Kao ken attack?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Goku uses kaioken constantly in the fight with vegeta , only hes Kaioken kamehameha is more then his body could handle , same as the freeza fight , constant kaioken ... dont post fights of where he is supposed to use it , search further in the serie for flashbacks to a certain fight , then u will hear king kai say and see that he is using kaioken constantly....

-------------
Vegeta's PL was stated to be 18 K while Goku without Kaioken at max was 8 K.....they started fighting and it was apparent Vegeta's stronger, then Vegeta mocked Goku and told him "this isn't how you defeated Nappa, show me your full power Kakarot" leaving Goku to reply "Ok then, I'll show you" afterward he used Kaioken, he was then able to land few punches to Vegeta, but Vegeta was able to counter it and even laughed it off... "If that's your best, then I'm disappointed"

Vegeta eventually powered up to his max which's 18 K (He was probably suppressed before) and began stomping Goku...Goku used Kaio-ken X2 immediately but was still outclassed and stated "I can't keep up even with Kaio-ken X2"....it wasn't until he used Kaio-ken X3 he was able to gain the upper hand and even giving impression to Vegeta that his power surpasses Vegeta's (When in reality, you could say Goku cheated)...

Last edited by a moderator:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Does not necesarily need to be invincable but he should have the Kaio Ken ... Like Joca94 says ...

Can be a little increase not to dramatic offcourse
KaioKen can be balanced like, at x1 KK you drop 0.5health and KI every 10seconds(depends on your PL) and at x2 0.75 for 10sec etc etc. But if you got like 30 000 PL and go for x10 KK you would die in 2sec.
Also , there should be the option to chose which KK to use , x1 , x2 , x3 , x4 ,x5 , x6 , x7 , x8 , x9 , x10

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
KaioKen can be balanced like, at x1 KK you drop 0.5health and KI every 10seconds(depends on your PL) and at x2 0.75 for 10sec etc etc. But if you got like 30 000 PL and go for x10 KK you would die in 2sec.
Also , there should be the option to chose which KK to use , x1 , x2 , x3 , x4 ,x5 , x6 , x7 , x8 , x9 , x10
Droping health in a game where you respawn a few seconds after death is a no go. Thats why we arent including suicide self detonation attacks. Death is not a penalty when you just come back a few seconds later.

If anything we may give Goku a red aura (since we are already using one for Jeice), but dont take my word for it.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Kaioken could be part of a bonus Melee, you know... scream Kaioken and having a red aura as he's punching the enemy :p

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaioken could be part of a bonus Melee, you know... scream Kaioken and having a red aura as he's punching the enemy :p
The bonus melee system and the aura system are separate. You can have turbo activated when performing bonus attacks. Meaning you would have 2 auras on the character at one time if we added aura effects to that.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
The bonus melee system and the aura system are separate. You can have turbo activated when performing bonus attacks. Meaning you would have 2 auras on the character at one time if we added aura effects to that.
What if you perform the Bonus attack while having the turbo activated? Can't you just change the aura for a Red one while performing the move and change it back after?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What if you perform the Bonus attack while having the turbo activated? Can't you just change the aura for a Red one while performing the move and change it back after?
That would mean rewriting how the aura system works. As it is now when turbo is active there are only certain situations that force you out of turbo, but nothing that just disables the effect. Since we want the player to have more control over it, we will not be forcing the player out of turbo for melee like it was with 1.2

And disabling the effect can lead to all sorts of bug related complications, which quite frankly are to much to deal with for such a small gain. Especially since we can just give him a red aura instead of a white one.

But that would probably have to wait till before the release, since we already have a red aura and switching it is easy.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Droping health in a game where you respawn a few seconds after death is a no go. Thats why we arent including suicide self detonation attacks. Death is not a penalty when you just come back a few seconds later.

If anything we may give Goku a red aura (since we are already using one for Jeice), but dont take my word for it.

Death is a penalty for score and that.

@BFP, they changed how it went in the anime compared to the manga. In the anime he was constantly using it against Frieza I think it was, although his body wasn't red. While in the manga he only did it in necessary but short moments, so realistically it did take a lot from Goku and that's one of the few million aspects the anime tends to ruin (although it makes everything look so cool in return :p)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
As I recall Kaioken did put a strain on his body the first few times he used it, but the lower forms eventual became easy for him to manage, to the point where standard Kaioken wasn't any kind of strain on his body. He even went as far as to develop the Super kaioken, which drew in some part on his super sayian abilities.(You can tell cause his hair goes all stiff!) Either way I think it would be cool to have, but given the type of game, esf is, it's rather redundant.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't neccesarly think it didn't put any strain on his body. I think that Kaioken X1 became quite useless. He needed way more than that against Frieza. So I think even Kaioken X1 had a strain on the body, he just had to go higher or he'd get killed.

Best answers
Or you could give it to him before he turns Super saiyan and just have it take longer for him to turn into super saiyan? just a thought either way even if it was just a physical look in the game it would be cool.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
4 transformations is too many and it would make him overpowered

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

@BFP, they changed how it went in the anime compared to the manga. In the anime he was constantly using it against Frieza I think it was, although his body wasn't red. While in the manga he only did it in necessary but short moments, so realistically it did take a lot from Goku and that's one of the few million aspects the anime tends to ruin (although it makes everything look so cool in return :p)
Yea not really. Score will be calculated by gained PL. Meaning we will eliminate kill stealing since the health of people is increased to the point that KSing would be a real bother. Besides its kinda a score on damage dealt.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
isnt it Kaio-Ken ? and no kao ken

and yes grega its relevant to the thread his topic name is like that ^^

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers

Ok thnx , i did not read the manga... :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Personally, I think that Kaio-Ken should be seperate from the base game of ESF: F. Make all the mods you like, I won't stand in the way of that, but I think that making things balanced in ESF: F is more important than sticking to the anime/manga. Perhaps the guys who made ECX RC2 might make things closer to the manga/anime.
The Kaio-Ken would unbalance it horribly. A cosmetic change would kind of seem out of place, if you know what I mean. Everyone just has the melee bonus thingy, but Goku calls it Kaio-Ken. It would just seem... strange.

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A cosmetic change would kind of seem out of place, if you know what I mean. Everyone just has the melee bonus thingy, but Goku calls it Kaio-Ken. It would just seem... strange.
Not exactly. I actually believe it's the only possible way of adding it. But that's just me.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd have to be a token addition for the moment.

The only other best way I can see it being added would be too complex at this stage. Goku's stats would be universally lowered a bit but he'd have a larger pool of ki, and you'd used Kaioken as a normalization attack. You'd have the kaioken gauge as a seperate button that you can set it's rating at, and cycle through at leisure.

It'd drain ki and stamina quickly, and do damage based on the stage it's at. at 1x, it would increase goku's power to normal. 2x would be slightly stronger than that, but more draining and increases damage taken by 33%. 3rd would give goku a 1.5 times damage bonus, but burns ki and stamina at a larger rate than before and increase damage taken by 100%.

Using it as a constant battle mechanic would be the most fun way of doing it, and you can choose not to use it at all to simply have a larger ki pool to work with so you can fire off attacks and such in addition to your .50x to .75x rate of damage that your doing compared to the other characters. And Goku wouldn't have to be the only character that has a mechanic such as this.

But, as cool as it is to fantasize of it's not really applicable when we have transformations later on in the game. And the coding for it would probably take forever. I definitely think it would make Goku a blast to play if you had to juggle ki cost, stat gains/reductions, and damage dealt/taken increases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom