K a lil question about 1.3(three)

New Member
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
6
Best answers
0
Hello every one:) i'd like to ask u 1 lil question..

ESF 1.2 was developed in a pretty long time... :)

As Mastasurf said they will focus on transformation... so the question is :

How do u think will 1.3 be developed faster then 1.2 ?

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english i hope u will understand it :)
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,532
Best answers
0
Jumping ahead a little bit aren't we -_-'

Curiosity is great, but 1.2 isn't even out yet, you haven't played it, and it should theoretically keep people occupied longer than 1.0 or 1.1 did, so how long 1.3 takes isn't relevant right now. We're just going to get people in here who are pissy about how long 1.2 took and how long they bet 1.3 will take....

Realistically 1.3 will take as long as it is going to take. Faster than 1.2? Probably. It's going to focus on new models/combos/power levels/attacks and optionally characters. If the team adds in characters it'll take longer depending on the number of characters and their versatility. Obviousy if you add in 2 brand new characters not only do you have somewhere between 2-6 models to create, you have to animate and skin them properly too. On top of that you've got to construct new attacks for new characters, and the more unique or interesting those attacks are the longer it will take in turn to get them bugless and then to balance them with other characters' attacks. You also have to worry about balancing the transformations and making sure people aren't going to ***** and whine when they finally do get ahold of the characters because they aren't quite like the show. Think the burning attack ball vs. beam controversy on a character-sized scale.

Everything takes time, just gotta be patient. 1.2 is on saturday so I don't think you're going to get bored enough to want them to rush 1.3 for a good while anyway.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2002
Messages
514
Best answers
0
I wouldnt want them to rush 1.3 though, so if they took another year to release id be happy. 1.3 is gonna be hella fun to play, but if it is rushed its gonna look poop :eek: and we dont want that.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
Honestly i dont want them to make 1.3 because 1.3=trans and evm and eea were both horrible and unbalanced. not only that but if esf team DOES make trans well then i think not only should it be another million after ssj. but when they go like ssj2 they shouldnt get more than like a million or 2 of pl and they shouldnt go twice as fast. because the way it is now. regular is for fighting and ssj is for beam spamming. and its very hard to fight as ssj and it makes it harder to fight. when ssj is supposed to help you fight. so think that instead ssj should only make the hits harder and maybe take the percentages away like you said about those 35% down to whatever. ya know?
 
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,115
Best answers
0
The team will make sure it's balanced. I've seen testing in action and they test just about every possibility to make it fair.

-Karrde-
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
226
Best answers
0
yeah the teams pretty good at getting things nice and balanced.
on a side note: didnt they "balance" buu with the other characters? i saw it in another thread.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
no buu is the best to fight because he gets your pl up faster. but i admit he is very unbalaced.
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,532
Best answers
0
Buu starting PL is 1,250,000 and his candy beam does less damage to opponents who are tumbling/laying on the ground. He still has the most HP, the most versatile beam, and the highest start/second highest transformed speeds, but cookies will happen less often and he wont start off quite as godly as he did in 1.1 . The reasons are mostly based on him being more unbalanced with 1.2 than he was in 1.1 .

(If you're wondering who to send hatemail to if you loved Buu the way he was I'm the one to PM, as I did the testing w/ Joe / Shadow /made balancing suggestions. Don't harass the poor dev team)


There's no reason to think the team wont balance the transformations. Don't worry, things will work out nice and neat or the team will take as long as they have to to make it that way. It'll get done, and balanced.
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
226
Best answers
0
ok thanks sonic. in the hands of a good player buu was damn near invincible in 1.1. its nice to know that he wont be so unbearable in 4 days.
 
Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
1,439
Best answers
0
Whether you know it or not, the transform PLs used in ESF right now are based on the characters full transfomations. This means that we (mainly Zero) sat down way back when and figured out the all the transformation points/speeds for each character. So basically you guys are playing the first part of the transformation system. Similar to how you guys played the first part of 1.2 melee (swoop & smash) in beta 1.0.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2002
Messages
514
Best answers
0
Would this mean that ssj1..1st transform level pl would be ssj3 later on or..?
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
yeah masta you threw me off sorta. so are you saying that the trans are different?


PS- masta in your avatar.... I WANT THAT MODEL :p
 
New Member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
29
Best answers
0
Mastasurf said:
Whether you know it or not, the transform PLs used in ESF right now are based on the characters full transfomations. This means that we (mainly Zero) sat down way back when and figured out the all the transformation points/speeds for each character. So basically you guys are playing the first part of the transformation system. Similar to how you guys played the first part of 1.2 melee (swoop & smash) in beta 1.0.
To maybe simplify that, think of the melee in beta 1.2 as 2 parts. One part is smash & swoop and another is adv melee. In beta 1.0 we got to play with 1 part of 1.2 melee, which was smash & swoop. If you understand that, then think of the transformation PL in the same light. In beta 1.0 we played with part of the transformation system, not the full thing.

Perhaps im wrong in my interpretation of Mastasurf, but thats the way i understand it, if this does not simplify what he said, then sue me for making you even more confused. ;)
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,532
Best answers
0
Ok, what he's saying is that they balanced the characters thinking more than one transformation ahead. Since they don't actually have those extra transformations in, and we're stuck with only the second forms, the classes are a little unbalanced. Krillin has a massive transformation because he isn't going to get another one in 1.3, for example.
 
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
4,532
Best answers
0
Watch it with the spam... jeeze. People are just curious about stuff.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
183
Best answers
0
I GET IT NOW!!!!!
i think that basically means that when 1.3 comes out, all o' the last transes should be around equal
 
New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
817
Best answers
0
so krillin's Speed is equal to that of what Kid buu/ssj3 goku/majin vegeta/perfect cell/form 4 freeza (or 100%)/kai power up gohan/piccolo kami merger/ussjtrunks/
 
Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
1,439
Best answers
0
NoneExistant said:
To maybe simplify that, think of the melee in beta 1.2 as 2 parts. One part is smash & swoop and another is adv melee. In beta 1.0 we got to play with 1 part of 1.2 melee, which was smash & swoop. If you understand that, then think of the transformation PL in the same light. In beta 1.0 we played with part of the transformation system, not the full thing.

Perhaps im wrong in my interpretation of Mastasurf, but thats the way i understand it, if this does not simplify what he said, then sue me for making you even more confused. ;)

very warm....

Sonic Boyster said:
Ok, what he's saying is that they balanced the characters thinking more than one transformation ahead. Since they don't actually have those extra transformations in, and we're stuck with only the second forms, the classes are a little unbalanced. Krillin has a massive transformation because he isn't going to get another one in 1.3, for example.

Bingo!
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
0
Best answers
0
SSJ Shin Carl said:
so krillin's Speed is equal to that of what Kid buu/ssj3 goku/majin vegeta/perfect cell/form 4 freeza (or 100%)/kai power up gohan/piccolo kami merger/ussjtrunks/
I don't believe so, although SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu will be the 2 fastest, strongest characters in the end just by the numbers. On an interesting note, did you know that you are already playing at SSJ3 speeds? And have been since Beta 1? Another fun fact for you :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top