, if he's just as good as you, maybe you get some joy, if hes better then you your dead, oh what you say how can I counter him? Silly mediocre player you can't now die over and over again, and start thinking if there is a lesson to be learned in this[Hint] There is no lesson here you just suck. Learn to unsuck. How? By finding someone who sucks less then you do and beating him like a rug. Well won't that be fun.

Teleporting as your major move will easily put you at a disadvantage I think you have a lot to learn about ESF. No offence meant with any of my words but I think you lack some knowledge of how far the game can go with all kinds of techniques you seem to overrate teleports.
Oh no my friend, if I'm not mistaken there is an ESF manual somewhere, I've read it and successfully learned some of the basics of the game, however more reasons why the game is broken, Beam struggles always go the other guys way no matter what I try, the manual wasn't clear on what you had to do to gain the upper hand there, so no matter if I turbo or click any of the mouse buttons it still doesn't work and I still have no idea why because neither the game nor the manual give me any info on what I might be doing wrong.
Countering throws, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, why? I don't know, nothing is explained and the way the manual explains it is garbage.
There's nothing in the manual about killing people using only the simple melee consecutive hits, unless it's in the bugs section, which means....
However most of these things have been clearly announced that they will be modified in ESF:F.

And getting back to what I was saying yeah there are many techniques you can use in this game, they are not in the manual however or they are not clear enough. So yeah I don't care, they don't actually exist if they are not in some way explained or presented to me either in the game or in the manual, they don't exist, like for example the combos that you can kinda sorta do in advanced melee, are they explained anywhere what directions you have to chose to make each character do them? Nope. Am I gonna waste countless hours finding them in this game just because they are not explained anywhere? No way, burn in hell game.

It's a Deathmatch MMOG for Christs Sake either give me the options to shoot things, or in this case beat things up without having to break my head against the table and if need be give me options to defend myself, don't just throw a bunch of BS at me that I'm just supposed to learn like some goddamn math formulas.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I can clearly see this problem from both sides.

Admitedly, being able to fly only 15 seconds is weird and unrealistic. While I WOULD like being able to swoop for far greater distances I do realise that this would break the game's balance (basically people would chase each other for eternity lol).

So yeah, UNLESS we or the team finds some way to add this without breaking the balance then probably flying/swooping is going to stay how it is and for good reason. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I can clearly see this problem from both sides.

Admitedly, being able to fly only 15 seconds is weird and unrealistic. While I WOULD like being able to swoop for far greater distances I do realise that this would break the game's balance (basically people would chase each other for eternity lol).

So yeah, UNLESS we or the team finds some way to add this without breaking the balance then probably flying/swooping is going to stay how it is and for good reason. :p
The only thing I see that could be done about this is If people grow some Basketballs and start clashing each other head on some more. Otherwise yea. Pffegh can we get some bots in ESF:F that are challenging but also a bunch of charging bulls. That would make my day, because the way I like to play this game, is by doing a lot of clashes and charge head on not some fancy smancy oooo I'm gonna bounce of the ground to confuse you oooo I'm gonna teleport somewhere and waste your ki oooo I'm gonna Kamehameha the ground and launch myself upward, just to get away from you, ooo I'm gonnga attack now because you are defenseless as you recharge your ki, because the game sometimes feels responsive sometimes not.(whish there was some barf emote)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom