Kao ken attack?

Best answers
How about adding it to Goku's moves? not sure if it is already added or going to be added would be a nice touch.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No. Goku has enough SSJ forms, and doesnt need another boost.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Weird though , considering he has Kaio Ken BEFORE he gets Super Saiyan... imo it should be there more obviously then eg. ssj3.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep weird , Goku MUST have kaioken , becouse its hes attack he got when he died waiting to fight Vegeta

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku is also the strongest character in the series, and should be nigh invincible in the game, because that's how it is in the show.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
This has been discussed before, many times. And it comes down to the fact it would unbalance the game.
Goku already has a large move set and 3 transformations. More than any other character I believe.
As cool as it would be to give him Kaio-ken, think of the down side. He would lose health and Ki rapidly.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Goku is also the strongest character in the series, and should be nigh invincible in the game, because that's how it is in the show.
Does not necesarily need to be invincable but he should have the Kaio Ken ... Like Joca94 says ...

Can be a little increase not to dramatic offcourse

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Does not necesarily need to be invinceble but he should have the Kaio Ken ... Like Joca94 says ...
We're either following the show in every respect or we're going to make alterations in order to have a balanced game.

Choose one.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
We're either following the show in every respect or we're going to make alterations in order to have a balanced game.

Choose one.
Can be a Kamahameha Kaio-Ken for instance ... Red aura around goku and shooting a Red beam ( slightly stronger then kamehameha and unlocked with a certain power level)

Best answers
Kaioken is realy not needed. If it was implented the balance in the game is gone.

But... what the team could consider is to let goku have a red aura when he's making bonus melee.
That way you have kaioken AND something special to look at when his bonus melee starts.
So.. no new power but only visual..

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Kaioken is realy not needed. If it was implented the balance in the game is gone.

But... what the team could consider is to let goku have a red aura when he's making bonus melee.
That way you have kaioken AND something special to look at when his bonus melee starts.
So.. no new power but only visual..
Nice idea indeed.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, that is such bull. You have a stamina system IN THE GAME, that's made SPECIFICALLY TO balance out melee and you're telling me you can't balance a Kaioken ability? I don't particularly care if Kaioken does get implemented but you don't even need to make it the insanely-strong attack from the series. You can just make it an aura that burns energy or stamina, or both, to up damage by a couple points.

Or it could just be goku's niche for his tier melee attacks. (having the kaioken aura surround him while he unleashes the tier melee combo)

Or it could simply decrease the damage you take, while draining ki at a faster rate than your turbo aura.

I don't even care but there is no reason it couldn't at least be tokenly implemented. And theres NO reason it'd be unbalanced, and yes, people will complain about the game anyway so why even care if it's not the way it is in the show?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Having 3 transformations is the most you should give a character in ESF, anymore and it would be pretty OP. Goku uses the Kaio-ken at a very low PL, so he'd probably be able to use it right when you first choose him. It would give him an advantage immediately, but also using it would be pretty dumb. Like stated above, he would lose his HP and Ki rapidly. The Kaio-ken is an unneeded technique for Goku in ESF. It just wouldn't fit, tbh.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
@Dark: Everything you listed is unbalanced as the other characters don't have an equivalent. If it were like in EEA, I think it was, where everyone could overcharge, increasing their pl and speed momentarily, then it wouldn't be a big deal. You'd switch Goku's aura to red, call it kaio ken and everyone would stop *****ing about something that really doesn't add anything to the game. Goku is already the best all-around character. Giving him anything else without spreading the wealth, as it were, would only serve to tip the scales in his favor even more than they already are.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then just put it in as a token addition, then. There's nothing unbalanced about having Goku be surrounded by a red aura when he uses a combo attack. And while it may not add anything to gameplay, it does add something to the feel of the game. The only problem I have with this and that's been being said for a long time is that only half the issue is with balancing, the rest is that they simply don't want to do it.

Which is fine if they don't, but there's just literally no reason it couldn't be implemented as a token graphic so that people would be able to go "Oh, that's what ******* Goku WOULD do!". I wouldn't imagine it would take that long to script in and there are other characters they could do similar things with. I mean, even in Budokai which is a retardedly unbalanced game, Kaioken was just a quick combo that Goku did and it left you going "**** yeAH KAIOKEN HIS AASSSSS".

Game feel. Cmon. But again, I really don't care that much I just get tired of seeing "it's unbalanced" as an excuse. Nothing is unbalanced if you just take a bit to flesh it out. One thing that I would agree with is it would make Goku seem like he has 50 moves compared to everyone elses 3, if it were a normal attack. Which is why I think his kickass 3-hit owning of raditz would be a good first or second tier attack.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Darkowns. It wouldn't hurt to see a red aura and some kick-ass combo in the tier mode. Of course only when Goku doesn't transform. That way it wouldn't take a lot of time to add and everybody is happy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't what they were asking for. You're saying you'll settle for a cosmetic change. They want an additional transformation. We're arguing two different things here.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I also agree, that Goku has enough attacks. Otherwise, you'll get people who want to win, going Goku with his 9001 attacks, and owning the server, thus making others turn to Goku, and poor Buu and the others are left behind, never to be used again. :(
But seriously. YOu want Kao-Ken? You want ESF: ECX RC2. That has Kao-Ken.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't what they were asking for. You're saying you'll settle for a cosmetic change. They want an additional transformation. We're arguing two different things here.
Actually the guy who started the thread asked for kaioken to be added to Goku's "moves" so it doesn't really have to be a transformation. More of a special attack or combo.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i dont want an additional transformation, kaio ken isnt a transformation its a short power up .... or the aura thing that is mentioned here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom